Nope Studio Tour Attraction | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Nope Studio Tour Attraction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My friend is at the park & already did the Studio Tour. She said to sit on the right side (JAWS side). Also absolutely nothing practical happens, literally just audio. The sets are cool to see, but nothing more.

• Sad
Reactions: Jerroddragon
I feel like Nighttime is when its going to be something....that and if you pay for the VIP tour/hopefully HHN

Just watched a stream of the tour, appears they no longer mention falls lake. Maybe they'll figure out a way to mention it while driving between War of the Worlds and Nope

After seeing the film, it will be very limited what they can do in person....but they probably did this as a token to Mr Peele who said he wanted a theme park attraction to keep his business with Universal.
I mean...I wish then they could have made a deal to make Walking dead maze...into a a new maze for Peele's first three films....feel like that would have been very cool as well

Just watched a stream of the tour, appears they no longer mention falls lake. Maybe they'll figure out a way to mention it while driving between War of the Worlds and Nope
Its day one....once halloween is over they will most likely talk about falls lake more...for now its all about getting people to see NOPE

I'm sure they have a lot of props for US still. A small segment on Get Out and maybe even a smaller one for Nope (since there's not much they can really do), I think would make for a decent maze.
Personally, I'd just love to see a Jordan Peele original. Who knows, maybe that's what we're getting in TWDA this year already.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm sure they have a lot of props for US still. A small segment on Get Out and maybe even a smaller one for Nope (since there's not much they can really do), I think would make for a decent maze.
Personally, I'd just love to see a Jordan Peele original. Who knows, maybe that's what we're getting in TWDA this year already.
I mean, like they can make things up

I rather mazes be the best maze they can make then have to follow the movie story. Like just have them set in those films and im good

I’ve watched other ride-thrus on YouTube today, and it appears they might have scrapped the video for guide narration. With that, or the guides have a choice between the video or narrating the stop themselves.

I saw the movie at Citywalk and then went right to the tram tour... but yeah, as others have mentioned, after you see the movie, you kinda realize there's not much they could've done other than sound design and lighting. Still, the sets are super detailed and cool to see up close. I still enjoyed it, even without any practical effects. Just keep your expectations at viewing a set, not really having an experience.

One thing that struck me as a bit odd is that there was a small tram back up before we got there, but our guide didn't play any sort of NOPE clips, or even the trailer to kill the time. Don't they have the trailer, at least?

I saw the movie at Citywalk and then went right to the tram tour... but yeah, as others have mentioned, after you see the movie, you kinda realize there's not much they could've done other than sound design and lighting. Still, the sets are super detailed and cool to see up close. I still enjoyed it, even without any practical effects. Just keep your expectations at viewing a set, not really having an experience.

One thing that struck me as a bit odd is that there was a small tram back up before we got there, but our guide didn't play any sort of NOPE clips, or even the trailer to kill the time. Don't they have the trailer, at least?

I think the answer to that is NOPE.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't incorporate a dust storm or a flying horse similar to twister XD Especially since both reoccur in the film

I'm honestly surprised they didn't incorporate a dust storm or a flying horse similar to twister XD Especially since both reoccur in the film

I can't imagine blowing a bunch of dust and sand in guest's faces would be very fun (to say nothing of how it could damage the sets over time).

A flying horse effect would've been cool though, haha.

Last edited:
I like that this experience focuses primarily on sound; though there is certainly many sound effects on earthquake and Kong, they're only part of the attraction. Here it is the main focus. I just wish there was time before or after the experience for an overview of sound in film, like the video after Kong

Reactions: Parkscope Joe