Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Imagineering organization sure doesn't seem like what it used to be...

ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you thing legends like Baxter and soon Rohde are getting the hell out of there.

ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you thing legends like Baxter and soon Rohde are getting the hell out of there.

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I don't think it's all WDI. Are there bad apples in their bunch as well? Of course. But it's all trickle down. I think there are just as many brilliant, creative, and talented people as ever at WDI. It's the Disney company and its leadership across multiple business units that's taking the whole ship down.

WDI was totally thrown into a no-win situation with Avatar. It's probably not a project any of them actually wanted. We all know Iger's undying love of the elusive "franchise". They threw a bunch of junk together for a BS business meeting with Cameron to sell him on it. Then people expect ground to break right after the announcement. We all know that for better or worse, Disney projects take years in the R&D, planning, design stages, what have you before we see any movement. Sometimes this is for the better, but of course sometimes for the worse. And in this case, not only was a project shoved down their throats they were also given the shaft in terms of corporate pushing out an announcement so early.

I haven't watch the video with the Brandon guy or the twitter meltdown. I just don't think it's fair to pin this whole mess on the people at WDI. I'm sure a lot of them do what they can to solve the problems we see. But it's ultimately a bigger problem than them.

I haven't watch the video with the Brandon guy or the twitter meltdown. I just don't think it's fair to pin this whole mess on the people at WDI. I'm sure a lot of them do what they can to solve the problems we see. But it's ultimately a bigger problem than them.

It's definitely not all WDI. But they're certainly part of the problem

At this point, I'm shocked that Iger hasn't turned all of Imagineering into a completely out-sourcing company. (If I recall, that was something that was being strongly rumored a couple of years back.) I mean, at this point it would all make sense, since Imagineering overall seems to be a mess, and the out-sourcing model has been doing wonders for Universal so far.

It looks like a lot of people think this is a bad idea. Just look at the youtube video posted before. The money they spend on this could be much better spent both fixing up the park and adding a single E-ticket.

It looks like a lot of people think this is a bad idea. Just look at the youtube video posted before. The money they spend on this could be much better spent both fixing up the park and adding a single E-ticket.

I personally think they should just make Beastly Kingdom :lol: Dragon Challenge is nothing like the ride concept the Imagineers came up with anymore since the queue's been Potterized and they could really make a Sheikra or Hulk level thrills coaster with this along with adding a family dark ride, maybe a nice walkthrough or show, even a flat ride if there's room.

Myths and fantastical creatures is a lot more broad than tall blue people :p

I still cant believe how much Avatar bores me. It was on FX yesterday and I was watching the end and I still was like this is the number 1 movie of all time?! I mean I get the groundbreaking effects thing but I found it so boring I had to change the channel. And the thing Is I'm a movie buff and even usually if a movie is not that good and it's on TV I'll still watch it for the heck of it. And like I get that it has some cool scenes with the new technology but I just was not INTO it at all. I just cant believe it was such a big hit and I cant even watch 5 minutes of it. I still don't get what the hype was all about.

Disney should concentrate on making some new groundbreaking DISNEY rides. Bring on Lion King/Jungle Book rides or some more PIXAR rides. Not Avatar.

I still think the premature hype they created is what has done WDI in. If they hadn't made such a big deal about the project and announced it before Cameron's signature was even dry, they probably could have shelved the idea by now and already broken ground on something more interesting.

I still cant believe how much Avatar bores me. It was on FX yesterday and I was watching the end and I still was like this is the number 1 movie of all time?! I mean I get the groundbreaking effects thing but I found it so boring I had to change the channel. And the thing Is I'm a movie buff and even usually if a movie is not that good and it's on TV I'll still watch it for the heck of it. And like I get that it has some cool scenes with the new technology but I just was not INTO it at all. I just cant believe it was such a big hit and I cant even watch 5 minutes of it. I still don't get what the hype was all about.

Disney should concentrate on making some new groundbreaking DISNEY rides. Bring on Lion King/Jungle Book rides or some more PIXAR rides. Not Avatar.

I actually thought the movie was popularly entertaining. The story, 3D, and sound was grand in that it fulfilled its promise. The problem here is, where does one go in recreating it in a theme park. It was all just too "out of this world" to recreate effectively. Anything short of the film would be disappointing. The surrounding environs alone would have to be at least as high as Cars Land if not higher. And to what end?

I must be one of very few people who actually really enjoyed Avatar & still watch it to this day... :look:

I do see why it is actually a good fit for AK, with it's strong conservation & environmental story line - pretty much what AK is all about, well what the message AK is trying to put across anyway. Can't see Disney concentrating on the love or military parts of story line tbh, just the conservation/environmental part.

I'm intrigued to see what actually happens...

I must be one of very few people who actually really enjoyed Avatar & still watch it to this day... :look:

I do see why it is actually a good fit for AK, with it's strong conservation & environmental story line - pretty much what AK is all about, well what the message AK is trying to put across anyway. Can't see Disney concentrating on the love or military parts of story line tbh, just the conservation/environmental part.

I'm intrigued to see what actually happens...
i agree with you and think there are a lot more people who are excited about it than what the theme park boards show...just my opinion.... i think what teebin said is true can wdi pull off pandora in a theme park setting...they have to go all in on this ...the bioluminecsent flora and fauna along with those mountains could make it special but it definitely needs a great E ticket..im thinking cars land as the model foe them to go by

its so far off its hard to be too pumped for it or any other project at disney when UNi is pumping out rides/lands every year

Status
Not open for further replies.