Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Dis has solid sources and are reputable. It is still a rumor and personally I have not heard of this yet.

Universal Orlando Resort – RUMOR: New Nintendo announcement coming very soon
That makes me wonder how HHN lines will work moving forward (even if construction doesn't start this summer), two houses lines go through here. Going to continue this question in the proper (I think) thread: Halloween Horror Nights 27 Speculation | Page 11 | Orlando United Forums

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
A KidZone closing announcement might come soon. I don't buy the idea that any more Super Nintendo World info is coming.

The Switch presentation is tonight followed by a livestream thing tomorrrow morning. Nintendo doesn't want anything to distract from the Switch for a while, including this.

Reactions: Porkchop
A KidZone closing announcement might come soon. I don't buy the idea that any more Super Nintendo World info is coming.

The Switch presentation is tonight followed by a livestream thing tomorrrow morning. Nintendo doesn't want anything to distract from the Switch for a while, including this.
It's two completely different things though. I think it'll be fine.

Reactions: JungleSkip
This isn't a distraction to the switch. If anything it will make people more excited as they will have Nintendo on the brain more. Like here's the switc, but also coming in 2020 SNW where you can bring your favorite characters to life.

Reactions: Mike S
I'd say there's a fair chance in the US this area is more popular than the Switch.

So if they tied to two together they might be able to prop it up. Like a promo where preorders of the Switch are entered in a contest to be VIP guests at the opening of Super Nintendo World.

Is there any news on Japan? If it's really opening in 2019 they have to have started already.

Don't judge japan by American standards for efficiency.

There are fundamental cultural differences that get more people per hour onto Forbidden Journey there than here while the ride system is exactly the same and the US version threw operational money at trying to match. Eventually all parties accepted that the Culture was the real difference and can't be changed.

Reactions: Mike S
I'd say there's a fair chance in the US this area is more popular than the Switch.

So if they tied to two together they might be able to prop it up. Like a promo where preorders of the Switch are entered in a contest to be VIP guests at the opening of Super Nintendo World.
?

It seems like this is being way better received than the Wii U was. If this thing has all of Nintendo's franchises including the main Pokémon games (which I'm sure it will) it's success is in the bag. They would really have to screw up for it to fail. Also, how do you compare sales of a gaming console to a theme park area? By that logic you could compare WWoHP to the movies.

In the zeitgeist the Switch is "mah, maybe it'll be better than the WiiU" while SNW is "zomg, take my money."

They're both very anticipated and hyped.

Anyway, unlikely we'll see anything like this during tonight's event as that's a Japanese stream. A very slim chance it'll be talked about during tomorrow's Treehouse stream and more likely Universal Orlando blog will release a joint announcement and video in the near future.