Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're having the arguement that SW Land would have been better, plus why can't we have both?

We cannot have both because this is TDO. We are lucky the suits in California forced Star Tours 2.0 down TDO's throats or else we'd still have the old version or a "value engineered" version of Star Tours 2.0. And before someone mentions FLE, well, top suits forced that down TDO's throat too. And I am sure Avatar is being shoved down their throat as well. TDO's mantra is stagnation and cutting while raising prices, not innovation, imagination, giving guests something fro their money, and growth.

We cannot have both because this is TDO. We are lucky the suits in California forced Star Tours 2.0 down TDO's throats or else we'd still have the old version or a "value engineered" version of Star Tours 2.0. And before someone mentions FLE, well, top suits forced that down TDO's throat too. And I am sure Avatar is being shoved down their throat as well. TDO's mantra is stagnation and cutting while raising prices, not innovation, imagination, giving guests something fro their money, and growth.

So TDO wasn't going to put my all time favorite ride in DHS? :fist:

Someone, please explain to me how you can be "well underway" and "still honing in on what we're going to do" at the same time. Quote is from Staggs by way of Jason Garcia:

"We've gotten more excited about Avatar...That project is well under way. We're still honing exactly what we're going to do. But it's going to be big."

Because the project being well underway to them is giving creative people the money and greenlight to do things, where as for us it should be someting to likely show for the product.

Either way, I don't see it ever getting an entire land. If it ever happens one major ride will suffice the appetite and TDO's budget.

Via Attractions Magazine:
Imagineers and James Cameron looking at a model of Avatar land at Animal Kingdom:

http://staree.com/attractions/135488961657016735

Not exactly sure what we're looking at here. Then again, Disney's just honing in on that themselves. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.