Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not to belabor this, but the contract CLEARLY and PLAINLY says that any future new Marvel attractions will require Marvel's approval.

Whenever Marvel has “reasonable” rights for rejection of approval hereunder, the basic criteria to be used by Marvel may include inconsistency with (i) basic story line, (ii) the powers, (iii) basic personality traits, (iv) physical appearance (including clothing or costume), and/or (v) living habitat or environment relating to such character as portrayed in Marvel’s exploitation of such character in comic books or other products for the particular time period being depicted by MCA.

Ya think Disney is going to approve some awesome Avengers ride? They will have reason after reason that it doesn't follow theming or story, which will drive the price higher and higher and stretch the timeline out longer and longer. Yes, Universal can fight any of this but it all goes to arbitration EVENTUALLY and there are many clauses Disney could argue that Universal has not followed to the letter. And if Disney wins that arbitration, Universal loses the license. Ya think Universal wants to chance that?

Marvel Super Hero Island WILL NOT CHANGE without Disney's approval. Period. End of story. Now move on...

It says Marvel's Approval, not Disney's....a small distinction, but an important one.

- - - Updated - - -

Argue for what you KNOW. If you don't KNOW it, then how about you try not to be a Capital A about it? Save that attitude for the Disney boards!

...says the brand new guy. Why don't you try to calm down and be more polite since you just joined and seem to want a lot of attention for your opinions?

Mickey Mouse went decades it seems without any actual cartoons or features outside of the parks, but he was still a most beloved and popular character....I think the same can be said for Mario.

Though, unlike :ears:, Mario's had a buttload of mainline games released over the years, both in 2D and 3D. Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, the New Super Mario Bros. series, Mario 3D Land & World....

On the IOA vs US for Nintendo area .Wherever they build (i doubt they know yet) I would guess it will be a complete area with shops ,restaurants and rides.
Also they expanded Harry Potter to both Parks this has close to the same drawing power .So whichever park this goes in first may not be all they do.

I would lean for toward the Studio's for several reasons .When they built the first Harry Potter it added a lot of money to Disney/Marvels bottom line .
with their cut of ticket sales. I think tickets bought at Studio's and used first at the Studio's do not get split with Disney/Marvel.

I know wherever they build it it will be great .But as I said at the top of this until the higher ups are presented with a plan and they OK it no one even CEO of Comcast knows where it will be going.

I don't think the lines are the problem, more potential loss of house venues.

I posted this on another forum but figured it was worth posting here (if it needs to be moved to the HHN thread, I apologize).

Okay, so if Nintendo goes into Kidzone and the MIB plot we could potentially lose two or three house locations (Sprungs and Parade). Rumors are also flying that there will be a Disaster replacement soon so that potentially takes another house location away. There are also rumors of a Twister replacement but that one may not lose us a house location so much as they would have to reroute the queue location (assuming they want the attraction open for HHN). Worst case scenario, we lose four house locations in the Studios.

Moving over to Islands, there are rumors of an upgrade coming to Marvel that may add a new ride so, depending upon the footprint of said attraction, we cannot absolutely count on the Carnage Warehouse. The Triceratops Encounter trails are supposedly going to hold a JW raptor meet and greet so they might be out as well. The other four locations (Discovery Center, Thunderfalls Terrace, Popeye and Bluto, and Poseidon) are currently 'safe' but in a few years, who knows?

With the dwindling house locations it might become harder to put on the event. Add to that the fact that having the event in two parks may not be profitable enough to justify shutting both parks down for the event.To me this begs the question, at what point does it become more costly to put on HHN than to not?

Personally, my friends and I only visit Universal yearly due to HHN, so not having it would remove our incentive to visit the resort every year. Remove HHN from the equation and you have lost yourself six regular visitors. Does Universal/Comcast know that an audience like this exists? Better yet, do we out of staters represent a large enough segment of their population during Sept/Oct for them to care?

They're not gonna get rid of HHN. They'll figure out ways to get the event to happen. It's too profitable not to.

Also, I don't want to be hard-headed here, but Universal absolutely knows where they're putting Nintendo in Orlando. It's going to be KidZone. It's been in the planning stages for over a year. There is no question about this. Could they do a second Nintendo area in IoA if the first is majorly successful? Sure. But the first one will be in Universal Studios Florida.

They're not gonna get rid of HHN. They'll figure out ways to get the event to happen. It's too profitable not to.

Also, I don't want to be hard-headed here, but Universal absolutely knows where they're putting Nintendo in Orlando. It's going to be KidZone. It's been in the planning stages for over a year. There is no question about this. Could they do a second Nintendo area in IoA if the first is majorly successful? Sure. But the first one will be in Universal Studios Florida.

I know, that was a cut and paste job from a forum where not everyone has accepted that as the location. Sorry, I should have corrected it before bringing it over here.

I am glad to hear that HHN is that profitable. I have always wondered how much of a ROI it is to put on the event yearly.

I know, that was a cut and paste job from a forum where not everyone has accepted that as the location. Sorry, I should have corrected it before bringing it over here.

I am glad to hear that HHN is that profitable. I have always wondered how much of a ROI it is to put on the event yearly.

During the bad times of 2001-2010, HHN more or less kept the resort afloat. It's a HUGE money maker. Now Potter and the normal operations are the leading breadwinners, but HHN is still a huge influx of cash during what is normally considered a slow time.

During the bad times of 2001-2010, HHN more or less kept the resort afloat. It's a HUGE money maker. Now Potter and the normal operations are the leading breadwinners, but HHN is still a huge influx of cash during what is normally considered a slow time.

HHN is making more than it ever has...if anything they will just get more creative with how they do it...

HHN will end the day Disney stops doing Christmas..wont happen

Their hand may finally be forced where dual park would be the best logistical option.

I was thinking either that or make it IOA centric. The problem with the IOA centric idea seems to be finding queue space for people to walk back to the soundstages.

I always kinda figured the MIB plot was earmarked for the 6th resort. With its easy access off Universal Blvd, they could build a Hard Rock sized hotel there and possibly not even bother the sprungs or Parade building. I really don't see Nintendo taking over more than the current Kidzone area, with some smart space usage they could have four distinct mini-lands on the footprints of Fievel, Woody, CG, and Barney.

I always kinda figured the MIB plot was earmarked for the 6th resort. With its easy access off Universal Blvd, they could build a Hard Rock sized hotel there and possibly not even bother the sprungs or Parade building. I really don't see Nintendo taking over more than the current Kidzone area, with some smart space usage they could have four distinct mini-lands on the footprints of Fievel, Woody, CG, and Barney.

I used to be of the same mind and then they announced Nintendo. Now my figuring is that they are going to go big for this IP and find hotel space somewhere else.

The people at Universal are smart, I'm sure they will figure something out for HHN. It's growing to the point where they have seriously consider dual park again anyways.

Could there be any chance of them using all the sound stages in that row? Thinking of the ones that generally aren't used but have stuff going on at the same time. SS 24, TNA SS, etc?
I just don't see how they can do two park HHN with what is there and what the future probably holds. The transition from the studios to IOA is instantly in unusable areas, unless they do one in Posiedon. You have to get all the way from the Suess/HP areas down to JP, TL or maybe MSHI.

Even with that finding places for houses is going to be pretty tough: Visitor Center, Olive, Carnage?, where else do you go? I would say Dudley's queue but it is always wet there.

Here is what I would do.

Pokemon Battle Arena: Special FX show.
Mario Galaxy: based on the Space Fantasy Coaster
Donkey Kong: C/D Ticket dark ride similar to Mr. Toads, utilizing CitH ride system but theme the cars look like Mario Karts.
Legend of Zelda: Dark Ride utilizing this ride system.

arthur1.jpg~original