Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has it been confirmed its just Mario and family (Luigi,Peach,Toad,Bowser) or is Zelda still a possibility? If they go outside of the main Nintendo family I assume that would be where they go. Ocarina of Time is still considered the best video game of all time by many. I hope its represented in more than the gift shop...

The initial project is 100% Mario. Mario Kart and Donkey Kong coaster seem to be all but confirmed, and there's a good chance (IMO) that ET will be replaced by the Yoshi ride coming to USJ.

AFAIK there were also plans, early on, that had other franchises represented as well. Those don't seem to be in the cards for USF, but that doesn't mean they won't pop up in the future whether it be in Park 3 or elsewhere.

Technically nothing has been confirmed yet, but unofficially confirmed by @Teebin as definitely Mario Kart and Donkey Kong, with something (I forget what, mind his blanking but I believe Yoshi) to possibly replace E.T. in a future expansion (but this is definitely not unofficially confirmed, @Teebin just mentioned that Japan is getting this ride so its possible we may get it eventually)

This. I've heard constant whispers that ET is on the block, so personally I think it'll happen. Whether it happens with the others or as a Phase II is the question for me. I think the latter is more likely, if only because they need all the capacity they can get so it make sense to close ET later.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
The initial project is 100% Mario. Mario Kart and Donkey Kong coaster seem to be all but confirmed, and there's a good chance (IMO) that ET will be replaced by the Yoshi ride coming to USJ.

AFAIK there were also plans, early on, that had other franchises represented as well. Those don't seem to be in the cards for USF, but that doesn't mean they won't pop up in the future whether it be in Park 3 or elsewhere.

This. I've heard constant whispers that ET is on the block, so personally I think it'll happen. Whether it happens with the others or as a Phase II is the question for me. I think the latter is more likely, if only because they need all the capacity they can get so it make sense to close ET later.

I'm trying to understand the first part you said.. 100% Mario initially meaning not donkey kong? Then DK was added later? Also I thought @Teebin said Mario Kart is a busbar type attraction with multiple lanes then a separate DK ride.

As much as I love ET, I would love for Yoshi to be part of phase 1. Hopefully it is!

I'm trying to understand the first part you said.. 100% Mario initially meaning not donkey kong? Then DK was added later? Also I thought @Teebin said Mario Kart is a busbar type attraction with multiple lanes then a separate DK ride.

I consider Donkey Kong part of the Mario franchise, personally. Nothing more to read into it than that.

As much as I love ET, I would love for Yoshi to be part of phase 1. Hopefully it is!

I want the Yoshi ride badly. It's going to be great as long as it ends up being what's rumored.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
Technically nothing has been confirmed yet, but unofficially confirmed by @Teebin as definitely Mario Kart and Donkey Kong, with something (I forget what, mind his blanking but I believe Yoshi) to possibly replace E.T. in a future expansion (but this is definitely not unofficially confirmed, @Teebin just mentioned that Japan is getting this ride so its possible we may get it eventually)
Right but I think Yoshi would open with the rest of it rather than being expansion. It's also been said that the entrance will be Peach's Castle so they kind of have to decide on Yoshi to know where the entrance will be going.

Reactions: Joel

They could always close ET later and still rush to have that done with the rest of the project.

My guess would be 2017 Fallon opens and the back of KidZone closes. 2018 F&F opens and the front of KidZone with ET etc. closes and it's all done by 2020.

Mario, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi all exist in the same universe.

Reactions: Joel
They could always close ET later and still rush to have that done with the rest of the project.

My guess would be 2017 Fallon opens and the back of KidZone closes. 2018 F&F opens and the front of KidZone with ET etc. closes and it's all done by 2020.

Eh, I don't see that at all, personally. I think KZ closes when F&F opens in early 2018, ET stays open until the rest of Nintendo opens. But this is all just guessing.

I rather E.T. just gets the rerouted entrance via Hollywood that's been discussed in the past and is left alone. Plenty of space back there for Nintendo.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Joel
Ha. I don't think this is on Nintendo at this point. Universal probably doesn't want to close anything else at this point.

I just want an NX announcement from Nintendo
gjyfekcsd4nx.gif

It'd be awesome to keep E.T. and still have enough room for all 3 rides for nintendo. Although it would be awesome to get a refurb in. E.T. could be that one ride that lasts through the ages as a nod to the history of the park.

Reactions: Blue
Any idea what the flat rides would be like? I'd imagine one of them would be a carousel?
If they do a carousel and it didn't have this music I'd consider it a fail. Other themes could be used too but this one would be a must.

If there's another flat ride I'd go for a Yoshi egg teacup ride with some Yoshi music. As you can tell I think music needs to be a huge part of this land. Perfect way to pull on the nostalgia strings.