Nintendo Switch | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s both extremely fitting that Yoshi is an invincible character for the young ones and a bit disappointing that I won’t be able to play as him myself without feeling like I’m cheating. I was going to main Luigi anyway like always but still lol.

Mario Wonder looks great

And it has REAL online, thank you god finally
Weird how even with friends they’re not really there though like how it is in local. Doesn’t affect me since I’m going solo but I still thought that was weird.

Also loving how the vine badge basically makes you Spider-Man lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
Still not real online. It is insane how far behind Nintendo is with this stuff. The idea is cute, but reminds me way too much of a similar idea in Pokemon Sword and Shield and frankly I just imagine it being buggy and laggy in practice. It just feels like an in-between cause they couldn't figure out how to make the online work for Maker 2.

Game looks great though and I'm very excited for it! Excited to see all of these new characters and enemies join the canon and be included in Mario Kart, Party, Sports, RPGs, Smash Bros, etc. Lots of very creative ideas and fun implementations that I can't wait to see built upon across the whole franchise.

Still not real online. It is insane how far behind Nintendo is with this stuff. The idea is cute, but reminds me way too much of a similar idea in Pokemon Sword and Shield and frankly I just imagine it being buggy and laggy in practice. It just feels like an in-between cause they couldn't figure out how to make the online work for Maker 2.

Game looks great though and I'm very excited for it! Excited to see all of these new characters and enemies join the canon and be included in Mario Kart, Party, Sports, RPGs, Smash Bros, etc. Lots of very creative ideas and fun implementations that I can't wait to see built upon across the whole franchise.
I found it weird because the port of 3D World has actual online.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
The idea is cute, but reminds me way too much of a similar idea in Pokemon Sword and Shield and frankly I just imagine it being buggy and laggy in practice.
I imagine it will run fine. If anything this ensures it will run decently even if frames are dropped, so performance shouldn't be effected. Pokémon's problems were largely due to that game's overall instability.

Crazy to think this is the potential "Final" Direct of the regular norm of a primary Switch focus.

Predictions wise:
  • Fire Emblem 4 Remake - with how fast Fire Emblem Engage came and went, I think it might be time to talk about Echoes.
  • Princess Peach Showtime - Feels like the kind of game that should be an Early 2024 title, fitting into a spot that Kirby sat in.
  • No Metroid - think Metroid Prime 4 won't be talked about until when they address it for cross-platform. I also think it's too early for Prime 2+3HD.
  • Level-5 Games - With TGS next week, it feels time to have DECA-POLICE present and ready.
  • Donkey Kong Country @ USJ - ...wha? Yeah, no. I think Donkey Kong Country for Universal Studios Japan is gonna be brought up. I think they're gonna bite the bullet, as it should be near opening.

More on Peaches and Luigi Mansion Remake

I could see a FE remake coming, it's too soon for a new game but could see some sort of a remake

Maybe Metriod Prime 2 remake

Reactions: Mike S
I’ve yet to play Thousand Year Door so I guess this is my perfect opportunity. I only played the first one back on Wii Virtual Console.

Mario Vs Donkey....YESSS so much yes, I loved these games back on my DS/3DS
Peaches game looks fun
Luigi Mansion having online is great news
Sora Amiibo
F-Zero 99, looks insane, lol
Wario Ware Move it, looks fun if you have people to play with
Mario Kart DLC looks good and think the 3 of the 4 new characters are great choices and should have been in the base game
Paper Mario 2......fully remade. OMG, i'm so happy and we have Super Mario RPG coming soon.....what a time to be a Nintendo fan

Reactions: Mike S
Mario Vs Donkey....YESSS so much yes, I loved these games back on my DS/3DS
Peaches game looks fun
Luigi Mansion having online is great news
Sora Amiibo
F-Zero 99, looks insane, lol
Wario Ware Move it, looks fun if you have people to play with
Mario Kart DLC looks good and think the 3 of the 4 new characters are great choices and should have been in the base game
Paper Mario 2......fully remade. OMG, i'm so happy and we have Super Mario RPG coming soon.....what a time to be a Nintendo fan
Princess Peach Showtime looks better than I was expecting even though I probably still won’t get it. Luigi’s Mansion 2 retaining its online that it had on 3DS isn’t as surprising to me as the name swap from Dark Moon (at least in the US) but I guess they wanted to make it absolutely clear that this is the second game remade and not a sequel to 3 (again, for the US).

Also, that Pyoro guy on Twitter was 100% spot on with his leaks. I forget who said it but earlier this year Thousand Year Door was also rumored.

Lastly, 2024 is definitely one of the Switch’s last hurrahs. The lineup is looking very much like what 2017/18 was for the 3DS.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Princess Peach Showtime looks better than I was expecting even though I probably still won’t get it. Luigi’s Mansion 2 retaining its online that it had on 3DS isn’t as surprising to me as the name swap from Dark Moon (at least in the US) but I guess they wanted to make it absolutely clear that this is the second game remade and not a sequel to 3 (again, for the US).

Also, that Pyoro guy on Twitter was 100% spot on with his leaks. I forget who said it but earlier this year Thousand Year Door was also rumored.

Lastly, 2024 is definitely one of the Switch’s last hurrahs. The lineup is looking very much like what 2017/18 was for the 3DS.
Yeah

I'm kinda confused on Switch 2 timeline, not that Paper Mario 2 won't be playable on both but....I don't know this direct doesn't feel like the end really. I see a ton of games I still want for the system

Yeah

I'm kinda confused on Switch 2 timeline, not that Paper Mario 2 won't be playable on both but....I don't know this direct doesn't feel like the end really. I see a ton of games I still want for the system
The end of the 3DS was a bunch of remakes and ports from Nintendo. Aside from the Peach game, that’s all we have for 2024 so far.

The end of the 3DS was a bunch of remakes and ports from Nintendo. Aside from the Peach game, that’s all we have for 2024 so far.
We just had Pikmin 3

We have Mario Wonder, Wario Ware and then Peaches game and more DLC for Splatoon. For an end of a console it's to me really a great way to end it. Compared to the PS4 and PS5 feels like a very different transition and not in a bad way.

We just had Pikmin 3

We have Mario Wonder, Wario Ware and then Peaches game and more DLC for Splatoon. For an end of a console it's to me really a great way to end it. Compared to the PS4 and PS5 feels like a very different transition and not in a bad way.
The 3DS also had Wario Ware in its last two years. Mario Wonder, by their own admission, had no deadline which is why it’s coming out so late in the lifespan. The Peach game while new isn’t a huge title let’s be honest. Add in all the rumors coming out now for Switch 2 coming next year and it’s easy to see that while plenty seems to be coming out it’s clear that all the next big titles beyond what we already know about will be for the Switch 2. The only reason why the release schedule doesn’t seem so dry as other Nintendo consoles were towards the end is because the Switch is just one platform for Nintendo to support rather than having to juggle console and handheld.

Last edited:
The 3DS also had Wario Ware in its last two years. Mario Wonder, by their own admission, had no deadline which is why it’s coming out so late in the lifespan. The Peach game while new isn’t a huge title let’s be honest. Add in all the rumors coming out now for Switch 2 coming next year and it’s easy to see that while plenty seems to be coming out it’s clear that all the next big titles beyond what we already know about will be for the Switch 2. The only reason why the release schedule doesn’t seem so dry as other Nintendo consoles were towards the end is because the Switch is just one platform for Nintendo to support rather than having to juggle console and handheld.
I'm mainly complimenting them

I'm saying compared to even other consoles, in no way does this really feel like the end. Which is great. They are playing it smart and keeping the ball rolling and as long as Switch 2 can play Switch games they have it in the bag.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mike S
I'm mainly complimenting them

I'm saying compared to even other consoles, in no way does this really feel like the end. Which is great. They are playing it smart and keeping the ball rolling and as long as Switch 2 can play Switch games they have it in the bag.
My prediction is that 2025 will likely be the last year for any real Switch support from Nintendo themselves and it’ll be less than 2024 will be. Maybe more enhanced 3DS games like Luigi’s Mansion, maybe more GameCube games, etc.

If Nintendo were reeeeeally smart Switch 2 will have backwards compatibility so everyone jumping to the new console could still play these last releases. After seeing how Metroid Dread sold there’s no doubt in my mind that the late 3DS release of Samus Returns could’ve really benefitted from also having a Switch version. As we see now it’s still not too late for that. Pretty sure I’ve said this before but I’d also want Switch ports for the 3DS remakes of Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask.

My prediction is that 2025 will likely be the last year for any real Switch support from Nintendo themselves and it’ll be less than 2024 will be. Maybe more enhanced 3DS games like Luigi’s Mansion, maybe more GameCube games, etc.

If Nintendo were reeeeeally smart Switch 2 will have backwards compatibility so everyone jumping to the new console could still play these last releases. After seeing how Metroid Dread sold there’s no doubt in my mind that the late 3DS release of Samus Returns could’ve really benefitted from also having a Switch version. As we see now it’s still not too late for that. Pretty sure I’ve said this before but I’d also want Switch ports for the 3DS remakes of Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask.
Samus Returns would be very welcome

Nintendo wont but.....Zelda OOT deserves another remake...while not in 4K in this kinda remake that makes OOT feel epic again would be what I'd want.