New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Observation.

Only one water ride depicted... and in a place it shouldn't be. Why depict it at all when the site will be rife with such rides.

The wave pools are depicted correctly, but what happened to the rivers? Perhaps they are too shallow to worry about?

I just don't understand the inconsistent, inaccurate artwork.

Perhaps it is a requested workaround to hide their intentions. We already know that the water authority will accommodate the major park's requests to hide stuff.

I found that interesting as well. Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't managed to have their permits and associated paperwork with diagrams and such placed under seal. I know other parks that get that "courtesy" from their local government to keep things from leaking through these kinds of searches of public records.

Observation.

Only one water ride depicted... and in a place it shouldn't be. Why depict it at all when the site will be rife with such rides.

The wave pools are depicted correctly, but what happened to the rivers? Perhaps they are too shallow to worry about?

I just don't understand the inconsistent, inaccurate artwork.

Perhaps it is a requested workaround to hide their intentions. We already know that the water authority will accommodate the major park's requests to hide stuff.

Yea, I'm just guessing we're seeing most of the stuff hidden. Other parts of the permit call out a lazy river and "rapids ride".

BTW, those wave pools surround the northeast side of the volcano. So draw a circle to the southwest and then pee your pants. It is or was a grand project and the concept art is/was wild. You should hope Woodbury had his way.

That's a bit upsetting. You yourself have posted images of plans directly from the same public source for a still "rumored" project:
http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...g-Kong-Speculation-Thread?p=361940#post361940

And my other post containing public plans from a different theme park's "rumored" project didn't seem to be an issue either:
http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php/7621-2016-Coaster-Rumor?p=396207#post396207

At the end of the day though, it's your site, so if you feel these specific images are risky for your bottom line, I respect that. Just find it a little odd is all.

Was a different time back then.

Just saw the article myself, is it that the news is always behind or that us at OU are so ahead :p
And even Orlando Informer gets a lot of stuff from here, am really glad I decided to join this community here!

They just have a policy of not printing news based on a site like this as they would be laughed at by the general public. This site has a slightly similar policy in that it maintains that there is no new Kong attraction until it is officially announced.

In hindsight, it is somewhat wise when one thinks of the David Copperfield attraction at DHS that had a huge billboard promoting its coming and yet it never happened.

I was just thinking will the volcano hide an elevator ? Most water parks I have been to have endless stairs going to slides. Disabled can't climb stairs and ADA states they have to make a effort to accommodate them.
It is easy to put ramps into lazy rivers and pools.
but ramps from the volcano to top platform of slides would solve this. Does anyone know if this will be a separate ticket or included in park hoppers( AP's ). Will there be Express ?Early hours for on-site ?

I was just thinking will the volcano hide an elevator ? Most water parks I have been to have endless stairs going to slides. Disabled can't climb stairs and ADA states they have to make a effort to accommodate them.
It is easy to put ramps into lazy rivers and pools.
but ramps from the volcano to top platform of slides would solve this. Does anyone know if this will be a separate ticket or included in park hoppers( AP's ). Will there be Express ?Early hours for on-site ?

I'm not quite sure it would be a great idea to have physically disabled people going down waterslides. Most of them require you have full body control if I'm not mistaken.

It has to have elevators. The park will have walkways that can accomodate wheelchairs, ramps that rise no more than 12" over a 5' span as well as elevators to accommodate those with disabilities. That is the most 100% certain thing about this project.

It has to have elevators. The park will have walkways that can accomodate wheelchairs, ramps that rise no more than 12" over a 5' span as well as elevators to accommodate those with disabilities. That is the most 100% certain thing about this project.

Curious. There must be situations where they refuse entry for some attractions, like the drop towers one would think?

Curious. There must be situations where they refuse entry for some attractions, like the drop towers one would think?

Yes, but they'll word it by saying "you must be able to transfer out of a wheelchair/scooter to a standing position and then climb out of a pool without assistance"...obviously something the most severely handicapped won't be able to do. But if those disabled people can't get to the top of the platform, read the warning signs and make the decisions for themselves, ADA will have a fit.

I've been reading some things about Universal moving some of the slides/attractions from Wet n Wild over to the new waterpark. I know this would save some money, but if they are really going for a great new waterpark, would they really re-use old rides?

I just checked, and Ihu's breakaway falls doesn't appear to have an elevator at all. Just stairs.

Indeed, it is a good exercise to do Ihu :smiley:
I think it is only 85 ft or something though, so it is not that much taller than Wet 'n Wild's Bombay. Ihu is all stairs though whereas Bombay is mainly a curving ramp, but then, I noticed that it makes little difference whether one uses a curving ramp or stairs, ramps exercise the lower legs more and stairs the upper legs.

Yeah, I don't know why people keep assuming everything needs an elevator.

I was just going with statement in the quote below. I hadn't had time to check if it were true.

Yeah, I don't know why people keep assuming everything needs an elevator.

Well, its to properly adhere to laws for those with disabilities who can not safely use stairways. I believe though, and this is only what I've been told through my employment (I work for a company who provides services to people with disabilities) and should not be taken as fact, that if an attraction or ride has safety requirements that restricts those with disabilities from riding then they are waved from having to provide reasonable accommodation in accessing the attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.