Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They're pretty much just waiting to release Paper Mario Color Splash, and then they will unveil the NX. I almost feel like the early mistake release of the game was planned.
It really makes me realize that the Wii U is pretty much gonna be dead after that game comes out. It's kinda sad... it wasn't a great system but it was definately a solid system. At least the NX seems like it's going to be great if the hybrid rumors are true.

It really makes me realize that the Wii U is pretty much gonna be dead after that game comes out. It's kinda sad... it wasn't a great system but it was definately a solid system. At least the NX seems like it's going to be great if the hybrid rumors are true.
Since a recent rumor says retailers in Europe can no longer order the system after this month, yeah it pretty much is. I remember all the excitement I had for its potential when I got mine on day 1 and played Nintendo Land. I really hope it's different with the NX. Having all games on one hybrid is what gives me hope.

Reactions: Brer Oswald
Thanks @Teebin , glad you could clarify.

Also, I know this is probably for @Mike S to bring up, but Martin on magic hinted that perhaps Nintendo isn't replacing KidZone. Any insiders here, hear anything?

Reactions: Joel
I think Martin is wrong. Multiple sources have indicated that Kidzone would be the location for Nintendo (particularly on here).
I know, but Martin said this yesterday, and I believe he too previously stated that Nintendo was coming to KidZone.

I know, but Martin said this yesterday, and I believe he too previously stated that Nintendo was coming to KidZone.

Martin has done well with Disney information; but his Universal information is sketched. While yes, I'm willing to give him a chance; I can't see any other location in USF that'd fit for Nintendo.

EDIT: Looking at the plot next to MIB, if you have to; you can cram it in there to have about 10.49 Acres but still, I think we need to wait to see as Kidzone has been the one rumored since the announcement of Nintendo partnering with the parks.

Reactions: DoubleJ
As much as I would love that it closes the park off to a lot of people that don't care for Nintendo.

Nintendo is so spread out that if they even include 3rd party IPs that something will attract someone. And Its also a huge chunk of land. Heck my blue sky 287 acre dream park could fit with all that land left over. Literally if Universal wanted they could fit two theme parks and still have room for City walk and hotels on that land plot.

I'm surprised that this descision (if in fact it has been made) is happening this late in development, therefore I am a bit skeptical.

Reactions: Mike S
I'm surprised that this descision (if in fact it has been made) is happening this late in development, therefore I am a bit skeptical.
They bought the land after the Nintendo alliance was announced. Something like that opens up a lot of new possibilities. Remember, they also bought Dreamworks after that as well. They could put 2 smaller parks (Nintendoland and Dreamworks World) on the new plot.

Perhaps the space they currently have earmarked for Nintendo just isn't big enough for what they plan to do inc any expansion plans ?

If Martin is correct (I'm inclined to think his info is wrong until Teebin or Skip says otherwise - no offense to Martin at all), I do wonder what will go in Kidszone since there is no denying that Kidszone is in need of a makeover. If not Nintendo, then either DreamWorks properties or various other properties such as Spongebob?

Perhaps the space they currently have earmarked for Nintendo just isn't big enough for what they plan to do inc any expansion plans ?

To be honest, if they needed to for an expansion of USF's Nintendo, the answer is plain and simple; as long as the new Parade building gets built..because that'd leave the door open for an attraction potentially on the size of USH's SLoP to take over the old Parade building..

The rumors of Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, and Yoshi's Island sound pretty good to me. The "expansion" would be like Harry Potter in another park. Zelda.