Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has it been confirmed its just Mario and family (Luigi,Peach,Toad,Bowser) or is Zelda still a possibility? If they go outside of the main Nintendo family I assume that would be where they go. Ocarina of Time is still considered the best video game of all time by many. I hope its represented in more than the gift shop...
Nintendo's big three is Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, so the fact that they said they are bringing their franchises to the parks makes Zelda a given.

Reactions: Mike S
If you dissect that "Lot of Space" text, I'd wonder if that means they got their final size on lock..which would make the question wage further on whether ET is staying or not.

Although that's me being in the crackpottering business so..

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
Perhaps...

That would also indicate something else.

They could be in the final stretches of pre-development so they can get the greenlight from Nintendo (both America and Japan I'd wager) so construction could start in the near future {Which could lead to a possible start date in the deconstruction of Kidzone}..

That would also indicate something else.

They could be in the final stretches of pre-development so they can get the greenlight from Nintendo (both America and Japan I'd wager) so construction could start in the near future {Which could lead to a possible start date in the deconstruction of Kidzone}..
I'm starting to wonder if this could be announced alongside the NX in a huge Nintendo Direct about "the future of Nintendo."

I'm starting to wonder if this could be announced alongside the NX in a huge Nintendo Direct about "the future of Nintendo."

We do know that Osaka is expected to have theirs announced by the end of the year; so anything is possible at this point.

Although it would be probably only a concept art of one of the attractions that'd be a shared for Orlando, Japan, and most likely Hollywood.

Another thing to consider if that is the tone they'd go for a Nintendo Direct about the future of the company is on the motion picture opportunities and the Mobile Market but we'll see at this point.

It will be interesting to see what solution they came up with for a super high tech idea they had been imagining. When I first heard of it months ago I said, "How in hell are they going to make that work?", as no one had made it work completely at that time.

"At that time" makes me curious..is it something that someone (either in or outside the park industry) has created for the parks? A part of me thinks it has something to do with AR (with that Investment to META from Comcast afterall) but who knows at this point..

It will be interesting to see what solution they came up with for a super high tech idea they had been imagining. When I first heard of it months ago I said, "How in hell are they going to make that work?", as no one had made it work completely at that time.
Have you gotten a recent update that they were still trying to fit it in? I know he has a bad rap here, but whylightbulb on Magic said that a super-cool exciting feature of the E-ticket, had been cut in favor of play-it-safe. Wondering if in fact this could've been it, and if it's been saved.
Here are two quotes from him, from Jan 2016:
What initially made the major E ticket so exciting has now become a "play it safe" project.
The main ride concept was cutting edge and would have required some additional R&D, an area that Uni is very weak in when compared to WDI.

Last edited:
Have you gotten a recent update that they were still trying to fit it in? I know he has a bad wrap here, but whylightbulb on Magic said that a super-cool exciting feature of the E-ticket, had been cut in favor of play-it-safe. Wondering if in fact this could've been it, or if it's been saved.

To me, whylightbulb isn't exactly the best person to listen to for Universal information (atleast to me).

To me, whylightbulb isn't exactly the best person to listen to for Universal information (atleast to me).
The fact that whylightbulb and Teebin appear to be talking about the same concept intrigues me. IDK, what his track record is, but most on Magic consider him a very trustful source for both Dis and Uni.

Last edited:
Have you gotten a recent update that they were still trying to fit it in? I know he has a bad rap here, but whylightbulb on Magic said that a super-cool exciting feature of the E-ticket, had been cut in favor of play-it-safe. Wondering if in fact this could've been it, and if it's been saved.
Here are two quotes from him, from Jan 2016:

January doesn't sound a time such an idea would be cut.

On another note, that guy is sooooo Henny Penny it makes me laugh. "Kong was slashed, VB is but a shadow of its former self." He makes these claims that are just ridiculous.

They're pretty much just waiting to release Paper Mario Color Splash, and then they will unveil the NX. I almost feel like the early mistake release of the game was planned.