Reedy Creek Improvement District | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Reedy Creek Improvement District

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Now, DeSantis and other interested parties are asking that a judge dismisses the refiled lawsuit.

--

Interestingly, the motion from DeSantis also seems to indicate that a dissolution of the Reedy Creek Improvement District may not even happen. Here’s the interesting part of their argument (emphasis added), “…complaint utterly fails to identify sufficient ultimate facts showing how the potential dissolution of the Reedy Creek Improvement District pursuant to state law — assuming such dissolution were to occur — could plausibly infringe on their rights as taxpayers.”

Reactions: MrRoamer
You're telling me this whole thing was a waste of time and a cynical ploy by DeSantis to increase his profile? Can't be.

Actually, I can't even blame DeSantis here, it was a savvy political move. I reserve most of the blame for this episode for Disney. They waded into this mess completely unprompted and offered mealy-mouthed statements of non-opposition even when it became clear they had to push back.

You're telling me this whole thing was a waste of time and a cynical ploy by DeSantis to increase his profile? Can't be.

Actually, I can't even blame DeSantis here, it was a savvy political move. I reserve most of the blame for this episode for Disney. They waded into this mess completely unprompted and offered mealy-mouthed statements of non-opposition even when it became clear they had to push back.
Of course it was. It was a reactionary response to try and "punish" Disney. I doubt DeSantis looked into it, so he didn't realize that it would actually help Disney and hurt tax payers. Now they're going to try and sweep it under the rug.

RIP Disney PR guy, you leaked the Guardians opening, tagged the wrong Epcot, then blundered this.

Lol
Wow and just like that he gets all the credit for fighting “woke” Disney but nothing happens
Nothing has changed

Universal was the real winner in all of this

Of course it was. It was a reactionary response to try and "punish" Disney. I doubt DeSantis looked into it, so he didn't realize that it would actually help Disney and hurt tax payers. Now they're going to try and sweep it under the rug.

He should be well aware that Disney is perfectly capable of destroying themselves...what an amateur

Universal was the real winner in all of this

I'm not sure that's something worth celebrating since they've also donated to politicians responsible for this mess. They're just lucky I guess that they're not as big of a household name the same way Disney is when it comes to parks. The media is far more likely to report on Disney since that's the company that gets the clicks.

Reactions: n i c k
I'm not sure that's something worth celebrating since they've also donated to politicians responsible for this mess. They're just lucky I guess that they're not as big of a household name the same way Disney is when it comes to parks. The media is far more likely to report on Disney since that's the company that gets the clicks.
They were pressured on social media to "say something" and they didn't get into it. I think that's commendable for them taking the high road, it's really not their place to speak on public education.

As far as donations, companies donate to the powers that be all the time, it's nothing new

Starbucks and Tesla donate to things I don't like all the time, but I still have stock in them and buy from them (well Starbucks anyway, I can't afford a rocket)

Chapek tried to remain out of it, but allowed himself to be pressured by LGBT activists groups, and ended up pissing off everyone and making a fool of himself

If anything it proved that he has no spine

Clearly nobody cared either way, because his numbers continue to be phenomenal

I said from the beginning that it isn’t actually a punishment and would have serious ramifications on the county. Looks like it took them six months to figure out what I knew in six seconds.

Reactions: MrRoamer
One writers opinion is what I read
The BlogMickey article is citing an article in Variety, which I posted. Variety doesn't go around posting things they haven't double and triple verified.

From the Variety article:
The plan – as it has since come into focus – involves adding state appointees to sit alongside Disney’s representatives on the district’s governing board. The district will be recreated, with a few cosmetic changes, allowing it to function essentially unchanged.

Disney will soon have a decision to make: Can it live with that? Or does it want to fight? If it does fight, it will have to assess whether it is still powerful enough in Florida to win.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The BlogMickey article is citing an article in Variety, which I posted. Variety doesn't go around posting things they haven't double and triple verified.

From the Variety article:
The plan – as it has since come into focus – involves adding state appointees to sit alongside Disney’s representatives on the district’s governing board. The district will be recreated, with a few cosmetic changes, allowing it to function essentially unchanged.

Disney will soon have a decision to make: Can it live with that? Or does it want to fight? If it does fight, it will have to assess whether it is still powerful enough in Florida to win.

okay, we see come June

Reactions: Nick
okay, we see come June
I mean, it's not really about if Disney can fight it and try and stop it because of course they can. It's more of is it worth it for them to go through that trouble at this point when it looks like the planned changes to the district would be minimal anyway?

We'll see what happens. The more I hear, especially lately, the more I think Disney is just gonna let this happen.

I mean, it's not really about if Disney can fight it and try and stop it because of course they can. It's more of is it worth it for them to go through that trouble at this point when it looks like the planned changes to the district would be minimal anyway?

We'll see what happens. The more I hear, especially lately, the more I think Disney is just gonna let this happen.
I don't think they will cede the Sudetenlands to the state and let it roll, too much lobbying to get to this point.