Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think anyone has even brought it up yet, but like all the mini-games that are embedded inside Mario Party. it would be awesome to see some of those come to life.

Those who don't have kids..and are not into video games....its understandable that you don't grasp how huge this is. Trust me....This is bigger than Harry Potter.

I don't have kids and I'm not a gamer, so I have no idea what kind of stuff this could bring to the parks, but people seem awfully excited about it.

I was thinking either that or make it IOA centric. The problem with the IOA centric idea seems to be finding queue space for people to walk back to the soundstages.

I don't think there is enough room at IOA to do that you have 3 Islands they can't theme for HHN because of contracts .Suess,Harry Potter and Marvel.
The part of IOA that is Closest to the soundstages only the little strip of lost continent can have HHN theme put into it.Port of entry has no room for a House.They may have enough room for a scarezone.

You seem to have somehow missed the many numerous posts in this thread that have discussed how this is not only planned to replace KidZone (which is not speculation but the inside word from those folks who are in the know) but is likely to also expand into the relatively vacant area behind Men in Black, which is considerably larger than Toon Lagoon.

No, no it isn't, as someone already pointed out. Toon is quite a bit larger than that area behind MIB and Simpsons. Have you spent any amount of time back there, other than waiting in line for a house? I have, I am pretty good at determining sizes, and Toon is definitely bigger. Besides, this area is usually used as construction staging, I would hate for us to lose yet another storage area, we don't have enough as it is (Kong took up an area that held all kinds of stuff).

I would hate for us to lose yet another storage area, we don't have enough as it is (Kong took up an area that held all kinds of stuff).

UOR needs to get used to having its storage miles off property. Even WDW, with all their land stores tons of stuff miles away in industrial parks off property. 10 miles east would be my bet for Universal to find 20-60 acres of junk land to stage from and to store stuff on.

Here is what I would do.

Pokemon Battle Arena: Special FX show.
Mario Galaxy: based on the Space Fantasy Coaster
Donkey Kong: C/D Ticket dark ride similar to Mr. Toads, utilizing CitH ride system but theme the cars look like Mario Karts.
Legend of Zelda: Dark Ride utilizing this ride system.

A Pokemon SFX show would be great. Seems the best way to incorporate Pokemon. Maybe like a better Poseidons fury with AA's?
I can already hear the amazing Zelda soundtrack...

UOR needs to get used to having its storage miles off property. Even WDW, with all their land stores tons of stuff miles away in industrial parks off property. 10 miles east would be my bet for Universal to find 20-60 acres of junk land to stage from and to store stuff on.

I've never understood why they don't do that...perhaps money used to be an issue

Speaking of which, isn't all of the HHN off property already?

A Pokemon SFX show would be great. Seems the best way to incorporate Pokemon. Maybe like a better Poseidons fury with AA's?
I can already hear the amazing Zelda soundtrack...

Yes...IOA definitely needs more shows and things to take up time...

Honestly though, we've been told that Pokemon/Nintendo is not coming to IOA haha

YOU SEEM TO HAVE SOMEHOW MISSED the entire rest of my post which mentioned that lot REPEATEDLY.

Perhaps I did, because to be honest, your tone of voice and attitude is so annoying to read that I gave up about a quarter of the way through your megapost.

No, no it isn't, as someone already pointed out. Toon is quite a bit larger than that area behind MIB and Simpsons. Have you spent any amount of time back there, other than waiting in line for a house? I have, I am pretty good at determining sizes, and Toon is definitely bigger. Besides, this area is usually used as construction staging, I would hate for us to lose yet another storage area, we don't have enough as it is (Kong took up an area that held all kinds of stuff).

Can't say I've been back there beyond HHN, but a cursory glance at Google Maps shows that plot is seemingly larger than Toon Lagoon. But that's without even taking KidZone into consideration, you add that, and there is no contest.

Wait a minute, why are we even debating this when we know this isn't going into Toon Lagoon?

I don't have kids and I'm not a gamer, so I have no idea what kind of stuff this could bring to the parks, but people seem awfully excited about it.

That's exactly the way I felt about Harry Potter. I didn't "get" it. Still don't. But obviously its wonderful, and an amazing part of the resort, even if you don't watch the movies. And that's something that everyone can understand. :thumbs:

OK, after reevaluating my blue sky list here we go:

Pokemon Store/Trading Post/M&G

C-Ticket:

Luigi's Mansion: Similar to Monsters Inc. Ride 'n' Go Seek (Omnimover).

Donkey Kong: Similar to Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin.

E-Ticket:

Peach's Castle: TSMM as if Nintendo and Universal Creative combined their creative firepower. 9 Levels. Level 9, Bowser! Lotso Screens will make his appearance for the duration of this attraction.

Epic E-Ticket:

Legend of Zelda: Utilizing the Mack Motorized Suspended Family Coaster ride system. No screens. 30 T1000 AAs. And Universal Creative is all..

anigif_enhanced-26731-1391642930-11.gif

Last edited:
That'd be one hell of a lineup, I'll say that. Would hope that Uni/Nintendo's TSMM would be significantly better than DHS's, though.

But two small dark rides like your first two listed would be awesome compliments to the park