Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

To give some thoughts on Zelda: This week will be the anniversary of the global release of The Legend of Zelda [NES], marking the 35th anniversary of the series. And typically, they celebrate their midway point between the decade for a celebration more than a 10', a 20' or a '30. I think we'll see the last twelve minutes being entirely Zelda oriented.

Now, what do I think will be present for it?
  • Windwaker/Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword HD Collection ($70.00)
  • Age of Calamity DLC
  • Trailer for BoTW2, Late 2021 window.
Totally forget Age of Calamity could get DLC...dropped like tomorrow

As for a Collection. I could see similar to mario one easy one...so Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (maybe another easy one to port) for 60 and then Skyward Sword in enhanced for HD and with new controls (this one also 60 but on its own)

I also think BOTW 2 will be tied to the Switch Pro so maybe late this year...but most likely early next year because of Covid.

As for a Collection. I could see similar to mario one easy one...so Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (maybe another easy one to port) for 60 and then Skyward Sword in enhanced for HD and with new controls (this one also 60 but on its own)

I also think BOTW 2 will be tied to the Switch Pro so maybe late this year...but most likely early next year because of Covid.

See--I'm willing to bet we'll see Skyward Sword, Windwaker, and Twilight Princess all bundled. It could easily be a 70 dollar title; as that's a *lot* of content. Much more than Mario 3D All Stars.

To give some thoughts on Zelda: This week will be the anniversary of the global release of The Legend of Zelda [NES], marking the 35th anniversary of the series. And typically, they celebrate their midway point between the decade for a celebration more than a 10', a 20' or a '30. I think we'll see the last twelve minutes being entirely Zelda oriented.

• Age of Calamity DLC
Metroid also turns 35...

*sigh* I can dream.

Ocarina and Majora 3D could also be upscaled as a collection.

Last edited:

• Age of Calamity DLC

I can see Skyward Sword being its own title, with the collection being Majora's Mask and the rest you've mentioned (or OoT). I think the collection matters too much to Nintendo to not have the iconic games that established what Zelda is now.

I've been calling a Skyward Sword in HD with new controls for year, it just makes sense the biggest two complaints (outside the slow start and handholding) are why is this not in HD and the controls.

I hope Wind Waker comes out later this year maybe they don't want to talk about it yet because they want Skyward sword to sell better than people holding out for WW.

Mario Golf and Splatoon 3 look great..but really this was a lot of nothing for 50 mins.

Never played Skyward Sword, so I'm happy to have the chance to do so. And I'm very happy about Splatoon 3! Still not sure if I want to get P5 Strikers on PC or Switch, though...

It's not the best direct by a long shot, but I am certainly glad about it and I can't wait to see what Skyward Sword does on the Switch.

Splatoon 3 being a 2022 game..somewhat shocks me. I dunno if it's because of Splatfest or COVID, but something must've delayed it. That would mean the major holiday title this year might just be Pokemon. Especially if we aren't getting BoTW2 until next year.

It's not the best direct by a long shot, but I am certainly glad about it and I can't wait to see what Skyward Sword does on the Switch.

Splatoon 3 being a 2022 game..somewhat shocks me. I dunno if it's because of Splatfest or COVID, but something must've delayed it. That would mean the major holiday title this year might just be Pokemon. Especially if we aren't getting BoTW2 until next year.
When Aonuma said “I hope all of you who played BotW will play this” I couldn’t help but think “yeah, 20 million sales and counting vs. about 3 million.”

With all this hindsight I won’t be going to this game after playing BotW. I hear the story was good and in the time since release I’ve seen it so I’m good:up:

When Aonuma said “I hope all of you who played BotW will play this” I couldn’t help but think “yeah, 20 million sales and counting vs. about 3 million.”

With all this hindsight I won’t be going to this game after playing BotW. I hear the story was good and in the time since release I’ve seen it so I’m good:up:

Skyward Sword is going to make bonkers bank, if any of the previous Switch Zelda releases have shown any indication. Especially if it's the only Zelda game of the year (Which, I hope to god it isn't. But I won't be surprised if BoTW2 is being saved for March of 2022).

I told my friend this...I was like Skyward Sword did not make the money Nintendo wanted...this release is for them to finally make the profit they wanted on the title and they spent nearly nothing on it.

I thought they were lazy with the Twilight Princess upgrades...but my god I guess we won't see remakes like Wind Waker ever again. That game looked "current gen" when it was on Wii U.
I know Nintendo isn't in to graphics but when modders can make your game look better with NO team you might need to get a better port team.

Skyward sword is probably the least memorable 3D Zelda in the series. The motion controls weren’t really the issue. The game itself was rather boring. I’ll be passing on the remake personally.

Skyward sword is probably the least memorable 3D Zelda in the series. The motion controls weren’t really the issue. The game itself was rather boring. I’ll be passing on the remake personally.

I’d disagree a lot. I thought the game had beautiful music, locations, and an engaging story. I love pretty much all the Zelda games (TP is probably my least fave of 3D Zelda), and thought it was still a great entry. The motion controls were just never precise enough, which seems like that is finally fixed. Going to rebuy it for sure.

I’d disagree a lot. I thought the game had beautiful music, locations, and an engaging story. I love pretty much all the Zelda games (TP is probably my least fave of 3D Zelda), and thought it was still a great entry. The motion controls were just never precise enough, which seems like that is finally fixed. Going to rebuy it for sure.

I'm not sure why TP doesn't get more love. I actually enjoyed it more than Wind Waker...

Listen it's not a "bad" game by any means, but when I think back on all the Zelda games, Skyward Sword was easily the least memorable. The lack of real overworld always bugged me.

I'm not sure why TP doesn't get more love. I actually enjoyed it more than Wind Waker...

Listen it's not a "bad" game by any means, but when I think back on all the Zelda games, Skyward Sword was easily the least memorable. The lack of real overworld always bugged me.
To me Wind Waker is the perfect length of a game because it leaves you wanting more...but its over in under ten hours or something.

Wind Waker just works as a game and TP is good...but has some very slow parts to the game and story telling is done in an old school way they needed to be updated by Wii titles but Nintendo is slow to make changes.

I'm hoping i like Skyward sword this go around because I hear some of the levels are amazing but man...the start of the game sucks. Like OOT has the best start because within an hour you are in the main plot....the TW and SS both drag there feet like you've never heard this tale before...we get it bad guy bad and powerful...link and zelda stop him we don't need a more than 30 mins to set this up.

Lil belated, but some quick thoughts on the direct.

This one definitely seemed to be in the love it or hate it category, not much middle of the road feelings. For me it was bogged down by a good chunk of the games having already been out for a while and/or already announced earlier. An the stuff that was new is very "Your mileage may vary", with a serious dud in the mix.

For me the positives were Mario Golf Super Rush (nice to see them picking that back up) and Project Triangle Strategy since that was giving me big Final Fantasy Tactics vibes. An the most intriguing new game in the lineup was hands-down Neon White. This looks well up my alley, and I'm totally digging both the aesthetics and the music on that one.

Now as for that serious dud, that went to Knockout City since what the -heck- was that trailer? It's definitely bad marketing 101 when the concept of the trailer is far more interesting than what it's trying to sell. Looking at various reactions and comments, everyone is saying that the idea of bringing in multiple characters from different genres (CoD, MMO, Classic Platformer etc.) sounded more fun than what looks like "Fortnite Dodgeball".

Finally for Splatoon 3, I felt that announcement came way too early. Would've been better off announcing in the Summer/Fall since like with a good chunk of the games in the direct, not much info was put out.

Now as for that serious dud, that went to Knockout City since what the -heck- was that trailer? It's definitely bad marketing 101 when the concept of the trailer is far more interesting than what it's trying to sell. Looking at various reactions and comments, everyone is saying that the idea of bringing in multiple characters from different genres (CoD, MMO, Classic Platformer etc.) sounded more fun than what looks like "Fortnite Dodgeball".
Yes. So much yes.

I’d also give a mention to DC superhero girls.