Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kinda on topic, but I feel Nintendo has a huge knockoff problem. I never know if Nintendo merch is legitimate or not. Mostly because, all of the Japanese stuff gets sold at small, sketchy stores in North America.

Reactions: Brer Oswald
Kinda on topic, but I feel Nintendo has a huge knockoff problem. I never know if Nintendo merch is legitimate or not. Mostly because, all of the Japanese stuff gets sold at small, sketchy stores in North America.

That's an Asia problem in general as many companies are great at reproducing other companies works and shipping it to the US which is why a lot of stuff from licensed merchandise from Nintendo comes with the seal of certification etc.

I think Mario ends up being the lead Nintendo property in both parks. It's not hard to come up with multiple ride concepts from the IP and it is by far their biggest brand.

Reactions: Brer Oswald
Zelda, Pokémon, Metroid, etc, etc. There's still plenty left over to use.
I'd kill for Metroid... Favorite series by far.

I have a feeling though that they'll stick to what's the most popular which means Mario, Pokémon, and Zelda.
Yeah Nintendo has tons if things to help the third park. Luigis Mansion, Zelda, animal crossing, Metroid, Pokemon....
If they were going to do Luigi's Mansion it'd make the most sense in USF with all the other Mario stuff.

I'd kill for Metroid... Favorite series by far.

I have a feeling though that they'll stick to what's the most popular which means Mario, Pokémon, and Zelda.

If they were going to do Luigi's Mansion it'd make the most sense in USF with all the other Mario stuff.
Not necessarily, if they do a horror section they could place it there due to the ghost element.

Not necessarily, if they do a horror section they could place it there due to the ghost element.
I hope we get a classic monsters section
Monster Cafe is one of my favorite places to walk through when I visit, even though it is just a sub par eatery. I love the classic movie monsters and with Universal rebooting them with new movies i think this is a good chance to capitalize. Maybe even move and redo Mummy to the new park. But thats another topic

Has it been confirmed its just Mario and family (Luigi,Peach,Toad,Bowser) or is Zelda still a possibility? If they go outside of the main Nintendo family I assume that would be where they go. Ocarina of Time is still considered the best video game of all time by many. I hope its represented in more than the gift shop...

Has it been confirmed its just Mario and family (Luigi,Peach,Toad,Bowser) or is Zelda still a possibility? If they go outside of the main Nintendo family I assume that would be where they go. Ocarina of Time is still considered the best video game of all time by many. I hope its represented in more than the gift shop...

Technically nothing has been confirmed yet, but unofficially confirmed by @Teebin as definitely Mario Kart and Donkey Kong, with something (I forget what, mind his blanking but I believe Yoshi) to possibly replace E.T. in a future expansion (but this is definitely not unofficially confirmed, @Teebin just mentioned that Japan is getting this ride so its possible we may get it eventually)

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog