Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 224 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In a sense, if they were to talk about Universal during the Switch presentation, i could see it as an example of how people can use Nintendo Switch at a place like a theme park.

But, I would think that it makes more sense that they'll have the announcement tomorrow, if it gets announced this early.

Reactions: Mike S
In a sense, if they were to talk about Universal during the Switch presentation, i could see it as an example of how people can use Nintendo Switch at a place like a theme park.

But, I would think that it makes more sense that they'll have the announcement tomorrow, if it gets announced this early.
I wonder if there could be special Switch docks throughout SNW to get special content or some other connectivity.

I. What? That's the anthesis of what they're trying to do here. This isn't a giant Best Buy or GameStop.

Eh.. don't discount the bizarro things thing both holed-up-creatives and Nintendo themselves are willing to do. In an echo chamber it probably sounds like a great way to utilize synergy. (side note:I havent heard that term at disney in forever.. is it finally dead?)

As far as the rumored announcement goes, they haven't even officially named any of the ride attractions for SNW.

If one of their new games lends them a good opportunity to mention an upcoming theme park take on the property, like say Mario Kart for example, well I might maybe could see them mention it at some point this weekend. But then again, they were heavily criticized for muddying the waters on just what the heck a Wii U was several years ago, might be in their best interests to wait just a little bit before going in on Theme Park stuff. Would be awesome if they did say something though!

As far as the rumored announcement goes, they haven't even officially named any of the ride attractions for SNW.

If one of their new games lends them a good opportunity to mention an upcoming theme park take on the property, like say Mario Kart for example, well I might maybe could see them mention it at some point this weekend. But then again, they were heavily criticized for muddying the waters on just what the heck a Wii U was several years ago, might be in their best interests to wait just a little bit before going in on Theme Park stuff. Would be awesome if they did say something though!

I like to believe the concept art for Japan being so popular in the states will be a push for a Yoshi ride here.

Reactions: E.Gadd
Eh.. don't discount the bizarro things thing both holed-up-creatives and Nintendo themselves are willing to do. In an echo chamber it probably sounds like a great way to utilize synergy. (side note:I havent heard that term at disney in forever.. is it finally dead?)

One of the quotes I hear about this project is "If guests wanted screens (attractions or Switch) they would have stayed home." I expect zero in park interactivity. Amiibo? Maybe. Not this.

One of the quotes I hear about this project is "If guests wanted screens (attractions or Switch) they would have stayed home." I expect zero in park interactivity. Amiibo? Maybe. Not this.
I'm talking about maybe being able to download extra content while in the area. They've done it before with Nintendo Zones for the 3DS. Maybe it'll be wireless like that and not use docks at all. It sounds like something they would do.

IMO announcement will have to be soon. Construction needs to start within the year to get it open when they want it open

Yep, this was my train of thought too, on the other hand though they could just start work and not announce anything declaring nothing to see here ;)