Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You'd think HRRR would be easy to update the song list too considering Universal has a successful music label, but they don't do that. For example, you'd think Pharrell's song "Happy" would be a no-brainer considering it's relationship with Despicable Me, which neighbors HRRR.

The truth is, a lot of people think just because these companies (UOR/Comcast, Disney Parks/TWDC) should be able to integrate things like this a lot easier. However, Uni Parks and NBC television are two completely separate divisions. They do have a decent working relationship, but it does make it hard as there's a wall that has to be broken through to even get the ball rolling.

But as said before, he could've already filmed enough to have multiple ride profiles at the rides launch. However, considering Uni hasn't said anything that would lead me to believe that, i'm not holding my breath on that one. I'll see when the ride opens.

Comcast let Universal music Group to get the deal approved for merger. Vivendi owns UMG not Comcast so makes sense why it's so hard. However The parks and NBCUniversal share the same leadership chain which is why certain things like TWD and other stuff Universal doesn't own they get permission from. I.E the EP for the Walking Dead who owns majority of the show rights also has 5 shows in production for Universal hints why we see TWD in the park. Same thing which why the TV and film are also 100% separate you see crossovers.

Star Tours also has the unique element of the jump to light speed where they can change the video easily.

Sure- Jimmy's could have been just as easy as well though. No clue how this ride will go- but say you start in the studio (pick from 3) and start out there then open a door and have a new scene (pick from 4) then you spin around to a street and it's another scene (pick 3). The logistics are extremely simple for making clean transitions.
Granted, I don't think they did or will do that, it'll just be consecutive. But since y'all mentioned the possibility- they definitely missed out on an opportunity there for reridability. Filming 10-12 scenes and working in just 3-4 per ride would have been brilliant.

In other news- look at the break scenes for Soarin'- it just goes to a new scene, and it's still a great ride (although that soundtrack truly made that ride).

Universal needs a ride they can theme to Christmas/Halloween etc. Maybe this is it.

I've given up on that when the easiest attraction that they can do a seasonal layover for (cough cough Shrek) hasn't had one in its 13 plus years in the park.

The exterior looks fantastic, and should make New York feel more cohesive...

... but I still have no hope that this attraction will give me anything I can't already get in Minion Mayhem or The Simpsons Ride!

Well the projection system will probably be better than on Simpsons, which is easily the worst on property...It will probably be more immersive than Minions as well...I'm looking forward to it

Reactions: tielo and belloq87
Well the projection system will probably be better than on Simpsons, which is easily the worst on property...It will probably be more immersive than Minions as well...I'm looking forward to it

Fair enough! I hope lots of people enjoy it (and I hope I find some things to enjoy in it).

I think this will be a nice filler attraction. It won't be the 'must see' attraction but it will be the 'oh that looks fun' ride for many. Based on some of the concepts I have seen for potential ride systems there is a pretty good chance for a pretty cool 'reveal' moment at the beginning of the ride that will make it unique to the other screen attractions.

For example, Simpson's has a great reveal as the vehicle rises along with the video to create a nice unique sensation as your environment changes.

Personally, that reveal moment to start the ride will make or break the attraction for me. If it is simply a 'glide out' into a screen similar to Sorin I will be disappointed because the ride wouldn't be unique. However, if you start in a studio that completely transforms into a screen environment than the ride will have something incredibly special and unique.

We will find out soon enough. Any word on opening? Spring or Summer?

In another thing to point out, it's not like they'd be easily able to do new jokes/things for RtNY easily. I'd even say it'd cost as much as adding a Star Tours destination, as it'd have to change a lot of elements seen in the original ride footage alongside having Fallon and his crew contracted to write new segments and to probably film them off-site and not at the main studio.

In a sense, I could see it as a yearly thing but I don't think it'd be something that they can change every month.

Depending on the setup, they could make the first scene fairly easy to change. If they set the first scene at a live taping of the show they can refilm that any time they want. Make the opening of the ride that we are going to a live taping of the show. Jimmy comes out, tells a couple jokes, then takes up on an adventure. They couldn't splice out individual jokes, but the setup for the ride and first scene shouldn't require much to change.

Star Tours also has the unique element of the jump to light speed where they can change the video easily.

I think they can use the subways or crashing through buildings as the transitions. Just at those moments have it be completely dark for a couple seconds or just the same scene similar to the light speed jump.