Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hopefully by 3d he means "so realistic that if feels 3d". I think by now Universal could sell unique designed 3d glasses that can work for each ride and all you have to do is walk a few feet from each other.
If the 3D glasses weren't so expensive to make, I'm sure Universal would be all over it.

When I worked attractions there, we were (and they still are) under a lot of pressure by management not to let a single pair of glasses escape the building. The reason why? They cost $12 to make PER PAIR (at least at the time).

If the 3D glasses weren't so expensive to make, I'm sure Universal would be all over it.

When I worked attractions there, we were (and they still are) under a lot of pressure by management not to let a single pair of glasses escape the building. The reason why? They cost $12 to make PER PAIR (at least at the time).

That's crazy they cost so much.

Are they tagged so an alarm goes off when somebody tries to steal one? I can't remember if I heard an attendant say that or not and if they did, whether is was actually true.

Reactions: Mike S

Are they tagged so an alarm goes off when somebody tries to steal one? I can't remember if I heard an attendant say that or not and if they did, whether is was actually true.
They are tagged, but it's only gps. They never actually find them once they're gone (nor do they try).

Reactions: Mike S
They also staff a person at the exit to watch for glasses and take them if the alarm goes off. If you consider minimum wage and a conservative estimate of 8 hours per day they are spending around $25k a year to ensure the glasses aren't stolen.

They also staff a person at the exit to watch for glasses and take them if the alarm goes off. If you consider minimum wage and a conservative estimate of 8 hours per day they are spending around $25k a year to ensure the glasses aren't stolen.
And think of all the attractions they need to staff, too.

Like, almost half of universals attractions are 3D. It doesn't seem like they're not all lover it. I'm pretty sure everyone here is concerned with universal making another attraction WITH 3D glasses since almost every ride, if not all rides recently, are being made with some type of 3D. Universal sure didn't make it obvious that 3D was costly.

Hopefully by 3d he means "so realistic that if feels 3d". I think by now Universal could sell unique designed 3d glasses that can work for each ride and all you have to do is walk a few feet from each other.

Problem is not all the 3D is the same process. I would pay for prescription 3D if they worked on everything everywhere

Reactions: Joel

It looks so nice, but i have a few critiques. I would have wanted the entire show building to be covered with the facade, and lastly is that Comcast logo. I know that when a company pays for something or provides something, they want a little part in the project. The same thing happens at Epcot. when the firework show finishes and guest are walking out of the park, in big bright holographic letters you can see the company logo on the ball. :rolleyes: This just bothers me because I feel like they are just trying to get involved in some good authentic work. I don't really like it when companies that give money for a project or provide something decide to put their name on it. I feel like it makes it less authentic and more a deal for a deal thing. UNLESS the Comcast logo is supposed to be there, and the late night show does take place in that building. In that case Sorry.

Scare zone: Evil Corporate Wasteland

Angry managers and money hungry board members haunt the streets of the Central Business District. Maybe you'll see an unhappy customer threatening an Indian call center employee over the phone.
Ironically HOS did a house called Corporate Nightmare back in 2004 haha

I was thinking more of a gangster scare zone or something with cool projection mapping in those windows...The look slick

I'm starting to think that it would have looked like a hospital if they wrapped the facade all the way around....Here is why I am not in charge haha