Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 163 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm actually looking forward to seeing the reactions to the ride more than seeing the ride itself.

I still think they could've done more with this space. They could've used this for a two story dark ride like SLoP was supposed to be. Even an indoor wild mouse like the Scooby Doo ride in Movie World would've been better than another simulator.

Ratings matter.
Yep. And so he joins the fray.....And it did make for a funnier & more interesting monologue than his usual......As the old saying & song goes, "Bring on the clowns" :).....I've been watching the old Johnny Carson Tonight shows on Antenna TV. I had forgotten how much he made fun of the White House. It was pretty much constant.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the reactions to the ride more than seeing the ride itself.

I still think they could've done more with this space. They could've used this for a two story dark ride like SLoP was supposed to be. Even an indoor wild mouse like the Scooby Doo ride in Movie World would've been better than another simulator.

Actually, I think this is the perfect ride system for an attraction of this type and for this IP. Now there's a few attractions at Uni that likely would have been better served not as simulators...

Reactions: BrenRays
HTF just said it's going to suck. :(

I know I saw.....this idea is now

latest

Let me say I was being a little dramatic. But I'll also say this ride will be nothing new. It's another plug and play simulator. Imo I think it'll be "fun" but I also think it won't do Creative any favors as another screen based ride with the same stupid gimmicks of water blasts, simulated free falls, 3d glasses, and some funky food smell. With Disney finally awakening in Orlando after being dormant for what seems like decades.. Oh right it has been, I'd like to see Universal try a little harder is all.

Especially when you look at Disney, Universal isn't even in the same league when it comes to shows.

For the longest time, I've said that the Nemo musical at AK was one of the biggest reasons to visit that park.

Reactions: Coasted
Yep. And so he joins the fray.....And it did make for a funnier & more interesting monologue than his usual......As the old saying & song goes, "Bring on the clowns" :).....I've been watching the old Johnny Carson Tonight shows on Antenna TV. I had forgotten how much he made fun of the White House. It was pretty much constant.
But Colbert doesn't just get ratings because of a monologue... He gets them because of the high profile political guests who appear on his show and because he actually knows how to interview. I don't think Jimmy is really taking political figures on the show currently and he sure as hell doesn't know how to interview them even if he does get them.

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
Especially when you look at Disney, Universal isn't even in the same league when it comes to shows.

For the longest time, I've said that the Nemo musical at AK was one of the biggest reasons to visit that park.
Universal has the rights to a lot of Tony-winning or nominated shows though. The biggest, of course, being Wicked. And they gained quite a few shows with the Dreamworks purchase.

So if they actually wanted to put on a good show, they'd have little trouble doing so.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Talking about converting the space for a "Broadway" type show, with Wicked the movie set for release in 2019, a simulated journey through Oz set to music from the show could be a compelling attraction in the vein of Philharmagic.

Basically running just through the first act gives you the "biggest" songs with a Defying Gravity finale.

Let Jimmy sit for a bit, see what happens long term with his ratings, then film Wicked in 2019 for a 2020 opening.

Makes way more sense for them to promote their less popular musicals like Billy Elliot, Cry-baby Shrek the musical, and best little cathouse in texas than put on Wicked for free. Just saying.

Last edited:
Let me say I was being a little dramatic. But I'll also say this ride will be nothing new. It's another plug and play simulator. Imo I think it'll be "fun" but I also think it won't do Creative any favors as another screen based ride with the same stupid gimmicks of water blasts, simulated free falls, 3d glasses, and some funky food smell. With Disney finally awakening in Orlando after being dormant for what seems like decades.. Oh right it has been, I'd like to see Universal try a little harder is all.
Well, at least Jimmy Fallon isn't the premier expansion of the year and there's also Volcano Bay.