Nintendo Switch | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Samus Returns would be very welcome

Nintendo wont but.....Zelda OOT deserves another remake...while not in 4K in this kinda remake that makes OOT feel epic again would be what I'd want.

That’s way too much for me. The 3DS remake nailed it imo by having the graphics look like a direct translation of the games original art. All they need to do is take that work and make the improvements necessary for high definition. Then add some other effects that are made possible by the new hardware and redo any aspects of the models that are still a bit outdated.

628b363267b86.jpg

This would look more than fine just being updated. It doesn’t need to be photorealistic.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
It amazes me how ahead of their time Nintendo was in the past. That Donkey Kong vs Mario game looks exactly like a reimagined Gyromite, which was one of the first packaged games that shipped with the NES.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Probably the most believable scenario there is for the Switch 2 to be close in power to the 9th gen consoles.

I think this amount of power is perfect especially considering how Microsoft pushes that any games made for the Series X have to also work on Series S. I know they made an exception for Baldur’s Gate 3 but that was just for couch co-op that the developer had a hard time getting to work on the S so they’re letting the game come without that one feature.

One thing I’d like to see is that if we get backwards compatibility we can see performance updates. One thing that would probably be very easy to implement is making it so original Switch games no longer downgrade for handheld mode since the Switch 2 would probably be more than capable of running them at their full potential. Bumping the resolution and FPS like what’s done with backwards compatible Xbox games also wouldn’t hurt. This next one is a long shot because there’s money to be made in full re-releases but I wouldn’t mind an option to pay a small fee for an update that brings games like DOOM 2016 and DOOM Eternal up to par with the other console versions.

Dam

If the Switch 2 is bascially an Xbox S but you can play anywhere then online will be the last demon they need to conquer to really be hitting on all fronts
Not quite. In docked mode it’s close to the S but that’s with the help of the DLSS tech. In handheld it would be comparable to the ROG Ally which I’m guessing is weaker. I’m not really tech savvy but I’m guessing it’s still good lol.

I hope this one isn’t true because I’ve grown fond of the idea that the games restart in 2019 could’ve put it in line as a launch title for the Switch 2 that also acted as a kind of showcase of its potential :confused:

Apparently it could be summer next year.
I’ll be happy just getting Prime 2 & 3 on the OG in the meantime.

Not quite. In docked mode it’s close to the S but that’s with the help of the DLSS tech. In handheld it would be comparable to the ROG Ally which I’m guessing is weaker. I’m not really tech savvy but I’m guessing it’s still good lol.
Steam deck is the switch 2 lmao. But really, it would have to be priced around the same as the steam deck to do well….

Steam deck is the switch 2 lmao. But really, it would have to be priced around the same as the steam deck to do well….
I don’t think $400 would be impossible and I also highly doubt Nintendo would go higher than that. Heck, I’d be surprised if it matched $400 exactly. Seems expensive for the family market they go for.

Also I don’t think Switch really competes with Steam Deck the same way past Nintendo handhelds competed with their contemporaries. All these new PC handhelds are for exactly that: the consumer that already plays on PC. Are these even sold in conventional stores?

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I don’t think $400 would be impossible and I also highly doubt Nintendo would go higher than that. Heck, I’d be surprised if it matched $400 exactly. Seems expensive for the family market they go for.

Also I don’t think Switch really competes with Steam Deck the same way past Nintendo handhelds competed with their contemporaries. All these new PC handhelds are for exactly that: the consumer that already plays on PC. Are these even sold in conventional stores?
Actually it’s mostly for people who don’t have a PC. It gives you access to PC gaming like mods, community fixes, even games. It’s also super user friendly like a regular console. Steam decks are not sold in stores (based on my knowledge) but that does not mean people don’t know about it. I found myself using my steam deck more than my PC just based on how well the games run and how fun it is to play gta 4,5 with mods at work. Anyway, Nintendo sale games now not consoles. I doubt the console will be the selling point to this next generation, the games will sell whatever console they release. ( the Wii was like the opposite the console sold the games came later)

Actually it’s mostly for people who don’t have a PC. It gives you access to PC gaming like mods, community fixes, even games. It’s also super user friendly like a regular console. Steam decks are not sold in stores (based on my knowledge) but that does not mean people don’t know about it. I found myself using my steam deck more than my PC just based on how well the games run and how fun it is to play gta 4,5 with mods at work. Anyway, Nintendo sale games now not consoles. I doubt the console will be the selling point to this next generation, the games will sell whatever console they release. ( the Wii was like the opposite the console sold the games came later)
What I meant was I’m sure family purchases for kids mostly happen in stores (at least I think) not that no one knows about them so Nintendo still has that. Games have always sold hardware which is why the Wii U didn’t and the PS3 struggled at first. You can argue that early on Wii Sports sold the Wii.

If Nintendo doesn’t do anything stupid the idea of “Switch 2” could still be a bit of a selling point though considering how successful the first one was just like how the PS5 has been really successful even though we’re only now starting to see a good number of games no longer be made for PS4.

Reactions: KlownzNskullZ
I hope this one isn’t true because I’ve grown fond of the idea that the games restart in 2019 could’ve put it in line as a launch title for the Switch 2 that also acted as a kind of showcase of its potential :confused:

Apparently it could be summer next year.
I’ll be happy just getting Prime 2 & 3 on the OG in the meantime.
I would take this with a large grain of salt. Zippo, the "leaker" quoted in this article, has a very shaky reputation at best.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mike S
What I meant was I’m sure family purchases for kids mostly happen in stores (at least I think) not that no one knows about them so Nintendo still has that. Games have always sold hardware which is why the Wii U didn’t and the PS3 struggled at first. You can argue that early on Wii Sports sold the Wii.

If Nintendo doesn’t do anything stupid the idea of “Switch 2” could still be a bit of a selling point though considering how successful the first one was just like how the PS5 has been really successful even though we’re only now starting to see a good number of games no longer be made for PS4.
the amount of switches I sold when I used to work at target was ridiculous, especially when the pandemic hit, so I could see people wanting a beefed up version of that. Switch’s main drawback was the lack of 3rd party AAA games IMO (that weren’t massacred like MK1)

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mike S
the amount of switches I sold when I used to work at target was ridiculous, especially when the pandemic hit, so I could see people wanting a beefed up version of that. Switch’s main drawback was the lack of 3rd party AAA games IMO (that weren’t massacred like MK1)
MK1 seems to be an extreme example. At least from what I’ve seen most people accept the drawbacks in games like Witcher and the DOOM duology and plenty of others because it’s obvious a lot of work was put in to make then run well and they didn’t come off as lazy.
I would take this with a large grain of salt. Zippo, the "leaker" quoted in this article, has a very shaky reputation at best.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

400 bucks is a lot for many but also the Switch is still alive

It's not like it's not getting a ton of games in the next 12 months plus indies and third party stuff will come to both but....it's time for a new system.

I'm not rich, but I follow this and Im saving money now so I can get it whenever it comes out. So while sure under 400 would be nice, it it has good games and seems to be more powerful then I'm ready for this day one

Reactions: Mike S
Zippo is not exactly a source I’d trust. He has a lot of misfires, a lot.

Gonna bank on Prime 4 launching day/date with SuperSwitch as the BoTW title.
I think no matter what we at least see it next year.

As far as launch titles, what if Mario Kart 9 also came at launch? It’s certainly been long enough and I can’t imagine upgrading tracks from Tour for the Booster Pass took up ALL of the Mario Kart teams time since 8 Deluxe. You’d have Prime 4 as hype fuel for the core fan base and then a sequel to one of the best selling games of all time.

Reactions: mccgavin