Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 165 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nintendo did put EarthBound and EarthBound Beginnings on Wii U but I think the most anyone could hope for is an official localization of Mother 3. I haven't played the games myself.

Weren't you talking about Nintendo as a whole company?

Their largest market is the US.

Nintendo, the company sells way more games in Japan than they do in the US. The only time the US surpass Japan sales if you include Canada and Mexico in 2014 where they made 2.1 Billion USD from those 3 countries compared to 1.7 Billion USD in a their home country.

Edit: More physical copies of Mother/Earthbound were sold in Japan. I misread your earlier comment.

Nintendo, the company sells way more games in Japan than they do in the US. The only time the US surpass Japan sales if you include Canada and Mexico in 2014 where they made 2.1 Billion USD from those 3 countries compared to 1.7 Billion USD in a their home country.

Edit: More physical copies of Mother/Earthbound were sold in Japan. I misread your earlier comment.
Well I couldn't easily find game totals so I was going by consoles.
Platform Totals - VGChartz

I'm just spitballing and I think they will as part of the paid portion. Remember some of the game is free and the rest is played. You upload your level to a server and see it come to life around you are Universal.
It would be way more likely for something like this to happen with an NX port of Mario Maker, or even a condensed phone part of the game. Super Mario Run isn't intended to be this, at least for now. It's sole purpose is to attract casuals to the NX and to pick up some revenue on the side.

Reactions: anihilnation
Going on the topic of Osaka real quick, it seems rumored that Osaka would be taking over the Amity Island area and not the cluster of Soundstages next to Space Fantasy, correct? Would that include the building next to Hollywood Dream's double helix next to the parks lake?

And I totally didn't just realize I screwed up what I would've said...

Last edited:
Hmm, so are we looking at something like 8.4 acres then (as I am not including the building next to Amity Village)?

HwtjwUA.jpg

I just checked it back up on Google Earth Pro..10.8 Acres, including ET..

Which means Yosh Island is around 3 Acres. And Mario Around 5 acres and DK as well being near 3 acres

If I was to guess, everything gets demoed in it's path..as such..

YI (Including area surrounding it): 2 Acres
Mario (Including Mario Kart and Area): 6 Acres
Donkey Kong (Including Area surrounding Coaster): 2.5 Acres

Total: 10.5 Acres

I just checked it back up on Google Earth Pro..10.8 Acres, including ET..

If I was to guess, everything gets demoed in it's path..as such..

YI (Including area surrounding it): 2 Acres
Mario (Including Mario Kart and Area): 6 Acres
Donkey Kong (Including Area surrounding Coaster): 2.5 Acres

Total: 10.5 Acres
Last 0.3 for backstage?

Reactions: AlexanderMBush