Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They aren't even necessarily done adding potter to the parks, and that's on top of the two existing areas. I think 2040 is perfectly reasonable for it to still be around.

What's in my head just now is that Universal are adding new attractions at a ridiculous speed. When you take a step back, it's incredible how much they're adding in such a short period of time. What's the plan going to be in 10 years when they might not have any 'old' rides to replace like you have now?

I'm finding it a bit difficult to see a ride remaining for 25 years at the current pace they're building at.

What's in my head just now is that Universal are adding new attractions at a ridiculous speed. When you take a step back, it's incredible how much they're adding in such a short period of time. What's the plan going to be in 10 years when they might not have any 'old' rides to replace like you have now?

I'm finding it a bit difficult to see a ride remaining for 25 years at the current pace they're building at.

They will slow down at some point. They are trying to fix their issues with capacity and outdated non-nostalgia rides. Notice ET is not being touched. They are speeding things up for 2017 and 2018 because of Disney and to a smaller extent Sea World. Because Disney and Sea World are looking to step it up, Uni still wants to be doing more then them. But at some point Disney and Sea World will also fix their issues and slow down. When they all slow down it will probably be Universal adding one new ride a year to every 2 years. Sea World every 2 to 3 years, and Disney every year to 2 years. So key IPs won't be touched as quickly as Twister is being touched. Because they will be the cornerstone of their park moving forward. Rides like Fallon, they will be changed out much faster and those will be the types of rides that go when they need a new ride for a new IP.

Reactions: Blue
i don't think uni is gonna let land lock slow them down when they built transformers people were under the impression universal might become a multi lvl theme park with the first floor in an almost always night time feel and if you think about it universal looks way better at night then day

i don't think uni is gonna let land lock slow them down when they built transformers people were under the impression universal might become a multi lvl theme park with the first floor in an almost always night time feel and if you think about it universal looks way better at night then day

I don't think literally anyone thought that.

Uni's being landlocked is absolutely a problem they're working to solve. Some of that happens by replacing dead weight attractions (i.e. KidZone, eventually Toon Lagoon). In a decade or so, it may mean a third gate in a separate plot of land.

Reactions: Nick
I don't think literally anyone thought that.

Uni's being landlocked is absolutely a problem they're working to solve. Some of that happens by replacing dead weight attractions (i.e. KidZone, eventually Toon Lagoon). In a decade or so, it may mean a third gate in a separate plot of land.

I really hope that if a 3rd gate is added, it's within walking distance of the current parks. After going to Disneyland a few months ago, I think that their set up is far superior to WDW.

This is the second thread I've seen you post really strange rumors . Don't believe every thing you hear In the cafeteria.

Reactions: floridakid and Nick
not really when transformers came out there was a rumored multi floor theme park trying to get passed which is prob the poler coaster again and people where looking for where universal could expand and someone said up dont remember if it was in a forum or a newsy type of page

not really when transformers came out there was a rumored multi floor theme park trying to get passed which is prob the poler coaster again and people where looking for where universal could expand and someone said up dont remember if it was in a forum or a newsy type of page
Even if this was something you may have heard in passing, it was never a real thing.

srry just remembered that was something i came up with for a side project i was trying to get into model building at the time and was trying to come up with a dream concept park with a mix of universal and disney rides the first floor was gonna be an always nigh time area with lots of neon and the top lvl where gonna be fantasy land of the past present and future my mistake although the project failed badly i did start building computers and that became my hobby instead again srry it was almost 4 years ago

srry just remembered that was something i came up with for a side project i was trying to get into model building at the time and was trying to come up with a dream...

This isn't the thread for that deathcab. This is an attraction that is being built. It will be a giant tipping floor and massive projected screen.

Perhaps you should post your ideas in the attractions idea thread.

They will slow down at some point. They are trying to fix their issues with capacity and outdated non-nostalgia rides. Notice ET is not being touched. They are speeding things up for 2017 and 2018 because of Disney and to a smaller extent Sea World. Because Disney and Sea World are looking to step it up, Uni still wants to be doing more then them. But at some point Disney and Sea World will also fix their issues and slow down. When they all slow down it will probably be Universal adding one new ride a year to every 2 years. Sea World every 2 to 3 years, and Disney every year to 2 years. So key IPs won't be touched as quickly as Twister is being touched. Because they will be the cornerstone of their park moving forward. Rides like Fallon, they will be changed out much faster and those will be the types of rides that go when they need a new ride for a new IP.

The parks will always have room for improvement and there's ways to keep the park fresh without building new E-tickets. New parades, new nighttime shows, new daytime entertainment, attraction enhancements and refreshes, etc.

The parks will always have room for improvement and there's ways to keep the park fresh without building new E-tickets. New parades, new nighttime shows, new daytime entertainment, attraction enhancements and refreshes, etc.
Yes, but rapid expansion as we are currently seeing will not be something that sticks around forever. They are doing this now because there is a lot of underutilized space in the parks currently. Once they fill out the parks, additions/replacements will come slower.

Reactions: IzzyB
i have a really really stupid question

why dont they just add more land by putting concrete on the lagoon at Studios and making more rides and expansions there?
...... is the answer really stupid and I just dont see it? do they need that water there for a reason? in case of a fire?

I mean... there is So Much Land in the center of the park...

Same goes for Islands of Adventure... they could put 30 rides in the space all that water takes. They could fit two entire lands (one at each park)
I am asking this on the risk that I will sound stupid as hell...but, why do both parks have a lagoon in the middle?

why dont they just add more land by putting concrete on the lagoon at Studios and making more rides and expansions there?
...... is the answer really stupid and I just dont see it? do they need that water there for a reason? in case of a fire?

Same goes for Islands of Adventure... they could put 30 rides in the space all that water takes. They could fit two entire lands (one at each park)
I am asking this on the risk that I will sound stupid as hell...but, why do both parks have a lagoon in the middle?

Thats actually a great question. I dont see a problem with them doing it at the Studios but at islands, when they empty the water from Popeyes, the water drains into the lake.

I've always had this same thought. They could cut a bit off near Transformers, make the lagoon smaller, and it would actually be a win all around.

Right now the Lagoon is a weird shape for nighttime shows. If the reshaped it by filling part of it in, they could create a smaller lagoon which would allow for easier viewing of whatever show would run there.

Universal Studios shouldn't have a Lagoon. Just doesn't make logistical sense. Hopefully they do decide to make a smaller footprint with the lagoon or no lagoon at all at USF.

Lagoon at IOA does separate all of the islands with inlets but it does give it that feel of being in the middle of an adventure. IOA was designed that way. They are not surrounded by water completely, but Suess, Lost Continent, JP, Toon Lagoon, Marvel, Port of Entry all have water separation to some extent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky Planet