Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Actually, you're wrong. If you read the contract, most of which can be read online, Universal owns the license to the characters that they have continually used in their parks.

Clearly didn't read the contract well enough. They have the characters represented in those rides as well as every character in the associated families under their control. The contract even specifically says The Avengers under the families clause. Nice try though.

But again, let's keep Marvel talk to the Marvel thread.

Last edited:
Actually, you're wrong. If you read the contract, most of which can be read online, Universal owns the license to the characters that they have continually used in their parks. They can't add new characters without permission from Disney, they can't bring back characters they have let vanish from the parks without permission from Disney, and they can't create new attractions from the characters they do have WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM DISNEY. (Seeing a trend here?) They held the rights to create new attractions for, I think, the first three years of operation. After that, what they had is what they got. In perpetuity. Which is why USH can't open any Marvel attractions and why they can't even do walk-around characters. They let the rights lapse by not continually featuring them.

If you want an Avengers ride, you'll need to wait a decade or so for one to appear over at California Adventure.

Read the latest pages of MSHI Expansion over at the IOA section to see how wrong you are.

Because Toon Lagoon has way more space for shops and restaurants which, in case you haven't noticed, tends to be Universal's obsession lately.

KidZone is a tiny area - basically the size of Diagon Alley minus the ride building and the London waterfront, which means very few attractions or very few shops.

2) THE ATTRACTIONS CANNOT UNDERWHELM!

3) THE THEMING CANNOT UNDERWHELM!

4) THEY CANNOT EXTEND THE LAND INTO THE EMPTY LOT!

5) THEY CANNOT SIMPLY RETHEME THE KIDDIE RIDES!

6) THEY CANNOT GET RID OF THE KIDDIE RIDES!

If Kong opens in 2016 and underwhelms

This should be fun.:sneaky: Let's start.

[SUP]Toon Lagoon Was Built Pre-2000. Shops and Restaurants were not an obsession back then.
[/SUP]

Really now?

This first photo shows Kidzone. If Universal decided to gut and restart every building in the red outline, they would have just as much if not a bit more room to work with than Diagon Alley. (I included Animal Actors in Kidzone because it isn't Springfield, Hollywood, and MIB is to far for a connecting remaining "World Expo" land.)

I would not call Kidzone small. It is not utalized for it's current space of course being 1990 standard, but with recent additions of attractions at Universal Orlando, maximizing on space won't be a problem.

Kidzone_zpsd9nwalxb.jpg

This second photo is of Diagon Alley, for size comparison.

DIagon%20Alley_zpslgf0f0jd.jpg

They won't. Any theme park that can build an in resort transportation system from park to park that transits guest as both and attraction and mode of transportation with top A rated theming and realism brought to life, will not underwhelm in the attraction department. Universal Orlando built a transportation system more useful than the city it resides in.
:lol:

It won't.

Expanding into an unused area of land won't hurt. Doesn't have to be the entire area but taking a chunk and expanding guest available attractions won't hurt.

They can, they do a great job at re-themeing, but they won't.

IT WON'T!

Last edited:
Well, like I said on the podcast and here, Universal blew Nintendo away.

At the latest Q&A from Nintendo’s financial results briefing, apparently Iwata says he was “surprised” by Universal’s “extremely detailed” plans for Nintendo attractions, and upon Iwata’s return he immediately met with Miyamoto to talk things over. Universal’s engineers have met multiple times with “veteran Nintendo producers” to get the ball rolling on Nintendo themed attractions.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/1...nd-hints-at-nintendo-films-and-video-content/

Because Toon Lagoon has way more space for shops and restaurants which, in case you haven't noticed, tends to be Universal's obsession lately. KidZone is a tiny area - basically the size of Diagon Alley minus the ride building and the London waterfront, which means very few attractions or very few shops. A multi-character free-for-all in that tiny space will not do the IP justice. If Universal sees the excitement this announcement has created, they will certainly start blue-skying ALL possible ideas: replacing KidZone, retheming Toon Lagoon, replacing the Lost Continent, replacing San Francisco, filling the empty lot between The Simpsons and MIB, third gate land, etc. Of course, Universal could still be going after The Hobbit for its Toon Lagoon replacement, but that doesn't mean Universal Creative isn't currently working on ideas for ALL of the soon-to-change areas. (Personally, I wish they'd just retheme Toon Lagoon to Bikini Bottom, which may not make tons of people happy but the recent movie did remarkably well and the series is routinely one of the top shows on cable. IN RERUNS. Besides, it's all water rides, and SpongeBob lives in the water. And I want to eat at the Krusty Krab!)

I hope they have GREAT ideas for KidZone because there will be MANY problems to overcome shoving Nintendo into this area. There are so many things Universal MUST do back here, or the whole thing will be a bust:

You seem to have somehow missed the many numerous posts in this thread that have discussed how this is not only planned to replace KidZone (which is not speculation but the inside word from those folks who are in the know) but is likely to also expand into the relatively vacant area behind Men in Black, which is considerably larger than Toon Lagoon.

In between the brilliancy of Universal Creative and the brilliancy of Nintendo producers and designers ... we might get something that will look even more spectacular than Harry Potter.

Saying Universal can't or wont do something is very foolish...remember how they can't build a train between both parks because it's backstage

Remember how Universal won't strike a deal with Nintendo..

BTW, If you type in caps at all I ignore your post completely...

Exactly. And they are in fact going to remove some things. One or more will surprise you all.

Please tell me we're not talking about E.T. I know it is back there but they could be clever and reroute the entrance somehow couldn't they?

I just want a Lugies Mansion ride. A fun, just a little scary, dark ride like mystic manor that is interactive. The game itself has a great storyline that includes all the famous Mario family characters. Going with donkey kong seems to be a little repetitive with King Kong next door.

Outside of rides, I really wonder whats going to be the food and drink specialties for this section. That's what I most excited for. I mean Lardboy's donuts and Duff beer for Simpson, Butterbeer for Potter, Transformers had a drink out in hollywood (Flaming Moe at USF) what can they do besides the obvious Moomoo milk from Zelda?