Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Official Orlando United Opening Night Meet-up (9/19)

I'm so bummed I couldn't meet up with anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Since when does rain kill things in Orlando? Figured you Florida natives would be used to rain.

When your waiting 90 minutes in the rain for one house and see Express line not even waiting 10 minutes really pisses me off.

80% of HHNs takes place outside. They had no form of shelter from the rain in many of the house lines.

Last edited:
Awesome to see so many turn up last night, the rain was not so awesome.

Bailed out early as was cold, wet, hungry and hungover. Hope to see some of you there tonight, Finnegans for stay and scream anyone?

Great to meet you guys! I didn't connect everyone's names to their username, but my name is Zach and it was nice passing the time in line with you. I'll be in the parks today and stay n scream tonight!

Had a great time it was awesome getting to meet all of you and hang out. Thank you guys for setting it up.

I just wanted to say thank you for such a great turnout. I was shocked to see a crowd that size standing in the rain taking over Duff Gardens. Even with Mother Nature being the supreme bitch she was (Disney Fan I bet) it was very humbling to see at least 65-70 fans at the meet. Throw in members of PJC who also met up at Duff Gardens (Thanks for the shirt SGT623 it's awesome!) and we were probably close to 90+.

Obviously the rain played a huge factor into the meet and many had to leave early because of that. It was awesome to see at one point going through a switch back rounding the corner and coming all the way back and see your party keep going and going. Next year we will also do things differently and have a better plan for the evening as mother nature really destroyed our original plans. Maybe next year we do Express... ;)

Finally I hope I got to meet as many of you as I could while you were there. I tried to bounce around as much as I can while at Duff but I know I missed a few over the course of the night. But hey that just means you have to come to the next one right lol. Again thank you to everyone for the overwhelming turnout and despite the rain I had a blast! And btw I'm open to feedback on what you'd like to see next year or even for any other future meet ups.

I just wanted to say thank you for such a great turnout. I was shocked to see a crowd that size standing in the rain taking over Duff Gardens. Even with Mother Nature being the supreme bitch she was (Disney Fan I bet) it was very humbling to see at least 65-70 fans at the meet. Throw in members of PJC who also met up at Duff Gardens (Thanks for the shirt SGT623 it's awesome!) and we were probably close to 90+.

Obviously the rain played a huge factor into the meet and many had to leave early because of that. It was awesome to see at one point going through a switch back rounding the corner and coming all the way back and see your party keep going and going. Next year we will also do things differently and have a better plan for the evening as mother nature really destroyed our original plans. Maybe next year we do Express... ;)

Finally I hope I got to meet as many of you as I could while you were there. I tried to bounce around as much as I can while at Duff but I know I missed a few over the course of the night. But hey that just means you have to come to the next one right lol. Again thank you to everyone for the overwhelming turnout and despite the rain I had a blast! And btw I'm open to feedback on what you'd like to see next year or even for any other future meet ups.
Since I'll be old enough to attend next year I'd personally like for you guys to do express so we could do everything without worrying. I'd also appreciate it if you guys found a date with great weather next year so the madness that happened last night doesn't come back (could be opening weekend or not). But glad you all had fun, I'll post a picture of my outfit later on the when are you going thread so you can spot me tonight!!!

Weather is completely out of their control. Express is a fantastic idea, as I ALWAYS buy my HHN Pass with Express.

Sounds like a decent meet up, all things considered. Hopefully I can meet up with you guys next year!

How the hell can anyone predict or plan an event in FLORIDA and it's weather 3 hours in advance let alone 3 weeks?

The weather sucked sure, but it could've been worse. Everybody who was worried about it wore ponchos or brought umbrellas. Everyone else, including myself, just dealt with it. We got wet, dried off, and got wet again. Still a great time all in all.

The only thing that was an issue was that the plan of attack wasn't well laid out after the Duff brewery meet up. We all hit AVP, but the group got split in line by the express line and then a lot of people didn't know that monsters was the meet up.

Definitely looking forward to doing it again though.

There was a definitely a little bit of confusion after AVP. Luckily for us Brian, Drew, HTF, and the Trackers kept us on target.

Definitely looking forward to the next one, maybe a mini-meetup at the final B&T?

I agree with the plan after AvP thing. If we put the express in stone right now. No excuse to not have the extra money saved. I know most of us will be back for finale weekend. So chances are maybe.

Thank you to everyone that came out! It was hard to keep track of everything. We apologize. For those who stuck around, we hope you guys had a great time!

Of course a big thanks to the Trackers and our pals at ViewFromTheCheapSeats too. Hopefully down the line we can throw some more (and better organized :lol:) events. But again, thanks to everyone that came out!