Old Vs New HHN | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Old Vs New HHN

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It depends on where you draw the line with "expanded offerings". Personally, I feel like there's been a large shift in the last decade. The event went from being a place that sold one event shirt and not much else to a merch machine. It went from 8 houses to 10. It wildly expanded beyond the park gates with offerings. It attempted multiple upcharges. And so on.

2015 - Tribute Store is added (long-term addition)
2016 - Separately ticketed house is added (short-term addition)
2018 - Expands from 8 houses to 10 houses (long-term addition)
2020 - Scarecrow Stalk/Lil Boo Scavenger Hunts added (long-term addition)
2021 - Multiple hotel offerings added (long-term additions), first year to truly theme and expand the food offerings iirc (long-term addition)
2022 - First year to run every single event night until 2 AM (long-term addition), Dead Coconut Club added (long-term addition), All Hallows Eve added (long-term addition)
2023 - Blumhouse Photo Experience added (short-term addition), Taste of Terror added (long-term addition?), Peacock Bar added (long-term addition?), Death Eaters Encounter added (long-term addition?)
2024 - HHN starts in August for the first time ever (long-term addition?), Premium Scream Night offered for the first time ever (long-term addition?)

I'd imagine, like Brian said, that 2025 will bring about the return of the lagoon show as well. The above is definitely missing things and also intentionally excludes more ops side things like the new tents this year, the improved queues for flooding, etc. Cutting express down from FFP should make improvements as already noted, upcharges like the Premium Scream Night should both improve ops with expanded rehearsal time and hopefully spread out crowds a bit more. Etc.
the problem is that some of those are outside the park, they don't really help the event.
blumhouse photo op, a lot of people didn't even know it existed. it was too far from the event. kind of hidden

BMG is practically perfect for Grinchmas. If you was to use another SS for HHN, SS19 *might* be a possibility if they ever need it. But they do actually film stuff in those stages every once in awhile so the stages aren’t always available.
Ah, reading other posts now I may have misunderstood. I thought we were talking about a new show venue for HHN.

I've always been of the mind that if they REALLY wanted or needed to, they could probably carve out an area for another tent somewhere. But it doesn't seem like it's necessary at this point.