Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One could make the same argument for Tower of Terror or Indiana Jones for Disney.

Most certainly, for me Indiana Jones, WDW's ToT and Spider-Man are Top Tier darkrides which are not only groundbreaking, but they set the Gold Standard for their type of attraction. (Indy for the EMV, ToT for the drop ride and Spiderman for the 4D darkride.)

I would say a Kuka Arm darkride would be able to join that rank, but FJ is NOT it. (Wonky/jumbled as all hell story, pacing issues and weak ending hurt it.)

Reactions: Nick and Mr. EPCOT
anyone else find it kind of creepy that you have this massive black bag covered by a curtain and roped off while two pictures are smiling while looking at you

...hm. I don't want to jump the gun or anything, but I think it's safe to say no soft openings today :lol:

(but seriously I'm shocked this is just at a total standstill atm)

well if everything works perfect then there is really no reason to do a soft open.They may keep it closed off till april
There's always a reason to do a soft open, (or at very least lots of TM previews.) Namely getting the staff used to operating for extended amounts of time, guest flow through, throughput stats, and discovering flaws in operation (not ride operation necessarily, but staff operation and guest experience.)

Plus, the virtual queue thingy will need the kinks worked out. By doing all this before the scheduled open date they're able to close and make changes at any time without complaints, since it's not even supposed to be technically open yet.

Even if it's only for a week at the end of March, I'm sure we'll see some sort of softs before Jimmy comes to town.

Perhaps rectifying safety issue? Steep straight downward stairs - guests looking 'up' at big advert in front, miss a step, ow?

Reactions: wizwit