New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean other than Teebin, once I got out of the insider deal who has stepped in to give readers around the web their fill? Seems pretty quiet to me, just saying....

There are many of us that may or may not be directly involved with said project... but we just enjoy looking from a safe distance :wave:

Hey guys! I'm way behind on these threads but can somebody fill me in on what specific attractions have been rumored for this park? And is it confirmed it's happening? And If so, when and where Is it being built??

Hey guys! I'm way behind on these threads but can somebody fill me in on what specific attractions have been rumored for this park? And is it confirmed it's happening? And If so, when and where Is it being built??
Our people with "Insight", primarily Teebin in this case but some confirmation by others on a few aspects, have said it is being built on the vacant land that is adjacent to Cabana Bay. That area is apx. the size of one of the WDW water parks including their parking area. There will be no parking at the water park, according to sources, so the actual water park will be at least as large, if not larger than the WDW water parks. There will be an apx. 200 ft.volcano in the park, with rides inside and outside the volcano. Two lazy rivers, with at least one passing through the volcano. Apx. 16 attractions with some of them having multiple slides. One attraction will be a drop tower slide approaching the highest areas of the volcano. Transportation will primarily be buses & walking. There will be apx. 3600 hotel rooms within a 10-15 minute walk to the park once Sapphire Falls is completed. It hasn't been announced by Universal. Rumored target date is 2017. That's basically what I can recall. Others please add if I've missed or misinterpreted anything.

Last edited:
Our people with "Insight", primarily Teebin in this case but some confirmation by others on a few aspects, have said it is being built on the vacant land that is adjacent to Cabana Bay. That area is apx. the size of one of the WDW water parks including their parking area. There will be no parking at the water park, according to sources, so the actual water park will be at least as large, if not larger than the WDW water parks. There will be an apx. 200 ft.volcano in the park, with rides inside and outside the volcano. Two lazy rivers, with at least one passing through the volcano. Apx. 16 attractions with some of them having multiple slides. One attraction will be a drop tower slide approaching the highest areas of the volcano. Transportation will primarily be buses & walking. There will be apx. 3600 hotel rooms within a 10-15 minute walk to the park once Sapphire Falls is completed. It hasn't been announced by Universal. Rumored target date is 2017. That's basically what I can recall. Others please add if I've missed or misinterpreted anything.
Great! You just forgot to mention how bad azz the cutting edge technology and creativeness is going to be.:sneaky:

Well, this just got as official as it gets... until an announcement, of course.

An "Early Works Package" and Stormwater Report were filed with the South Florida Water Management District today. The Early Works Package doesn't contain anything too terribly exciting. It's mostly just the site survey and demolition plans, plus the the service road around the property that's likely just for the site preparation phase of the project.

The exciting part comes on page 108 of part two of the Stormwater Report, where they finally describe Project 533 with specific terms. Here you go:

PROJECT CONSIDERATIONS

The project is a proposed water theme park to be constructed to the south of the recently opened
Cabana Beach Resort. The site is a vacant tract of land that occupies a plan area of some 25±
acres. The site is generally triangular in shape, bounded by I-4 to the south, Turkey Lake Road
to the west and the new hotel to the north. A generalized plan view of the area under
consideration is included on Figure 1.

We understand that new construction will include slides and pools plus various recreational
facilities. A tall “volcano” with slides will be constructed in the southern portion of the site.
There will be a series of low-rise buildings constructed throughout the site with several
containing equipment pits. The site is to be graded by cutting and filling, the full extent of which
is not known to us at this time. We do however understand that some construction elements will
be located several feet below the water table.

The largest below grade construction will be the bunker that is associated with the Volcano. The
finished floor slab of the bunker is understood to be elevation +117 feet, some 20± feet below
existing grade. Pool shells will also be located below grade with the deepest such feature being
at the wave pool next to the Volcano equipment bunker.

Images Removed per Staff

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
We have removed the images to play it safe, even though it's public. You know how to find it now, but we don't want to broadcast it out. After all, the water park is still "rumored".

We have removed the images to play it safe, even though it's public. You know how to find it now, but we don't want to broadcast it out. After all, the water park is still "rumored".

LOL! You bastard! :smiley:

Can we still say "Universal Orlando Resort"?

Perhaps I can ask Universal Legal to remove my username and posts on this website from the cubicles of their offices. I do charge for my artistic inspiration afterall...

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

Observation.

Only one water ride depicted... and in a place it shouldn't be. Why depict it at all when the site will be rife with such rides.

The wave pools are depicted correctly, but what happened to the rivers? Perhaps they are too shallow to worry about?

I just don't understand the inconsistent, inaccurate artwork.

Perhaps it is a requested workaround to hide their intentions. We already know that the water authority will accommodate the major park's requests to hide stuff.

That's a bit upsetting. You yourself have posted images of plans directly from the same public source for a still "rumored" project:
http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...g-Kong-Speculation-Thread?p=361940#post361940

And my other post containing public plans from a different theme park's "rumored" project didn't seem to be an issue either:
http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php/7621-2016-Coaster-Rumor?p=396207#post396207

At the end of the day though, it's your site, so if you feel these specific images are risky for your bottom line, I respect that. Just find it a little odd is all.

Someone has already posted those images from here over at WDW Magic and a feature article on Orlando Informer and credited OU with releasing it. So it's out already........Teebin named to the Universal Wall of Fame. Quite an honor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.