Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JTTCOTE not as good as Test Track or Everest? :lol: Riiiight..

As for Avatar, I'd love to see it to happen but I really don't see anyone here is rooting for it. Not sure if it's Avatar, the highest-grossing film of all-time, that leaves a bad taste in people's mouths or what.

I'm not rooting for Avatar specifically, I'm just rooting for something to be added to AK.

It's without a doubt better than both of them. Easily.

What I was saying is that like Everest, it's got one hell of a facade and queue...but after that, the ride falls short. From what I've seen/know.

The last good Disney ride was probably Aerosmith..everything since then has been a disappointment. Mission Space, Test Track, Soarin, are all snoozers. Everest looks amazing, but the ride itself is really tame for all the hype it garners. I think Mermaid has some nice potential as a classic dark ride, but chances are the Mine Coaster will be pretty lame.

The last good Disney ride was probably Aerosmith..everything since then has been a disappointment. Mission Space, Test Track, Soarin, are all snoozers. Everest looks amazing, but the ride itself is really tame for all the hype it garners. I think Mermaid has some nice potential as a classic dark ride, but chances are the Mine Coaster will be pretty lame.

I'd actually list all of those save for Test Track above RNRC.

The last great Disney attraction built in WDW was Kilimanjaro, IMO.

I'm not rooting for Avatar specifically, I'm just rooting for something to be added to AK.

AGREED. I'm just wondering how long Disney will hold out for Cameron though before decided to move their focus onto something else.

It's without a doubt better than both of them. Easily.

What I was saying is that like Everest, it's got one hell of a facade and queue...but after that, the ride falls short. From what I've seen/know.

It's amazing to me that it uses the same ride system as Test Track because it was so much more thrilling, including what effect that literally makes it feel like the ride vehicle is jumping off the mountain (the outdoor portion) and landing again. Major airtime.

Seeing as how the DCA attraction will be the same, I can already tell you Mermaid is pretty lackluster.

The only thing I dislike about RNRC is the fact that Aersosmith is the musical act. The ride is a lot of fun. It's basically a next generation Space Mountain. Kilimanjaro is just alright, it really depends on your experience with the animals. I think Dinosaur is the best ride in AK.

Tower of Terror was a pretty amazing ride when it first opened...and I still think it's pretty cool. Splash Mountain is a great ride too.

--- Update ---

I personally still like the idea of Beastly Kingdom at AK...although i realize this probably won't happen ever.

The last good Disney ride was probably Aerosmith..everything since then has been a disappointment. Mission Space, Test Track, Soarin, are all snoozers.

WHAT??? An indoor roller coaster is better than the tech of MS, Test Track, Soarin? Perhaps it is a superior ride for males 13-23 who just want their guts jostled about but for me it is nothing better than Busch Gardens in a box.

Hey now, Busch Gardens rocks :lol: Please don't compare any disney coaster to the likes of Mark Rose's creations.

WHAT??? An indoor roller coaster is better than the tech of MS, Test Track, Soarin? Perhaps it is a superior ride for males 13-23 who just want their guts jostled about but for me it is nothing better than Busch Gardens in a box.

If it's not a coaster, it's a snooze-fest, Teebin. Everyone knows that.

So do you want it or not at AK?

If we ever got it, it would be some half-assed disaster that would never match up to Japan's.

So... no. :lol:

Got this from the Journey to the Center of the Earth thread, so have you changed your mind?

Considering the fact that I don't ever plan on flying to the other side of the planet, I really hope animal kingdom gets journey to the center of the earth!

They should build the entire Mysterious Island if Avatarland is cancelled

Journey to the Center of the Earth at Mysterious Island

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea at Mysterious Island

Im not talking about TECH, Im talking about a fun ride.

Mission Space feels like a souped of version of Gravatron from the State fair. It's ok maybe the first time, but it does not hold up on frequent re-rides. I don't think I have to ever ride that again.

Test Track is OK..but has a fairly boring premise, you are basically crash test dummies, but it completely fails to live up to that premise...aka, you never really feel "in danger". There is no suspense. It's extremely mild, and overall boring. I typically only ride it because I feel like I should for some reason.

Soarin? - Its Imax with moving seats. I don't really get what's so amazing about it. It's a fun ride, but not worth the 2 hour wait..that's for sure.

Rock and Roller Coaster works really well as a Disney coaster..it's not TOO intense, but it isn't too tame (like Everest). It also feels different then any other indoor coaster Ive been on. The neon signs, and highway sounds makes it unlike any coaster out there.

You obviously have something against thrill rides though...

--- Update ---

also wanted to add that I think they should build Journey to the center of the Earth in Animal Kingdom instead of Avatar.

Im not talking about TECH, Im talking about a fun ride.

Mission Space feels like a souped of version of Gravatron from the State fair. It's ok maybe the first time, but it does not hold up on frequent re-rides. I don't think I have to ever ride that again.

Test Track is OK..but has a fairly boring premise, you are basically crash test dummies, but it completely fails to live up to that premise...aka, you never really feel "in danger". There is no suspense. It's extremely mild, and overall boring. I typically only ride it because I feel like I should for some reason.

Soarin? - Its Imax with moving seats. I don't really get what's so amazing about it. It's a fun ride, but not worth the 2 hour wait..that's for sure.

Rock and Roller Coaster works really well as a Disney coaster..it's not TOO intense, but it isn't too tame (like Everest). It also feels different then any other indoor coaster Ive been on. The neon signs, and highway sounds makes it unlike any coaster out there.

You obviously have something against thrill rides though...

--- Update ---

also wanted to add that I think they should build Journey to the center of the Earth in Animal Kingdom instead of Avatar.

MS-Agreed
TT, ehh I'm one of the few who enjoy it but agree the "dark ride" sections are nothing short of blah.
Soarin- Its amazing because it started as an erector set! And two hours, must of been a slow day.
RRC-Love the launch and theming but after the launch it might be the most boring coaster out there.
JTTOTE-YES YES DO THIS YES!

^ For real right when I was out there it was like a 25 min wait and the parks were slammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.