Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

I feel the Vekoma family invert is rumored/theorized for every single family land/ride Universal could go with. The Pokemon rumor from Park Stop’s (@Alicia) last video is new to me, and I hope they finally do it so we can either get more of them or just stop theorizing about it hahahaha I feel so many rides get the Vekoma rumor
It’s the Mack Inverted Powered Coaster, for Universal rumors, same as the Pteranodon Flyer ride in Beijing.

Yeeeeah, I'm in the boat that thinks even Zelda is wishful thinking

I'm the same. Before they start dedicating large amounts of space to Zelda or any lower level Nintendo IP, they have to look at the realities. They don't own those properties. They have to do some sort of revenue sharing or payment with Nintendo on those. So they have to be confident that the land would do so much better financially than a property they own fully that the extra income offsets the Nintendo costs. At some point, it costs them money to put in a Zelda or AC land over a KFP or Minion land.

I'm the same. Before they start dedicating large amounts of space to Zelda or any lower level Nintendo IP, they have to look at the realities. They don't own those properties. They have to do some sort of revenue sharing or payment with Nintendo on those. So they have to be confident that the land would do so much better financially than a property they own fully that the extra income offsets the Nintendo costs. At some point, it costs them money to put in a Zelda or AC land over a KFP or Minion land.
If Universal was a democracy and we got to vote on what we wanted (dear God what a nightmare scenario)

I would vote for SNW and DK in EU
Pokemon in Kidzone
Kirby mini land in the space between Marvel and TL

KFP takes over LC

I feel it’s used for HHN but I honestly do not know the logistics but I know people here do, that gigantic space in USF, corner of the park behind MIB and Simpsons, near HRH, is that like, available eventually? That’s a game changer if true. I think Zelda in that park would actually be nice and add some variety to it but I get that it’s not really in theme. I feel KFP fits IOA and it’s needs so perfectly for LC but I’m not too sure where else Zelda would go, as it’s far too close to HTTYD imo, and also shouldn’t be in same park as LOTR/Hobbit. I’d say best case scenario?

SNW as planned to EU

Pokemon and Zelda takeover USF

LOTR takes over TL, and KFP takes over LC, Mythos stays lol.

I think if you have LOTR, Marvel, Jurassic, and Potter in the same park you don’t need Nintendo, it’d add nice variety actually. But, I get wanting it in all 3 parks.

I'm still not sure if Kung Fu Panda is all that. Still waiting for a Beijing POV.
Whether it is or isn’t, it doesn’t seem bad so far, and IOA needs indoor tbings. This checks all the boxes for LC replacement because if I’m Universal I wouldn’t want to lose Mythos and I think the space allows it to not be removed, but I could be wrong.

I adore Mythos' appearance, I've walked past it and chilled near the waterfront next to it hundreds of times, but I've never actually eaten there. I'll have to try it next time I visit. If it ever gets replaced, I guess all I can say is that I hope the new building is as striking as the current one. LotR and Zelda both have spaces that could fit the bill, I guess.

Last edited:
I adore Mythos' appearance, I've walked past it and chilled near the waterfront next to it hundreds of times, but I've never actually eaten there. I'll have to try it next time I visit. If it ever gets replaced, I guess all I can say is that the new building is as striking as the current one. LotR and Zelda both have spaces that could fit the bill, I guess.
Mythos again won the Theme Park Innsider best Theme Park worldwide Restaurant in today's awards. That's many multiple wins. Great ambiance and the food is very good at a reasonable price, thus good value.