Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Camp Minnie Mickey was meant to be completely a TEMP area before Beastly Kingdomme was suppossed to be built. However due to cheapness, and delays, and more delays, what was meant to be TEMP became permanent.

Remember Camp Minnie Mickey was meant to be completely a TEMP area before Beastly Kingdomme was suppossed to be built. However due to cheapness, and delays, and more delays, what was meant to be TEMP became permanent.

You could fill that into a number of attractions for sure.

Festival of the Lion King should be moved somewhere, or else Disney is not going to have a lot of happy campers. Has Disney ever removed a show from the parks this popular?

Was at Animal Kingdom earlier and regardless of what happens, SOMETHING needs to be done to expand on park offerings. My wife and I haven't been in over two years, we were bored within 90 minutes.

Was at Animal Kingdom earlier and regardless of what happens, SOMETHING needs to be done to expand on park offerings. My wife and I haven't been in over two years, we were bored within 90 minutes.

That's about how long I went before work last week. I rode Everest twice, walked the Asia jungle trail, and rode the Safari. If I had another hour I could have done Dinosaur, Primeval, and maybe Bug's Life. You can easily knock this park out in 3 hours if waits are short.

I think there's quite a bit to do at Animal Kingdom as opposed to DHS, where I only spend an hour riding Tower and Rockin' Roller Coaster back-to-back.

I think there's quite a bit to do at Animal Kingdom as opposed to DHS, where I only spend an hour riding Tower and Rockin' Roller Coaster back-to-back.

I completely disagree. Both are definitely half day parks but it takes me longer to do just about everything in the park at Hollywood Studios. ToT, RnRC, TSMM, Star Tours, Muppets, and then the toss ups of Great Movie Ride, LMA, and Indiana Jones. On a slow day that atleast takes 4 or 5 hours.

Which is the root problem of ALL these discussions; it's all about our personal preferences. There is way more to "do" at DHS than just Tower of Terror and RnR. Conversely, people know there's more to do at AK than just Safari, Everest, and Dinosaur.

Which is the root problem of ALL these discussions; it's all about our personal preferences. There is way more to "do" at DHS than just Tower of Terror and RnR. Conversely, people know there's more to do at AK than just Safari, Everest, and Dinosaur.

You're right. I happen to really like animals, and the unrehearsed nature of them always give me something to watch when I'm at the parks. Plus Nemo and Lion King are what I believe to be Disney's best shows.

To each his own, I guess. But if we all accepted that fact there wouldn't be message boards.

I love Animal Kingdom, and I even put a day aside a year to actually spend time there not just rush through it. Point being even if I watch Lion King, Nemo, Everest, Bug's Life, Kali, both Jungle Treks, Safari, Dinosaur, and Primeval I can still knock the park out in 4, maybe 5 hours tops.

I love Animal Kingdom, and I even put a day aside a year to actually spend time there not just rush through it. Point being even if I watch Lion King, Nemo, Everest, Bug's Life, Kali, both Jungle Treks, Safari, Dinosaur, and Primeval I can still knock the park out in 4, maybe 5 hours tops.

I love putting entire days aside to visit theme parks. Usually my theme parks trips last only 3 hours tops and I only hit the big attractions.

There's no debating that Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom need some work (maybe a lot of work), but its not that hard to spend an entire day in either of these parks. I've done it multiple times.

A forum member on WDWMagic posted the following......

Cameron has given the OK to WDI's current plans for Pandora, and bids will be put out for construction work.

I am not positive as to the exact makeup of said land, but it appears Disney 'won' the battle and there will be two attractions and NOT the three that had been pushed for.

But I am awaiting further details before I post more.

Also, note this has NOTHING to do with ongoing plans for a major makeover of TPFKaTD-MGMS.

Ok I'm pretty good with the abbreviations but what the hell is that?

I had no idea either until someone on that board asked, too. :lol:

Apparently, it's "The Park Formerly Known as The Disney-MGM Studios".

No clue why they chose the dumbest abbreviation on the planet.

Well that's why,

DFBaFR.

Someone figures that out and I will share a juicy rumor I only shared with the VIP's. PM me if your gonna try :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.