Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jimmy is on Ellen today talking about the new ride. He said he wanted it to be like Soarin' at Disney but with NY. I'm sure Universal is loving that choice of words. He also says it's a VR simulator but I think he's just a little mixed up between 3D and VR. Starts at 2:10

I hope the ride is as funny as it looks.
I honestly think she may not remember it.
I've read that she's never even ridden it.

Another 3-D ride.

I was hoping this wouldn't be.

So In 2018 Studios will have:

Terminator 2:3-D
Shred 4-D
Minion Mayhem 3-D
Fallon 3-D
Transformers 3-D
Fast N Furious 3-D
Gringotts 3-D

Too much. Way too much.
They need to cut those first two imo. Maybe Minions too if they feel like they want to do better elsewhere like Site B.

Reactions: Cheezbat
They need to cut those first two imo. Maybe Minions too if they feel like they want to do better elsewhere like Site B.

I agree with you for shrek and T2, even though shrek sometimes has bit of a long wait. But minions... that ride has a line of AT LEAST an hour. Its way too popular.

I am waiting till Universal confirms that Fallon is in 3D or not, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it in 3D. I would think though with USH dropping 3D on FJ that'd be a sign for Fallon to potentially not have it, as I would think that it'd be brought up on multiple surveys of people's growing concerns with 3D attractions.

They dropped 3D on Fj in hollywood :jaw: i never knew

I am waiting till Universal confirms that Fallon is in 3D or not, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it in 3D. I would think though with USH dropping 3D on FJ that'd be a sign for Fallon to potentially not have it, as I would think that it'd be brought up on multiple surveys of people's growing concerns with 3D attractions.

Jimmy says 3D here (About 30secs):

But it could be out of context.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
I'm waiting till they actually post the restrictions for the attraction publicly.

I think that would be wise. After his performance on Ellen, I think he's really not sure what he can and can't say still and is just saying anything.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the guy, you've got this ride coming out that you're heavily involved with and you can't talk about it but want to tell everybody plus it's your job to promote it but you've got your mouth taped shut.

Last edited:
Agree about DM. They could do so much better than an early 90's simulator for this franchise.

Logistically, let's say they do replace it with a full land in the new park. Do they wait until the park is open before closing it and thus freeing up some prime real estate for a new ride and to get some attention back to the current resort or do they jump straight into it knowing a replacement is coming soon.

Reactions: Mike S
Logistically, let's say they do replace it with a full land in the new park. Do they wait until the park is open before closing it and thus freeing up some prime real estate for a new ride and to get some attention back to the current resort or do they jump straight into it knowing a replacement is coming soon.
The first option you present is basically what Disney is doing with Star Tours.

The second option seems more like something Universal would do :lol: