Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think FotLK had a nice run. I'll only be upset if it doesn't come back, if this expansion doesn't offer up some quality attractions to spend time exploring. FotLK is nice, but shows are never a must every time for me.

And I also kind of liked Nemo :shrug:

James Cameron reportedly finds DAK underwhelming.

- - - Updated - - -

I think FotLK had a nice run. I'll only be upset if it doesn't come back, if this expansion doesn't offer up some quality attractions to spend time exploring. FotLK is nice, but shows are never a must every time for me.

And I also kind of liked Nemo :shrug:

"That's all right. Anyway, my mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. If not always in the way we expect."-Luna Lovegood

Spirit is suggesting this is really a back-door cost-cutting measure. Essentially, ditch a high-cost, Equity-heavy show and blame it on "construction."

Still, hard to believe TDO would sacrifice the park's #1 attraction in guest satisfaction. Maybe things really are that bad. But already the fanboi reaction seems to be the worst I've seen since the D23 embarrassment.

While I personally am not a fan of the show it's very highly received by guests as mentioned. I'm having a very hard time understanding how any management organization finds this acceptable. It's just sad at this point.

Perhaps the Disney Co is preparing to sell WDW. First cut tons of expensive attractions/employees and realize tons of profit in the short term... then SELL. Hmmm... why does this sound familiar? Where have I heard this scenario before? hmmmmm...

Perhaps the Disney Co is preparing to sell WDW. First cut tons of expensive attractions/employees and realize tons of profit in the short term... then SELL. Hmmm... why does this sound familiar? Where have I heard this scenario before? hmmmmm...

They allegedly tried to sell it last summer.

James Cameron reportedly finds DAK underwhelming.

Him and pretty much everybody else who walks through that park.

I simply don't understand..while maybe the show wasn't meant to be permanent, it's a pretty good show and guests love it. Nemo is ok, but I find Lion King to be significantly better.

Oh please oh please oh please
http://www.olc.co.jp/en/

Don't hold your breath people.:lol:

Untitled-1%5B10%5D.jpg

I dunno, don't get how one could think FotLK was better than FNtM. FNtM has a wonderful, original Broadway-level soundtrack and features the same actor/puppet combo that was successful in the LK Broadway show. FotLK, on the other hand, features recycled parade floats with laughable animatronics and more cringe-inducing, laughable African cliches than you can shake a stick at. Yes, let's have the plus-size singer's section make warthog (pig) sounds.

It's funny, LK is my son's favorite movie, yet he only wanted to see the show once. Meanwhile, we HAVE to see FN every time we go to AK.

We won't be shedding any tears over its demise and hope that if it does return, it's replaced with a condensed version of the actual musical. Some of the music on the soundtrack truly gives me the chills. Personally, I still hope Tarzan Rocks is resurrected.

I dunno, don't get how one could think FotLK was better than FNtM. FNtM has a wonderful, original Broadway-level soundtrack and features the same actor/puppet combo that was successful in the LK Broadway show. FotLK, on the other hand, features recycled parade floats with laughable animatronics and more cringe-inducing, laughable African cliches than you can shake a stick at. Yes, let's have the plus-size singer's section make warthog (pig) sounds.

It's funny, LK is my son's favorite movie, yet he only wanted to see the show once. Meanwhile, we HAVE to see FN every time we go to AK.

We won't be shedding any tears over its demise and hope that if it does return, it's replaced with a condensed version of the actual musical. Some of the music on the soundtrack truly gives me the chills. Personally, I still hope Tarzan Rocks is resurrected.

Ok well I'm not the only one here as I also thought Nemo was superior to the Lion King.

I swear, if Sounds Dangerous outlasts Festival of the Lion King, I'm going to kick somebody in the face.

I'm pretty sure SD is dead. Don't believe it's ran since they closed it in may. Not replaced obviously, but if it didn't open this summer I don't see it coming back anytime soon. We may see the Jedi Training Academy move in there.

I am of the mindset that FN is better than LK as well. Still, I really enjoy both shows, and for this part, to see them losing a piece of the park when there's so little right now, makes me a little sad. I enjoy going to AK every time that I go, it is time for the park to really grow into what it should be.

From what I am hearing nothing for this project has actually been green lit. But I did hear some details of one of the attraction ideas pitched to Cameron. First off, the whole land is most likely going to be inside. And perpetual night. Bring on a million fiber optic plants. And the attraction is I believe what people are referring to as a flying coaster. Yes, and no. It isn't a flyer like Manta. And I think this idea would shut up the "everything is for kiddie" people like myself.

Ok, imagine the queue winds up and up around one of those MASSIVE Pandora trees until you reach the load platform near the top, there are two separate track systems, one milder and one wilder. the trains are based on the motorbike coaster, but are only one person wide and 4 cars long similar capacity to Space Mt. Each car looks like one of those flying dragon things from the movie.

So I'll start with the wilder side, because it's the part I think would be the coolest. Ok, so you lock in straddling your dragon thingy, remember it's dark and your 120' up a giant tree. You roll out of the platform and around a corner where you drop 90' in the dark and then back up to continue flying around the tree. The mild side has a smaller less steep drop, but has more banked curves which from what I understand are pretty cool on one of those type of coasters.

You get off at the bottom. The trains return to the top with a verticle lift hill that goes straight up the inside of the tree trunk. There is also an elevator in there.

Reactions: TSSD
Now this sounds AWESOME!! This is the Disney that I used to know.

And the attraction is I believe what people are referring to as a flying coaster. Yes, and no. It isn't a flyer like Manta. And I think this idea would shut up the "everything is for kiddie" people like myself.

*pats self on back*

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.