Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It looks so nice, but i have a few critiques. I would have wanted the entire show building to be covered with the facade, and lastly is that Comcast logo. I know that when a company pays for something or provides something, they want a little part in the project. The same thing happens at Epcot. when the firework show finishes and guest are walking out of the park, in big bright holographic letters you can see the company logo on the ball. :rolleyes: This just bothers me because I feel like they are just trying to get involved in some good authentic work. I don't really like it when companies that give money for a project or provide something decide to put their name on it. I feel like it makes it less authentic and more a deal for a deal thing. UNLESS the Comcast logo is supposed to be there, and the late night show does take place in that building. In that case Sorry.
Agreed on the part where it should cover the whole facade. It looks a bit odd just where it just transitions from building facade to dull soundstage

Agreed on the part where it should cover the whole facade. It looks a bit odd just where it just transitions from building facade to dull soundstage
It's supposed to look like a skyscraper though... if the building stretched further horizontally rather than vertically, the effect would be lost completely (and it's not even all there as-is).

That's crazy they cost so much.

Are they tagged so an alarm goes off when somebody tries to steal one? I can't remember if I heard an attendant say that or not and if they did, whether is was actually true.
They aren't the cheap polarized ones like at movie theaters. these use a shift in the wavelength of the color spectrum which the glasses correct. The result is a picture thats brighter, less prone to crosstalk, and more realistic 3D. The downside is the expense of the glasses which is why few theaters do it (Dolby 3D is the same system, used at Star Tours).

Reactions: Mike S
They aren't the cheap polarized ones like at movie theaters. these use a shift in the wavelength of the color spectrum which the glasses correct. The result is a picture thats brighter, less prone to crosstalk, and more realistic 3D. The downside is the expense of the glasses which is why few theaters do it (Dolby 3D is the same system, used at Star Tours).
The glasses aren't even used at all Universal 3D attractions (but at most).

I know that Shrek and T2 use the flimsy ones like at MuppetVision. I think the rest of the rides all use Dolby 3D (Transformers, DM, Gringotts, Spidey, Kong). I'd guess that Fallon and F&F will also use the Dolby glasses, as will new rides at WDW like Flight of Passage and the SW Battle Attraction.

FJ in USH also used the Dolby 3D glasses before 3D was removed.

Since this is confirmed to basically be Soarin', I really hope it doesn't have the issue that Around the World has. We had really bad seats (far right) last time and the images were so distorted, everyone riding for the first time with me was wondering why the Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal were bent. Soarin' Over Cali didn't have this issue?

Reactions: Speed and Mike S
Since this is confirmed to basically be Soarin', I really hope it doesn't have the issue that Around the World has. We had really bad seats (far right) last time and the images were so distorted, everyone riding for the first time with me was wondering why the Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal were bent. Soarin' Over Cali didn't have this issue?
I don't think this is confirmed that much to be that. Yes, it will be a flying theatre, but at the same time it should be a different experience than Soarin' in that you start as a studio audience and then pick up.

The short of it comes down to that I don't think Jimmy really knows what he's talking about. He's just excited and wants to talk about it.

The seating arrangement isn't as weird as soarin, so there shouldnt be any major distortion. And in Soarin over Cali, there were a couple of distortions as well, in the hot air balloon scene its very noticeable.

Also, the ride film for fallon should be a lot more fluid, unlike soarin's random cuts.

I don't mind the "random cuts" in Soarin'. I think it fits the attraction just fine and the cuts in Around the World don't bother me any more than the Over Cali version's cuts did.

I don't think this is confirmed that much to be that. Yes, it will be a flying theatre, but at the same time it should be a different experience than Soarin' in that you start as a studio audience and then pick up.

The short of it comes down to that I don't think Jimmy really knows what he's talking about. He's just excited and wants to talk about it.

I rode soarin too long ago, and I don't really like to say it but it might be my favorite ride EVER. I rode it and it was so realistic, but when I say realistic I mean REALISTIC. Every thing about the ride was breathtaking. I couldn't believe a ride could be so amazing. I really hope Fallon is close to that. I honestly don't think it will be because of the whole experience Intended for you to have. But I really hope the ride is good.

The seating arrangement isn't as weird as soarin, so there shouldnt be any major distortion. And in Soarin over Cali, there were a couple of distortions as well, in the hot air balloon scene its very noticeable.

Also, the ride film for fallon should be a lot more fluid, unlike soarin's random cuts.

The cuts actually made me scream. No joke, I was scared during the ride for the next cut because they caught me so off guard. The kite on the Great Wall and the falcon got me real good. People where even looking. :lol:

Reactions: UNIrd and WAJAS
It's supposed to look like a skyscraper though... if the building stretched further horizontally rather than vertically, the effect would be lost completely (and it's not even all there as-is).

TBH, the building looks like the skyscraper was cut more than half its "original" size :lol:

Last edited:
I don't want them to continue the Comcast building facade...I was hoping they'd add other 'skyscraper' facades next to it to cover the building. It really would work better.

Reactions: Mike S
Speaking of buildings, you know which one looks real ugly. image.jpeg
The colors are way too bright. USJ has the same building, but the teal on theirs is darker and the gold is darker as well. It looks more reality over their, but here it looks like a toy building.
image.jpeg
I think that building should be done like the one in USJ, while Fallon is being done. IMO I think the area would look more realistic.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 5
The cuts actually made me scream. No joke, I was scared during the ride for the next cut because they caught me so off guard. The kite on the Great Wall and the falcon got me real good. People where even looking. :lol:

The stupid whale in the new version made me scream. :lol: