Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The night idea is interesting. I'm sure it will be amazing. Disney can still make things look beautiful. But they'd have to win my thrill ride faith back with this.

I dunno, don't get how one could think FotLK was better than FNtM. FNtM has a wonderful, original Broadway-level soundtrack and features the same actor/puppet combo that was successful in the LK Broadway show. FotLK, on the other hand, features recycled parade floats with laughable animatronics and more cringe-inducing, laughable African cliches than you can shake a stick at. Yes, let's have the plus-size singer's section make warthog (pig) sounds.

It's funny, LK is my son's favorite movie, yet he only wanted to see the show once. Meanwhile, we HAVE to see FN every time we go to AK.

We won't be shedding any tears over its demise and hope that if it does return, it's replaced with a condensed version of the actual musical. Some of the music on the soundtrack truly gives me the chills. Personally, I still hope Tarzan Rocks is resurrected.

Nemo is incredibly dull. Guest ratings are always higher for FotLK because of the guest interaction. The music is much more upbeat as well. The animatronics at FotLK definitely could use some love, but then again the shape of almost every animatronic at DAK isn't much to brag about anymore. There's also more than one "plus-size singer" over at FoTLK...

I swear, if Sounds Dangerous outlasts Festival of the Lion King, I'm going to kick somebody in the face.

:lol: I'll be right there with you.

From what I am hearing nothing for this project has actually been green lit. But I did hear some details of one of the attraction ideas pitched to Cameron. First off, the whole land is most likely going to be inside. And perpetual night. Bring on a million fiber optic plants. And the attraction is I believe what people are referring to as a flying coaster. Yes, and no. It isn't a flyer like Manta. And I think this idea would shut up the "everything is for kiddie" people like myself.

Ok, imagine the queue winds up and up around one of those MASSIVE Pandora trees until you reach the load platform near the top, there are two separate track systems, one milder and one wilder. the trains are based on the motorbike coaster, but are only one person wide and 4 cars long similar capacity to Space Mt. Each car looks like one of those flying dragon things from the movie.

So I'll start with the wilder side, because it's the part I think would be the coolest. Ok, so you lock in straddling your dragon thingy, remember it's dark and your 120' up a giant tree. You roll out of the platform and around a corner where you drop 90' in the dark and then back up to continue flying around the tree. The mild side has a smaller less steep drop, but has more banked curves which from what I understand are pretty cool on one of those type of coasters.

You get off at the bottom. The trains return to the top with a verticle lift hill that goes straight up the inside of the tree trunk. There is also an elevator in there.

Is this one of those, "Rumor this year about HHN is that IOA will be enclosed in a massive tent" kind of things...?

Now my reply in case this held some seriousness: I hope/am glad this idea is denied. First off, good luck hiding one of the most massive show buildings in theme park history...in DAK. I like the idea for the coaster, but again, the concept of a completely indoor land bugs me. The fiber optic plant effects could EASILY be pulled off as just a nighttime effect. DAK is already prepping for later hours in the peak seasons with the inclusion of a nighttime safari. We know DAK's gonna be open later, so why have an indoor land?

Also: for safety reasons, while maintenance is working on any attraction (believe this is state amusement law), work lights must be on. That'd kill the nighttime effect throughout the entire building when that coaster attraction breaks down.

im shocked they would go for such a thrill ride..maybe the other rides we would be a little more family friendly even though i m not complaing....someone posted the other day on twitter avatar and tron...maybe this is what they meant

Last edited:
From what I am hearing nothing for this project has actually been green lit. But I did hear some details of one of the attraction ideas pitched to Cameron. First off, the whole land is most likely going to be inside. And perpetual night. Bring on a million fiber optic plants. And the attraction is I believe what people are referring to as a flying coaster. Yes, and no. It isn't a flyer like Manta. And I think this idea would shut up the "everything is for kiddie" people like myself.

Ok, imagine the queue winds up and up around one of those MASSIVE Pandora trees until you reach the load platform near the top, there are two separate track systems, one milder and one wilder. the trains are based on the motorbike coaster, but are only one person wide and 4 cars long similar capacity to Space Mt. Each car looks like one of those flying dragon things from the movie.

So I'll start with the wilder side, because it's the part I think would be the coolest. Ok, so you lock in straddling your dragon thingy, remember it's dark and your 120' up a giant tree. You roll out of the platform and around a corner where you drop 90' in the dark and then back up to continue flying around the tree. The mild side has a smaller less steep drop, but has more banked curves which from what I understand are pretty cool on one of those type of coasters.

You get off at the bottom. The trains return to the top with a verticle lift hill that goes straight up the inside of the tree trunk. There is also an elevator in there.

Intriguing. I love the idea of the attraction. I'm also very intrigued by the idea of it being all inside. That seems rather unorthodox, no?

From what I understand the reason that there were multiple height test balloons (7 balloons) was to see the impact of the massive Pandora Pavilion. And no they won't try and hide it. It is going to be close to 200' tall. My guess is that they will just go with a pleasing and cool design.

db20120804avatarballont.jpg

From what I understand the reason that there were multiple height test balloons (7 balloons) was to see the impact of the massive Pandora Pavilion. And no they won't try and hide it. It is going to be close to 200' tall. My guess is that they will just go with a pleasing and cool design.

I can already hear the incessant whining from fanbois. :lol:

Last edited:
I guess you can make a huge building look okay from in the park as there is so much greenery to break it up. I mean I don't expect it to be hidden from the outside...

No, it'll be fine because Disney did it. No one complains about Soarin's massive show building.

What? All I see is sky...

soarin_2_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Supposedly, from people who were in the park that day, you couldn't see the height balloons from anywhere in the park. If that is true, I wouldn't worry about seeing the show building while walking around in Asia. The only issue would be when driving into the parking lot. And since they find no issue with the back side of Everest being exposed, well, why would they care about this building being exposed in the parking lot? Anything to drive the attendance to the attraction/land.

I've NEVER been bothered by a show building in park, nor have I ever understood the reason it makes people so crazy.

I think for some people, they just take that kind of stuff too seriously. I get the idea of theming, but at the end of the day, you are in a theme park with many different themes, characters, and locations. Just enjoy everything for what its worth instead of how you can see that building from another area of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.