Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think you're going to get a better feel for what the general theme park public think of Fallon than this (Skip to 4mins):

Comments

More info on the ride starting at 8mins too.

I'm guessing he didn't get chewed out for the Soarin comment as he mentioned it again :lol: and I think we can safely say 3D is confirmed now.

He also mentioned opening March/April.

New info aside, I have to say that as irritating as I can find him when interviewing people, in a casual interview like this and interacting randomly with fans, he comes across very well and seems like a cool guy.

Last edited:
I was kind of guessing it would open in that time frame. I had booked Portofino & Sapphire for April 29-May 12th (most of the good on site rooms are booked full in the spring except for those two weeks), so it's probably looking good. Now all I'll need is an early soft open for Volcano Bay, and I'll be set on the new stuff. :)

Last edited:
I don't think you're going to get a better feel for what the general theme park public think of Fallon than this (Skip to 4mins):

Comments

I'm guessing he didn't get chewed out for the Soarin comment as he mentioned it again :lol: and I think we can safely say 3D is confirmed now.

New info aside, I have to say that as irritating as I can find him when interviewing people, in a casual interview like this and interacting randomly with fans, he comes across very well and seems like a cool guy.
I was just going to skip to the ride part but I got hooked and watched all of it. From that I already know he'll be there happily greeting people when the ride first opens. Really cool guy.

Comments

That was awesome. And he does seem like a genuinely really nice guy.

One thing I did notice- he high fives and shakes a dozen or so people's hands then during the next question wipes that same hand on his mouth then proceeds to touch his phone which is what he'll use all day even after washing his hands.

If anyone wanted to see how germs are spread... :D

Reactions: Scott W.
Love his interactions with the tram tours. Anyway, this attraction is really shaping up. Twister died so it could live so it better be good.

Reactions: Scott W. and Mike S

So the update is pretty much everything Jimmy Fallon said in the FB live video. I feel like it would have been a good idea to reference that so that the context of the new information is clear, especially when focusing in on details. I mean all of this is as accurate as Soarin' being in Adventureland.:lol:

So the update is pretty much everything Jimmy Fallon said in the FB live video. I feel like it would have been a good idea to reference that so that the context of the new information is clear, especially when focusing in on details. I mean all of this is as accurate as Soarin' being in Adventureland.:lol:
Fixed it, never got around to watching the video so I didn't know

Reactions: Mike S
Fixed it, never got around to watching the video so I didn't know
Well I was really referring more to the blog post. I'm sure the info is fairly accurate, but without a source most people would just assume it was taken from press releases or something not an excited Jimmy Fallon talking on FB live.

I feel like Jimmy has most of his ducks in a row when it comes to what the ride is about, it's just not his sole focus so he's scratching parts of his brain he doesn't normally use to find the information and it comes up a little shaky so you have to sort of dissect it to find what he truly means (example - "it's like Soain' in Disney adventureland" - clearly he meant California Adventure, he's just not well versed in Theme Park).

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
Will it really be like Soarin?

My last impression was that it was a large platform on a motion base. Essentially what we'd consider a simulator but not enclosed.

Also, before I rode Soarin I had a very difficult time understanding what it was physically based on descriptions of the ride.

So maybe this falls into the same gray area.

Also, before I rode Soarin I had a very difficult time understanding what it was physically based on descriptions of the ride.

So maybe this falls into the same gray area.
Based on everything i've heard, this will be slightly different than Soarin' in that you will start out on the set of his show in 30 Rock and then race around NYC. With loading being from the second floor as someone said, that makes sense that it would be able to work that way.

Reactions: Mike S
That's where I'm lost.

Show audiences are raked/tiered so entering from the second floor makes sense to me, but where it goes from there is where I'm confused.

Seating, show set... show set pulls away and reveals screen... and, we move?

Are we buckled in at all?

Reactions: universal_fanatic