Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why they haven't gotten past whatever it is that's holding them back and just moved forward with this project. By now the hype is dead, and even worse, there's disappointment/funk around this project... Sucks...

PS: Honestly, I'd prefer if they did something at Epcot before they touch Animal Kingdom.

I don't get why they haven't gotten past whatever it is that's holding them back and just moved forward with this project. By now the hype is dead, and even worse, there's disappointment/funk around this project... Sucks...

PS: Honestly, I'd prefer if they did something at Epcot before they touch Animal Kingdom.

I agree but at the same time how can you decide what park gets a major addition, their all in such need...:shrug:

I agree but at the same time how can you decide what park gets a major addition, their all in such need...:shrug:

And that's the problem. WDW has been so mismanaged that it's going to take a considerable amount of time and money to right the ship. DHS is actually the easiest to bring up to snuff, and I think that's why it will/is getting the nod over DAK and EC.

Any expansion to DAK will require significant infrastructure additions/upgrades because you know that they'll want it to be a full day (read: nighttime) park. It will need more shopping and dining on top of attractions and entertainment.

At EC, you essentially have 2 theme parks in one. While there are no glaring problems in World Showcase, it hasn't had a new attraction since 1988. In Future World, you have Wonders of Life rotting, Energy needing an update, and an Imagination Pavilion on life support. Not to mention, Mission Space is about to lose its sponsor and is showing signs of neglect on the exterior, not to mention is has always underperformed. SSE is almost 5 years old already and was never completed. Soarin is still running a film made for another park. Innoventions...

Brb...depressed.

That poster also swore that Adventurer's Club would be bulldozed this past March, and when it wasn't, he swore he never said such a thing.

Oh, I forgot to add Pleasure Island/DTD to my list of things they need to spend money on....

Yup, WDW needs billions at this point. But go ahead folks, keep staying in overpriced hotel rooms, paying $90 for tickets, and eating at overpriced restaurants...that'll show 'em!

Learned my lesson! I'm traveling across the country to get my Disney fix now :lol:

Oh, I forgot to add Pleasure Island/DTD to my list of things they need to spend money on....

Yup, WDW needs billions at this point. But go ahead folks, keep staying in overpriced hotel rooms, paying $90 for tickets, and eating at overpriced restaurants...that'll show 'em!

But, according to Jim Hill, WDW is putting over a billion into the parks and the resort in general, the same amount spent on the DCA restoration. And the fanboys need to accept it!

*****sarcasm!

So, $10-20 billion will fix most of what is wrong with WDW? Ok, let me make a call in the morning and see what I can do. :look:

But could someone remind me... what are the net profits of WDW each year?

Last edited:
From Lee by way of Spirit:

Here is an Avatar tidbit from the vacationing Spirit...
The project is technically still active, but is still moving at a snail's pace due to...well, you know.
The bone of contention seems to be the budget. Disney is trying to get it down, but an attraction that JC wants to include would put it over Disney's line in the sand (so to speak).
I'm not gonna go into detail on the ride at the moment, but it appears it would actually be a clone of a ride going in elsewhere, only with a very dense Avatar theme.

I'm guessing the ride in question is the TRON coaster headed to Shanghai.

And people still say they would like to work for Disney Imagineering. No wonder Don Carson lives on a farm in Oregon now.

I've whole-heartedly dropped that dream. I'd work for any other company, and plan to do so.

Anywho... a spinner? Really? Oh wait, this is Disney. SMH.

I can't believe Disney is trying to tell James Cameron they want a lower budget. I mean, did they not know what they were getting into when they signed up with him? He makes some of the most expensive and technologically advanced movies in the world. Do you really think he'd settle for a spinner that shoots water?

Status
Not open for further replies.