Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From IGN:

Remember back in June when James Cameron announced that he would be shooting three Avatar sequels simultaneously? Well, now it seems that the filmmaker may have been getting a little ahead of himself.

Indie Wire reports that Avatar 4 will not be a part of Cameron's back-to-back film shoot, according to producer Jon Landau. Additionally, it is still uncertain when production for Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 will begin as the former is currently slated for release no earlier than 2015.

The delays carry over into Cameron's World of Avatar attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom, which was announced around this time last year. Due to creative differences between Cameron and Disney's Imagineer development team, it seems as though we'll be waiting even longer on that project as well.

I can't agree there. being on a discussion forum about the subject means we're all already "taking this stuff to seriously".:lol:

I think a lot of people myself included have issues with it because it seems a lot of time they just cut corners. It's one thing to just leave a show building out, it's another thing to kinda paint it but not really paint it.

What? All I see is sky...

soarin_2_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg

I really hope Avatar Land happens. I want another Cars Land signature drink and blue cinnamon rolls!

:rofl: I seriously don't know what I would do without you guys and my daily dose of theme park humor. Only this site can remind me what it's like to do the silent happy seal clap laugh.

And is it sad that I never noticed Soarin'? I actually had to double-take to realize that was even wdw. Pitiful . . . :bonk:

Reactions: Scarletwebslingr
My understanding is that his work with USF was pretty smooth. Granted they finished the attraction before he even knew what they were doing :lol:

Are you talking about T2 3D? Because he co-directed and wrote that... Thus why it's the most expensive film ever made (per minute of film) and the dialogue is spotty.:lol:

So, reports are starting to grow that it is being indefinitely placed on hold.

If the reports are true, what could we possibly see happen in place of it? Or will TDO hold off on building anything new at DAK and focus on DHS?

If the reports are true, what could we possibly see happen in place of it? Or will TDO hold off on building anything new at DAK and focus on DHS?

What's funny is Spirit has been saying this for the better part of two, maybe three months but everyone wants to shut him up and shout him down. Some people are eating crow now.

As for what we will see? DAK remaining stagnant for the next 10-15 years (SOP for TDO).

Reactions: Cecilia

IMO, money was set aside for the Avatar expansion that needed to be spent in a designated period of time. It became clear to the powers that be that Cameron and WDI would not work anything out that could be completed in this time frame. DHS is the lowest attended park at WDW. The Avatar money is being diverted to the DHS makeover, and I couldn't be happier (if I'm right.) While Cars Land isn't my first choice, it's a stunning land.

- - - Updated - - -

What's funny is Spirit has been saying this for the better part of two, maybe three months but everyone wants to shut him up and shout him down. Some people are eating crow now.

As for what we will see? DAK remaining stagnant for the next 10-15 years (SOP for TDO).

Spirit has basically be saying this since last September when it was announced!

Hey Everyone, guess who's back.....ME :lol:

Just got back from visiting DCA, DL, and Alaska cruise, and let me tell, you they NEED to add Carsland to DHS. Its easily one of the most detailed and themed lands in a theme park I've seen in a long time.

Its not as BIG as I imagined, but its pretty impressive. Unfortunately, I was UNABLE to ride RSR because of the death line is what I'm calling it, but I rode everything else.

If Avatar is truly dead, then this money needs to be diverted to a CL in DHS, bar none, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.