Reedy Creek Improvement District | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Reedy Creek Improvement District

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe this is true as well. Perhaps RCID will be tweaked a bit, but I'm in the boat that this will go nowhere
I can get behind a tweak that might prevent RCID from creating Nuclear Plants, but I don't see what else would be worth changing.

Trying not to get more political, but the whole idea of punishing Orange and Osceola counties with additional debt may even be part of the plans of the governor and legislature. Politically these counties were never his supporters and our representatives are in the minority in the legislature. The current position of that party is to punish anyone who doesn't agree with them at any cost.

I have pondered the same thing.

I wonder whether Disney will reply to this break of trust with the state of Florida by announcing the end of discounted pricing for Florida residents effective June 2023. After all, these agreements went both ways. With elections coming up, that may create an election backlash from Florida voters that is statewide, not just local to Orlando..

I wonder whether Disney will reply to this break of trust with the state of Florida by announcing the end of discounted pricing for Florida residents effective June 2023. After all, these agreements went both ways. With elections coming up, that may create an election backlash from Florida voters that is statewide, not just local to Orlando..
How does that hurt those that brought this law?

How does that hurt those that brought this law?

Yeah if I were Disney I would do everything in my power to avoid hurting consumers right now.

What I might do is lie and say that getting rid of Reedy Creek will force the company to get rid of preferential pricing for Florida residents. Cast it as a problem with the big, mean government forcing poor old Disney to raise its prices (not that Disney ever needed the excuse, but hey).

Reactions: JoeCamel
Yeah if I were Disney I would do everything in my power to avoid hurting consumers right now.

What I might do is lie and say that getting rid of Reedy Creek will force the company to get rid of preferential pricing for Florida residents. Cast it as a problem with the big, mean government forcing poor old Disney to raise its prices (not that Disney ever needed the excuse, but hey).
Don't give them ideas.

my guess is disney will sit back quietly waiting untill 1-2 months before elections. then give desantis opponent a tone of screen time possibly even before Thor. making it easier for desantis to lose.In the end they will still prob give money to both parties but no longer to him.

Or the Disney board fires Chapek and makes nice with the state behind the scenes to make this go away. He has completely botched this whole situation every step of the way. They literally would have better off never saying anything than what they've done.

Reactions: shiekra38
Or the Disney board fires Chapek and makes nice with the state behind the scenes to make this go away. He has completely botched this whole situation every step of the way. They literally would have better off never saying anything than what they've done.
Personally I think Chappie is gone regardless

I'm always curious how he keeps himself standing up-right with no spine

Reactions: Skold
They don’t need to fire him. His contract expires next February. They could just not renew.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Chapek contract not renewed

Daddy D and new CEO come to an agreement "magically" of course

Fifth Gate Nuclear Plant experience is cancelled (finally)

Mardi Gras is extended 9 more months at Universal

Those are my predictions

Also, here is a fun video on Reedy Creek's history

Reactions: GA-MBIT
So, another aspect has been brought up with the whole situation, Florida promised the bondholders they wouldn't dissolve RCID, which opens up a whole 'nother can of worms if they try handling all the bonds for a chance of doing so.

It's brought up that even if they did try paying off all the bonds, one of them is actually prohibited from being redeemed until Oct. 2029. Considering they would have to take care of all bonds amongst everything else pointed out, this really is a case of not doing any research before moving forward.