Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 164 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Makes way more sense for them to promote their less popular musicals like Billy Elliot, Cry-baby Shrek the musical, and best little cathouse in texas than put on Wicked for free. Just saying.
You know damn well that "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" isn't going into a theme park strictly because of the name :lol:

Shrek the Musical makes sense as it'll appeal far more to kids (and both boys and girls) than Wicked will imo.

However, Disney puts on their biggest show for free in a theme park setting (Lion King) and they have a "preview" (of sorts) of their next Broadway show running in California Adventure (Frozen.. and of course before that they had Aladdin) so I don't see the difference.

Last edited:
Makes way more sense for them to promote their less popular musicals like Billy Elliot, Cry-baby Shrek the musical, and best little cathouse in texas than put on Wicked for free. Just saying.
Except Wicked will actually get people interested in riding, and with the movie's release be relevant again. The other shows are closed and not touring, so there's no actual incentive to promote them.

So what's up with the lull right now? I keep hearing that softs/TM previews may happen and then not even a squeak. I think the latter did happen but judging from how much we've heard "limited" seems like an understatement.

I guess they're keeping more bullish than we thought they would.

Or maybe it'll just throw open its doors later today unexpectedly. :lol:

Right.

Disney has Pandora with a side of Miss Fortune Falls
Universal has Volcano Bay with a side of Fallon

Thats a ridiculous year for Orlando

2018 is looking to be much more lackluster with each just having a "side"- Still better than most years of late though overall (when you add Disney into the mix).
Reverse of Entree's and Side Dishes. Interesting.

So what's up with the lull right now? I keep hearing that softs/TM previews may happen and then not even a squeak. I think the latter did happen but judging from how much we've heard "limited" seems like an understatement.

I guess they're keeping more bullish than we thought they would.

Or maybe it'll just throw open its doors later today unexpectedly. :lol:
Yes, soooo quiet. Usually something gets leaked by now. What we need is James Comey to head UC. He'd certainly leak the details to the internet sites to make himself look good. ;)

Right.

Disney has Pandora with a side of Miss Fortune Falls
Universal has Volcano Bay with a side of Fallon

Thats a ridiculous year for Orlando
Disney also has Rivers of Light and Happily Ever After, plus places like The Edison opening at Disney Springs. Miss Adventure Falls is actually pretty low on their list of things they'll be advertising.

Reactions: twebber55
Disney also has Rivers of Light and Happily Ever After, plus places like The Edison opening at Disney Springs. Miss Adventure Falls is actually pretty low on their list of things they'll be advertising.

:saywhat:

Yes... I suppose they'll advertise Happily Ever After more. Doesn't mean it won't be a significantly cheaper and worse offering though. :(

:saywhat:

Yes... I suppose they'll advertise Happily Ever After more. Doesn't mean it won't be a significantly cheaper and worse offering though. :(
I'm not saying it will be as good as Wishes but we also don't know yet and will likely depend on personal taste.

What the conversation was about was main offerings (Disney: Pandora, Uni: VB) and side offerings, which was what I was adding to the list. Happily Ever After is meant to be MK's side offering for the year.

Any thoughts if April onsite show taping will interact with the ride / affect access?

e.g. audience members sit in ride 'theatre(s)' watching show being taped (elsewhere), followed by seats launching!!

Or audience get Virtual / Express Pass access once show finished taping. Wish I had thought about tickets.

Last edited:
Any thoughts if April onsite show taping will interact with the ride / affect access?

e.g. audience members sit in ride 'theatre(s)' watching show being taped (elsewhere), followed by seats launching!!

Or audience get Virtual / Express Pass access once show finished taping. Wish I had thought about tickets.
I think there is absolutely no doubt they will be doing something with the ride for the show. My guess is they'll have Jimmy and probably some guests record riding it for the show. They did this last time, they rode some of the rides and did various things throughout the park to include in the show.

Reactions: Coasted