Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. There's ever so slightly more behind this move. But not much more.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly! So what, we'll get Avatar in 2020 or 2030! :lol:

They're removing a relatively inexpensive yet remarkably popular attractions for this. I could see your fears better if the area housed something more costly, but it isn't. I think odds are favorable something is going to happening.

They're removing a relatively inexpensive yet remarkably popular attractions for this. I could see your fears better if the area housed something more costly, but it isn't. I think odds are favorable something is going to happening.

FotLK isn't all that inexpensive. All those performers come at a pretty price for the mouse.

They still have no idea what they're doing with Avatar. That's where the project's at right now. Even when FotLK closes, it won't mean that's changed.

BTW, there are no fears here. This is the reality of the situation as it stands.

FotLK isn't all that inexpensive. All those performers come at a pretty price for the mouse.

They still have no idea what they're doing with Avatar. That's where the project's at right now. Even when FotLK closes, it won't mean that's changed.

BTW, there are no fears here. This is the reality of the situation as it stands.

Most of the performers are just regular entertainment CMs making 8 or 9 bucks an hour VS something like Nemo where all is equity. I just see something happening by 2015 more than I don't. I know the possibility is there, I just don't think odds are against us.

Yea, shutting down a land, removing capacity and increasing profits.

Doubtful. They've already publicly announced Avatar, is already planning on evacuation Camp Minnie Mickey, and is well aware that their competition is Harry Potter. Something is going to happen there and it won't take decades. While I don't think Avatar was the greatest choice to try and offset Potter, Disney has a lot riding on it's next big expansion at DAK and public interests is there. People have expectations now and I don't think Disney is going to just sit around while Universal grows in the biggest way. Something (likely Avatar) is happening.

Doubtful. They've already publicly announced Avatar, is already planning on evacuation Camp Minnie Mickey, and is well aware that their competition is Harry Potter. Something is going to happen there and it won't take decades. While I don't think Avatar was the greatest choice to try and offset Potter, Disney has a lot riding on it's next big expansion at DAK and public interests is there. People have expectations now and I don't think Disney is going to just sit around while Universal grows in the biggest way. Something (likely Avatar) is happening.

The DHS expansion is more of a response to Potter than Avatar, and will most likely open well before Avatar does.

The DHS expansion is more of a response to Potter than Avatar, and will most likely open well before Avatar does.

If it does it's more to do with Cameron's release dates on the sequels than anything else. There would be no need to get rid of Camp this early otherwise. It doesn't cost much to run the meet and greets and FOLK is the #1 show on property. Getting rid of these for nothing doesn't add up unless they had some kind of ambition for that area. And correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they had DHS plans longer than Avatar? I've heard rumor of Monsters for five or six years now.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they had DHS plans longer than Avatar? I've heard rumor of Monsters for five or six years now.

Monsters coaster has been a project that has been on/off for quite a bit, yes. But an entire redo of the park on a level near DCA is a fairly recent initiative that is gaining steam.

Avatar was a reach by Iger/Staggs to garner a bombshell property. But the announcement more or less went over like a lead balloon, and internally there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of excitement to get to work on it.

While on the other coast, Cars Land opens to fanfare and huge profit margins. That's the reason you're gonna see DHS done before Avatar, if you ever see Avatar at all.

Monsters coaster has been a project that has been on/off for quite a bit, yes. But an entire redo of the park on a level near DCA is a fairly recent initiative that is gaining steam.

Avatar was a reach by Iger/Staggs to garner a bombshell property. But the announcement more or less went over like a lead balloon, and internally there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of excitement to get to work on it.

While on the other coast, Cars Land opens to fanfare and huge profit margins. That's the reason you're gonna see DHS done before Avatar, if you ever see Avatar at all.

Despite which comes first, I really think the land of and around CMM will be used for an expansion and in the relatively near future. Carsland was indeed a hit in Cali, but they don't have the pressure of Potter ten minutes down the highway in direct competition. I just don't see Disney giving up on DAK that easily the way they're going.

Disney has announced plenty of projects before and then acted like they never said a word. Beastly Kingdomme, Hyperion Wharf, and how many countries in World Showcase? Just because they announced it doesn't mean they will do it. And even if they shut down CMM that doesn't mean anything is going to replace it any time soon. That really isn't proof anything is happening. The only proof is when the land is actually built and soft openings and previews are happening, cause even starting construction/demolition doesn't mean much in Disney's world.

Disney has announced plenty of projects before and then acted like they never said a word. Beastly Kingdomme, Hyperion Wharf, and how many countries in World Showcase? Just because they announced it doesn't mean they will do it. And even if they shut down CMM that doesn't mean anything is going to replace it any time soon. That really isn't proof anything is happening. The only proof is when the land is actually built and soft openings and previews are happening, cause even starting construction/demolition doesn't mean much in Disney's world.

I'm not sure what you're reading but I didn't say it there was proof of anything. What I've been saying is that odds seem favorable that the land will be used in the near future (and probably Avatar). Evidence: Public announcements complete with Cameron and Co. on board and making several scouting trips; plans to remove the most popular (and relatively inexpensive) show on property alongside the very popular character meet&greets (also inexpensive); recent projects involving glowing and special sensory flora... It just seems with Potter down the road, Cameron already on board, and a large chunk of DAK being evacuated that this expansion, on one level or another, is bound to happen in the relatively near future.

Fixed! :thumbs:

With current Disney parks in the states that is the problem. They won't even often give their own properties jay you fixed that post made it a broad statement. Disney of the past sure had some great times in the 80s and 90s with Indiana Jones and Star Wars and over a dozen other outside properties that they did justice with.

So Festival of the Lion King is closing soon right?

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

New FotLK casting will take place on November 16th. Just sayin'.

That really does not mean much.

It could mean that the show is just moving or getting a redo in another location that will require a recasting when it is ready to open for the current talent that does not stick around.

Just playing Devil's Advocate, but in reality...yeah. It is probably not going anywhere in a park that has so much land elsewhere.

That really does not mean much.

It could mean that the show is just moving or getting a redo in another location that will require a recasting when it is ready to open for the current talent that does not stick around.

Just playing Devil's Advocate, but in reality...yeah. It is probably not going anywhere in a park that has so much land elsewhere.

Well, the ongoing rumor is that it would be at least 6 months, more likely a year, until FOTLK returns after the closure. I don't see them casting that far in advanced.

And Avatar will be going to the Camp MiniMickey area if it is built.

There is plenty of other Camp Minnie Mickey area to build Avatar without taking away what is already popular. I am still not sold on the Lion King removal rumor.

Six Months is not that unrealistic for a show to have auditions starting, then they have to rehearse, train skills and fine tune it for a new location if it does indeed move. I am just saying I don't think the recasting or new casting calls really mean much right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.