Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Oct 3, 2014
Nintendo Partners with Universal Parks & Resorts to Create World’s First-Ever Theme Park Attractions Based on Nintendo’s Beloved Games and Characters

KYOTO, Japan & ORLANDO, Fla. -- Nintendo and Universal Parks & Resorts today announced plans to bring the world of Nintendo to life at Universal theme parks – creating spectacular, dedicated experiences based on Nintendo’s wildly popular games, characters and worlds.

The agreement brings two icons of entertainment together and represents a significant partnership for Nintendo as it expands the reach and popularity of its characters and intellectual property.

Universal theme parks offer incredibly popular, innovative themed family entertainment experiences based on compelling stories and characters – using powerful storytelling and innovative technology. Nintendo has created remarkable and imaginative worlds filled with captivating stories and beloved characters. Now, for the first time, those stories and characters will be brought to life in entirely new ways – only at Universal theme parks.

The immersive experiences will include major attractions at Universal’s theme parks and will feature Nintendo’s most famous characters and games. More details will be announced in the future, as the Nintendo and Universal creative teams work to create specific concepts.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Partners-Universal-Parks-Resorts-Create-World

This could be exciting! Hopefully we see stuff at the Orlando parks (KidZone re-do? Pyro bunker area?), although it would make sense if they started with additions in Japan. Either way, I'm sure the minds of Universal Creative will come up with some awesome attractions.

Last edited:
A Nintendo Land...sounds bad to me. Something about it comes off like a Six Flags gimmick. To me seems like Nintendo has been in the dead bottom of the consle war for years.

I'd love a Mario Kart Race attraction though. With multiple weapons. That's the only thing I could see coming.

I'm shocked at this news, didn't think Universal would actually get something done with Nintendo. Maybe we finally have our KidZone replacement?

A Nintendo Land...sounds bad to me. Something about it comes off like a Six Flags gimmick. To me seems like Nintendo has been in the dead bottom of the consle war for years.

I'd love a Mario Kart Race attraction though. With multiple weapons. That's the only thing I could see coming.

Yeah but what other IPs can you think of that are as world wide known as the Nintendo characters? I think this is perfect fit and something Universal could use to attract families with younger demographics. Besides, you should be pretty confident Universal will go above and beyond anything Six Flags would be doing.

What PlayStation or Xbox characters could Universal bring in that would draw people? The few games that are system exclusive to them are probably too adult orientated for a theme park anyways. The Super Mario brand is one of the few game changing IPs out there that could actually take Universal to another level. Not to mention the possibility for Zelda and Pokémon if they please. Not only is this huge for new attractions, but merchandise wise I'm sure Universal is salivating at the opportunities. I just hope this is our KidZone replacement and isn't going to be a USJ only kind of deal.

This is fantastic news but here's my thoughts, it's going to be a GIGANTIC success in japan no doubt about that. But I do think universal will be pretty reluctant to bring it over here soon. Nintendo isn't doing very well here in the states so they might wait till their next giant success here before doing something this big. If this news happened in the days of the wii then no doubt it would've been first priority but right now it's a good maybe. Expect it to be giant in japan and to have it stay there for a couple years before we get any news, don't think this will happen anytime soon although I'd love it to

So is this like the Avatar announcement Disney made years ago? An announcement that something is happening, but we have nothing to show you or any other reason to make the announcement other than to create HYPE?

Seriously though, i've always thought Nintendo would be a great fit so glad to see this happening and hopefully it makes it's way to Orlando.

So is this like the Avatar announcement Disney made years ago? An announcement that something is happening, but we have nothing to show you or any other reason to make the announcement other than to create HYPE?

Seriously though, i've always thought Nintendo would be a great fit so glad to see this happening and hopefully it makes it's way to Orlando.

To be fair to Universal, Nintendo was the one who announced this. Nothing from Universal yet.

Regardless of how their consoles are performing (and it should be noted that the 3DS has been selling phenomenally globally), this is one of the greatest moves Universal could have made to appeal to both kids and adults. Mario is arguably the most well known video game character in the world, and his iconic image transcends video games themselves. Many adults today grew up playing Mario games on the NES and SNES, and though they may not play games anymore they have children who are both aware and love the games. It's the perfect blend of nostalgia and current relevancy that very few properties outside of Disney owned ones have.

It's also nice to see both parties have moved on from the King Kong/Donkey Kong debacle LOL

Last edited:
Bigger News Than Yesterday.
Literally Universal is on another level!

Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gamecube
DS
Wii
Wii U

With that many consoles, they have reached out to over a 2 billion plus people. Not only that it's the one console to be "A Family Brand" like you guys are always nit picking about so that is a good move. I am 24 and I still play my gameboy. It's never leaving. Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi? Timeless. Basically the animated Harry Potter is on board now!

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the just announced a deal, attractions are probably a few years out. So this could play into a 3rd gate.
Seriously hope not. Make both parks full first.

Last edited:
Well both parks are fuller than pretty much all of Disneys parks (excluding MK) combined, it's just some of the content inside that needs work and even then it's not so bad where it needs to go immediately....well maybe kidzone but I digress. We are at a point now where a third park is pretty damn plausible

When I was at the park yesterday I heard two people who were dressed up who worked at universal talking about Donkey Kong. I brushed it off and just assumed it was a normal conversation. I cant believe this is what they were talking about! So crazy

Here for an 8-bit Universal logo shirt, please.

But honestly, this is major. Definitely sounds like something much likelier to happen at USJ before UOR but the possibilities are endless. I'm with everyone else: Mario Kart: the Ride PLEASE.