Nope Studio Tour Attraction | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Nope Studio Tour Attraction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm honestly surprised they didn't incorporate a dust storm or a flying horse similar to twister XD Especially since both reoccur in the film

If I'm not mistaken, Twister was only able to pull off the funnel cloud because of the controlled indoor environment. I doubt it would work outdoors.

Reactions: Tobias
Saw it last night, the sets are wonderful.

But I do think they need to add something besides the current lights and sounds.....like it doesnt have to be physical props...but something

But a fine addition to the tram

Got to see the movie this week, then came back here to see the video of the tour. On video it seems really cool, I mean the authentic sets are great in their own right but the little effects are a great tie-in to the movie, subtle as they may be.

I remember like 5 years ago I got pulled into a meeting where some top brass told us about the “symphony” push at NBC…my coworkers and I all thought it was a kitschy way of saying synergy and that we were about 10 years behind the curve. Fast forward to now and it really is impressive to see how the parks are integrating the movies, the morning shows are promoting new attractions, etc. And it comes off as genuine coming from the studio-themed parks.

The video with Jordan Peele played on my tour today. But I was in the front car which shows pretty much the Star Lasso Experience only. I was in the back row of one of the older trams, so the loud engine partly drowned out the audio.
Nighttime, electric tram, cars 2-4 much better experience

The video with Jordan Peele played on my tour today. But I was in the front car which shows pretty much the Star Lasso Experience only. I was in the back row of one of the older trams, so the loud engine partly drowned out the audio.
This is the type of info I come here for!

Car 1 is the worst experience on an older tram and even a bea location on the green trams for most stuff. I like back row of car 3.

Finally got to see this in person. It is a disappointment but I guess an addition. Sound and light effects were good but there was nothing there. I noticed (maybe just this tram) didn't stop at the plane crash site but just briefly mentioned it before going on to NOPE. Seems like they are shortening a unique experience for this.

Finally saw the movie. My son and I didn't really like it, but at least this part of the tour makes sense now and we can understand all the references from the set pieces. Still a pretty weak part of the tour. Especially if you haven't seen the movie. If you can, catch a nighttime tour. It's definitely much creepier and eerier at night.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I think the set and intro for Nope are great. We were in the last car and I thought the sound effects were impressive. However, it falls flat right after Jordan Peele says welcome to world of Nope. After going through Earthquake, flash flood, and Kong you're expecting something to happen. An improvement idea would be to add an actor or two, a small dust storm (not directly near the tram of course), and a shadow slowly creeping over the area (not quite sure how you do that, but a great effect if they could pull it off).

With rumors of this area going to be used for future attractions. I sadly think this will never get updated as it should be
Honestly I'm glad, I wish they would swap out some of the Studio Tour attractions to regularly promote their current films. For being such a major part of USH, a lot of the stops on the tram tour are cool but the movies they're tied to are old old old.

Honestly I'm glad, I wish they would swap out some of the Studio Tour attractions to regularly promote their current films. For being such a major part of USH, a lot of the stops on the tram tour are cool but the movies they're tied to are old old old.
It wont happen but instead of destroying these old sets that will be in the way of new rides/lands. It would be cool if they were on the side of pathway as you walked to the new lands as a tribute to the films of the past.

I'll be interested in how they redo the Tram because they do have little area's that could be redone. We have the old FF dancing car area, the collapsing bridge, the little area in front of the bates motel that has cars just thrown there and the area/hill beyond the bates motel that could be used for a mini tram attraction

So it will be interesting to see if this set is used in anyway in a few years and I hope it is.

With rumors of this area going to be used for future attractions. I sadly think this will never get updated as it should be

Although I think it’s likely FF is on the chopping block, I’m a bit more doubtful about Nope. How strong of a rumor is it regarding Nope’s removal (I have no idea and am honestly curious)? Seems like Nope could not only be a great tram stop (after adding some visual effects), but it’s easy to utilize for HHN as well. Or are you referring to rumor about completely changing the tram route and re-doing that entire section of the tram tour (if so, I'm also wondering how strong of a possibility that is as well)?
Ideally, it would be great if they themed the whole Nope, Bates motel, psycho house, WOTW (toss mummy in there too) area into one big horror/sci-fi area (bump it up a notch with more effects and remove FF). Additionally, the area could highlight any upcoming/current universal sci-fi / horror films.

Although I think it’s likely FF is on the chopping block, I’m a bit more doubtful about Nope. How strong of a rumor is it regarding Nope’s removal (I have no idea and am honestly curious)? Seems like Nope could not only be a great tram stop (after adding some visual effects), but it’s easy to utilize for HHN as well. Or are you referring to rumor about completely changing the tram route and re-doing that entire section of the tram tour (if so, I'm also wondering how strong of a possibility that is as well)?
Ideally, it would be great if they themed the whole Nope, Bates motel, psycho house, WOTW (toss mummy in there too) area into one big horror/sci-fi area (bump it up a notch with more effects and remove FF). Additionally, the area could highlight any upcoming/current universal sci-fi / horror films.
once again nope zero merch and it hasn’t been a year yet
Could be wrong but with the crowds the way they are USH has little choice unless they don’t want to make even more money in the coming years because Nope isn’t bringing too many people in sadly, it’s not even a VIP tram spot anymore according to people on here

Based on all current indications, Universal appears to be interested in maintaining a good relationship with Jordan Peele (isn't his monkeypaw production studio located at USH?). I’m doubtful any park exec would want to visit Mr. Peele's office and say "just wanted to give you a heads up, we're planning to tear down the Nope tram stop…". Mr. Peele wouldn't be pleased (that's given he still approves of the current attraction of course) and I don't think the reporting would be favorable for Universal. I'm not trying to make a case or express desire that Universal keep Nope, what I am saying is that I don't see Nope being removed any time soon.
However, I am hopeful that the area where Nope currently resides is developed into a true sci-fi / horror land.

Based on all current indications, Universal appears to be interested in maintaining a good relationship with Jordan Peele (isn't his monkeypaw production studio located at USH?). I’m doubtful any park exec would want to visit Mr. Peele's office and say "just wanted to give you a heads up, we're planning to tear down the Nope tram stop…". Mr. Peele wouldn't be pleased (that's given he still approves of the current attraction of course) and I don't think the reporting would be favorable for Universal. I'm not trying to make a case or express desire that Universal keep Nope, what I am saying is that I don't see Nope being removed any time soon.
However, I am hopeful that the area where Nope currently resides is developed into a true sci-fi / horror land.
There is room for this over at the hill beyond the Bates Motel for these sets if they really do want to keep them
1678980914809.png

As for Nope, I'm sure Jordan wants to be in the theme parks but man doesn't seem prideful enough to try to not allow USH to become bigger because of an attraction that once again has zero merch and isn't that impressive as a tram attraction

Maybe they could even, I dont know build it inside something next time so they can do some effects on it but from what others have said you dont even walk on it on the VIP tour anymore...so really while its a cool set if it has to go then I'm sure they will find the best way to make it work somewhere else or just get rid.

It is also years away, unless they work on DK land and the second Potter land at the same time we are looking at 3-5 more years of Nope being at USH.