Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 275 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have been a Halo land with that advertising. How many people still recall the dragon things in Avatar are called banshees anyway?

EDIT- the bigger question, and more indicative question, is how many people at Disney just assume the banshees are so ubiquitous THEY should be advertising lead?

Last edited:
It could have been a Halo land with that advertising. How many people still recall the dragon things in Avatar are called banshees anyway?

EDIT- the bigger question, and more indicative question, is how many people at Disney just assume the banshees are so ubiquitous THEY should be advertising lead?

I had the same thought. This is where the circlejerk of the internal bubble at creative becomes quite apparent.

Reactions: SeventyOne
"NOW THERE IS A PLACE.... where you can fly on a banshee"

If that's what they're going with then well, idk. That's rough. :lol:

Oh no, that's not good. It's clearly they still think this is Harry Potter. Dear lord.

kibanshee.jpg

I see this all the time now and I have no idea why everyone is talking about Kings Island now! ;)

Agreed. Sell the Na'vi. Sell the floating mountains. Sell the bioluminescent night atmosphere. The movie was marketed as a visual assault, do the same with the land.

Reactions: SeventyOne
At least that had a sense of surreal humor.

Agreed, the SDMT ad gave me echos of the Splash Mountain Rap, so there was good unintentional humor there.

With Pandora however, hoo boy. It is matching up on how they got Potter expectations for this, problem is they sure as heck ain't focusing on the elements which would draw people. I know I've been openly not excited for this project, but even I know you don't put your focus on the banshees. Focus on the bioluminescence which is a far easier sell to the GP.

But then again, should we be surprised it's going in this direction when Cameron and Rohde essentially did a roleplay session at the D23 weekend to present it? (Which effectively confused anyone that saw it.)

Agreed, the SDMT ad gave me echos of the Splash Mountain Rap, so there was good unintentional humor there.

With Pandora however, hoo boy. It is matching up on how they got Potter expectations for this, problem is they sure as heck ain't focusing on the elements which would draw people. I know I've been openly not excited for this project, but even I know you don't put your focus on the banshees. Focus on the bioluminescence which is a far easier sell to the GP.

But then again, should we be surprised it's going in this direction when Cameron and Rohde essentially did a roleplay session at the D23 weekend to present it? (Which effectively confused anyone that saw it.)
thats coming
just starting the PR push

So I just showed one of my coworkers that ad who is a Avatar fan

Me: So what do you think?

Him: Yeah that's so lame. Like where is the realism, people had to fight to get to ride their banshee. Banshees aren't docile. Are they going to give people tails to attach to their banshee. God the lack of realism is so lame. I'm so disappointed. Lastly, banshees overheat like a ***** when flying. So makes no sense that a hot human body would ever work on them.

Reactions: Joel

Him: Yeah that's so lame. Like where is the realism, people had to fight to get to ride their banshee. Banshees aren't docile. Are they going to give people tails to attach to their banshee. God the lack of realism is so lame. I'm so disappointed. Lastly, banshees overheat like a ***** when flying. So makes no sense that a hot human body would ever work on them.

Wow your coworker knows a lot about Banshees and Nav'i!

Wow your coworker knows a lot about Banshees and Nav'i!

Maybe they're banking on no one knowing about them to break all the canon rules?

Wow, they really do know a lot. I consider myself to be in the Avatar fan pool, having watched the movie 8+ times and I can't even recall that. Even knowing this now, it doesn't ruin anything for me.

I'm just gonna throw this out there...

Don't wear light colors to Pandora. They may be few, but the cos-playing weresmurf enthusiasts will be packing a LOT of blue body paint.

Reactions: Owen
I'm just gonna throw this out there...

Don't wear light colors to Pandora. They may be few, but the cos-playing weresmurf enthusiasts will be packing a LOT of blue body paint.

If they are using a lot of ultraviolet light for glow then you would stand out ugly in a white shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.