Peacock (Streaming Service) | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Peacock (Streaming Service)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They should be there, there was news about it back in July (Source)

How is Peacock btw? I normally don't subscribe to anything with the word 'pea' in it, but I'm willing to give it a shot
I like it but I admit NBC programming has always been my jam, and I plan to take advantage of more of it going forward. Decent (but could be better and is getting worse) sports app, news channels, I’ll do this more post Jan. 20th but the Tonight Show and Late Night air early on Peacock, so that’s dope. All of SNL, their channels are great, plus they now own The Office and there will be extended cut episodes.

Absolutely worth it, frankly tho they need more of the Dreamworks catalog on their. Jurassic franchise should be back on their as well now. For free it’s pretty damn good imo, some app issues here and there but I’ve had that with everything in my apartment except Hulu and Netflix really.

Reactions: shiekra38
Anyone watch The Office Superfan Episodes yet?

Haven't seen anyone reviewing or even really talking about them past normal PR info.

Haven't seen anyone reviewing or even really talking about them past normal PR info.
Because just like Friends with the move to HBO Max, moving The Office to Peacock isn't going to be the big driver it was on Netflix. People liked those on Netflix because they enjoyed the shows and they were included with subscription. But no one was asking to pay for a streaming service just to watch The Office or Friends.

Because just like Friends with the move to HBO Max, moving The Office to Peacock isn't going to be the big driver it was on Netflix. People liked those on Netflix because they enjoyed the shows and they were included with subscription. But no one was asking to pay for a streaming service just to watch The Office or Friends.
Sure...but with a show as big as the office....you'd think someone would want to review or talk about these longer episodes....are they just as good, or are they too long? Are there any new deleted scenes in season 3? I watched the new deleted Cold Open for season 7 but are there other new scenes?

I'm just surprised no outlet or youtuber is talking about them..its 5 bucks a month

Sure...but with a show as big as the office....you'd think someone would want to review or talk about these longer episodes....are they just as good, or are they too long? Are there any new deleted scenes in season 3? I watched the new deleted Cold Open for season 7 but are there other new scenes?

I'm just surprised no outlet or youtuber is talking about them..its 5 bucks a month
Yeah, I just looked and tbh, I can't find much of anything either.

I think it really has to do with this being a show that ended 7 years ago. Extended scenes and bonus footage is cool, but it's also not why people want to watch The Office. I just really don't think that the extended footage has the appeal that Peacock thought it would have and tbh, if I was them, I would've waited.

I think a mistake Peacock made was immediately on January 1st putting The Office on when people were just able to watch it on Netflix. I think a Disney Vault type situation with The Office would've worked well here. Store it away for awhile and then bring it out and people will come back to watch it because they missed it. Right now, no one misses it because they were just able to watch it on Netflix on New Years Eve.

Comcast isn't too concerned....they still making money from PVOD with people buying the full series digitally on Vudu and other retailers.
I paid 30 bucks....yeah there are rich

In the end it will help them but for sure less people in the future will love the show because its not on the biggest streaming network and lose money off other opportunities. Unless we get a sequel show/rebot or something that is getting millions of eyes its going to be hard to top the amount of new fans Netflixs was getting the Office.

Anyone watch The Office Superfan Episodes yet?

I've been re-watching The Office on Comedy Central recently the superfan cuts are very interesting to me

*waits till they find their way on YouTube*

Reactions: Nick
Saved by the Bell renewed for season 2.

Peacock is over performing and new numbers will be released in the next two weeks. Comcast is extremely happy with the retention and return rate. They are abundantly joyous and think that the olympics will put them way ahead of where they planned to be

Be honest quinnmac, are you Brian Roberts? Seems like you're always pimping this service. ;)
Honestly. :lol: I don't know anyone who uses more than to just check to see if something they may want to watch is on there (the answer is normally no) and certainly don't know anyone who actually subscribes to a paying subscription.

When a ton of Universal's library can be found on Hulu, HBO Max, Netflix, and other services, Peacock just isn't even worth checking most of the time.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I honestly surprise that Peacock is growing so well, I haven't used it for months because I'm knocking it off with my HBO Max. However, much of Universal content is distributed through various streaming platforms, that it isn't worth checking out most of the time except BTTF and Jurassic Park.

Be honest quinnmac, are you Brian Roberts? Seems like you're always pimping this service. ;)

I wish I was. Living it up with that Philly cable money.!

Out of all the services, the content on Peacock appeals way more. Additionally, projects that go to Universal/Peacock have the ability to go to the parks a lot easier than outside properties and the only way to get top talent is if this service is a success so it’s a two way thing in which Peacock’s success benefits other things.

Reactions: RevFreako
Saved by the Bell renewed for season 2.

Peacock is over performing and new numbers will be released in the next two weeks. Comcast is extremely happy with the retention and return rate. They are abundantly joyous and think that the olympics will put them way ahead of where they planned to be
So about the Olympics... It seems as if they have been cancelled internally with an announcement coming soon.

Reactions: Grabnar
While I would have certainly expected changes from the norm, the Olympics could pretty easily operate in a bubble, and I'd expect that most athletes from developed nations would be able to be vaccinated by then (if they want to be, and I'd make their entry into the games conditional upon that). All major/professional sports are already or will be operating. I don't see any reason why the Olympics couldn't, just from a health standpoint.

Now, is it worth the expense for Japan without spectators? That would be the only explanation I could envision if it ends up being cancelled.

Bad news for NBC if they have to fill another chunk of the summer with junk programming because of no Olympics.