Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Vyrus, I'm sincerely sorry about RSR'S.

No you're not :lol: but I did ride Indy, which I must say was amazing, and if it was in bad shape, I couldn't tell, but they need that ride over here ASAP, it was amazing I must say.

We did both parks in one day, DL was virtually empty, all rides 10 min waits, when we get to DCA everything was 20 - 30 min +...RSR was down when we got there, and it was down with over an hours worth of line STILL in queue, we walk around the park, we come back and its back up, Standby was at 200 mins, SINGLE RIDER was 60 min wait...safe to say we didn't wanna wait in that line especially since it had already gone down once that day.

Gonna do a full trip report in the next day or so :thumbs:

Personally I think Disney has realized it NEEDS to address problems in all WDW parks save for MK. If Avatar gets the axe, I'm confident something will replace it at DAK.

DAK is actually the easiest park to update. Something as (relatively) cheap and simple as a giant panda exhibit or an off-the-shelf coaster ("The Boomerang" or "The Tasmanian Devil") paired with a kangaroo/koala habitat would buy them gobs of free PR and get lots of fanbois in the front gates. I don't think DAK needs a new E-ticket as much as it just needs more things to do.

And more shade/air conditioning.

I'm actually glad Avatar is taking so long because I think that's the only reason DHS is getting the push that it is. They planned for FLE to carry to Avatar and that isn't happening. And my hope is that we get something other then carsland. I really enjoy both cars movies but I feel that DHS should get something new and original.

Having just been to "The Land Down Under" myself, it is rather frustrating that Epcot nor Animal Kingdom has no representation of Australia. It's a theme that would quite easily be a welcome addition to DAK. Have open fields for kangaroos and wallabies, up close experiences for guests to admire at the cute koalas, put some sort of screen show in a building with the Sydney Opera House as the facade, and the main attraction could be something with Nemo (the film takes places just of the Australian coast). There's lots of unexplored culture, food, history, and a complete continent that has been left out of the big theme parks in Orlando. SeaWorld is bringing Antarctica to central Florida. Why can't Disney bring Australia?

Geez how long was that plane ride? I'm struggling to figure out how to occupy myself during the flight from MCO to LAX :lol:

Geez how long was that plane ride? I'm struggling to figure out how to occupy myself during the flight from MCO to LAX :lol:

Our original flight was supposed to go from Atlanta to Sydney with a layover in Los Angeles. But with crappy weather out West, our plane was forced to stop in Dallas, TX. This was my senior trip with my high school, so rebooking 30 teenagers on the next flight wasn't the easiest thing to arrange. We had to spend the night in the Dallas airport and another night in Dallas at a motel. We finally got flights for the next leg of the journey to LAX, but again because of the trouble of booking flights for a group, we had to spend two nights at the LAX airport La Quinta. All of this equated to what nobody wanted to have happen. The four and a half days we were supposed to be in New Zealand were completely cancelled because of all the freaking delays. So just flight time, from ATL to DFW was 3 hours, DFW to LAX was 3 hours, and LAX to SYD was 16 hours. Aside from the hell of a time it took to get there, the "long" flight was actually really nice. When I've had to fly to Athens and Beijing before, those flights sucked big time. I hate to fly any airline but Delta, but on both of those we had to use American Airlines' partners.

Anyway, I feel that Australia is a opportunity to bring an exciting element to the resorts.

Should we not rename you BJRich? Beijing, Athens and a high school trip to Australia??? Am I the only one whose jaw is on the floor? On the other hand, I hate air travel... two hours in the air and I am ready to commit suicide.

Yeah those are some amazing places to of visited at such a young age, and as for the air travel Teebs I truly know what you mean :lol:

Idk if this has been mentioned, but Screamscape is reporting that this project is still on track.

They are also reporting a miracle to weight loss :pound:

When it comes to air travel, I usually fall asleep on take off I've gotten so used to it (mom used to work for Eastern Airlines and I used to work for American), so planes, trains, or automobiles, its all the same.

to be honest, I trust Screamscape over IGN any day of the week. IGN report on blog posts, and internet chatter. They aren't any more dependable, nor do they have great "sources" outside the world of videogames.

So one of my buddies posted this on my Facebook page this morning. Looks good but I dont think it is anything official. Looks fan made to me and i dont think i have seen this yet so figured Id post it.
I think a true Disney image would say DisneyParks® and not Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

to be honest, I trust Screamscape over IGN any day of the week. IGN report on blog posts, and internet chatter. They aren't any more dependable, nor do they have great "sources" outside the world of videogames.

True, but Screamscape does have it's own issues of biased sources. Disney Social Media could be in full swing countering the IGN or other leaked info. (even if I do think the IGN report was just them reporting the echo chamber of Disney theme park discussion, no new information)

While Screamscape has in the past been a good source for credible inside information from various other channels, now that site reports anything and everything from across the interwebs. He's even taken rumored stuff from OU.

Idk if this has been mentioned, but Screamscape is reporting that this project is still on track.

Can't believe all you read. I've heard nothing to indicate any change, which means they're conceptualizing, but don't have anything ready or close to it ... seeing a friend in LA next week who works close to Cameron on his films and what I have heard is they are very far behind (I defintely would not expect three more films), which makes me even more leery about Pandora coming to DAK soon.

Folks are jumping to conclusions over FotLK closing. They should look at that as labor savings ... especially if they can justify 9-5 or 9-6 schedules through the spring instead of extending.

Status
Not open for further replies.