Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you seem to be in the know..what are your thoughts on these ideas for pandora?

Not on this one, just recaping what "the guys in the know" have put on another Magical website. They also say that the "creative differences" reported is that Disney wants to shave 20% off the budget, and Cameron said "no".

Not on this one, just recaping what "the guys in the know" have put on another Magical website. They also say that the "creative differences" reported is that Disney wants to shave 20% off the budget, and Cameron said "no".

Cut Budgets? Ha ha, im sure Cameron came back with a 30% increase in budget at the same meeting.

Good luck with that Disney

So the plan is basically Motorbike Coaster, Soarin' 2.0, and an AA Zoo.

I was initially excited about this and the possibilities of what WDI could do with it, but now after hearing the attractions we would be getting, I'm left with an extremely sour taste in my mouth.

A motorbike coaster just sounds meh to me. The theming could be really great, but the whole ride concept isn't all that enticing.

How would they upgrade Soarin' to make it really fantastic? No matter which way you look at it, it will always be a mediocre "simulator".

An AA zoo? :bang:

A motorbike coaster? I wonder if this is rebounding off the Tron idea...

There's no way to pull off riding those dragons...

A was hoping Disney would surprise us with a new high tech simulator worth giving a damn about...

It appears that the FJ Kuka ride system is the last new ride technology any of us will see for many years to come. I cannot think of anything being developed for anywhere that is on the scoop/FJ bench scale.

When they introduced the new WDW Ambassadors the other day, Meg Crofton mentioned that part of what they'd be working on during their two-year tenure is the "final plans for Avatar". I wouldn't read much into that though.

I do know they are slowly trying to shuffle the characters out of Camp MM. They were experimenting with the Chipmunks at Rafiki's Planet Watch already.

The characters will be moved and FOTLK should close for "relocation" sometime in early 2013.

But that still won't mean Avatar is full steam ahead. Until they give you plans/art or vertical construction, Avatar isn't close to happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.