Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

Incredible:

“Disney is being responsible (distancing!)”

“it’s good business”

“MUH 50th!”

It is what it is, but guests should be upset that there’s a new attraction purposefully being held on ice, and shareholder should be upset that an asset is not being utilized. Even the crepe stand is being held back.
As I said, I’m of both mindsets. I think it actually think from purely a business POV, it’s a good business decision, but am I happy as a fan? Absolutely not.

Nothing is usually all that black and white for me. I deal in both/and, not either/or scenarios. Although if the fact that I live in Orlando and it isn’t screwing with travel plans (and frankly don’t even care when it opens) isn’t changing the way I view this I’d be lying.

Maybe I’m just becoming a less enthusiastic fan of the parks altogether. I don’t have an AP to any park anymore with no plans to get one. If Velocicoaster and Iron Gwazi were held until next year would I be slightly annoyed? Sure but like, I would get it and just not care all that much.

I think the Pandemic has really made me just stop caring about the parks as much, tbh. I’ve realized I can live very happily without them or engaging much in rumor talk, etc. And the best part is I’m finally taking serious steps in terms of moving out of Orlando. What a freaking soul crushing paper town this whole place is.

I'm assuming this is a John Green Paper Towns reference?
Yeah, but like, the way the book (and movie) talk about Orlando and it’s suburbs is spot on if you’ve lived here long enough.

Honestly, I'm just glad to have an opening date. It gets stressful not knowing.
Yeah, knowing the opening date even if disappointed by it is still nice. I like knowing exact dates.

Is guest feedback positive on this ride in DLP?
Just a one person anecdote. Our good friend from Britain, Mark @UK-Trigg, who has stayed with us, was very positive about the Paris version. He said it was very much fun & entertaining, called it a very good attraction.
Mark also used to be a moderator for one of the UK theme park internet sites and is a good friend of Dave @Disneyhead and Bob Waddington, and did the first mass flyover photos, with Bob, of Diagon Alley. . Mark is
generally pretty demanding on what he expects out of an attraction.

I think the ride at Epcot needs to -- at least partially -- be evaluated with this additional context: it was meant to supplement Cosmic Rewind (intended to be the real mega-attraction) and spread out crowds. It will ultimately still serve that purpose, but not for a while yet.

Disney will still very likely sell the ride as a major draw in itself (given its delay and the delay of multiple other projects across WDW during a major anniversary "celebration"), but it was not originally supposed to take on that weight.

Last edited:
I know it’s the top rated ride at WDSP (which isn’t hard to do), but I think it may be top overall at the resort too.

It’ll be a good addition from what I know, it’s just almost unfair that it’s having to come in right after RotR and MMRR.
I wasn't sure how well received it was over there

I feel like here...in the context of WDW as a whole it might just be met with a "meh"

Ironically, a non theme park friend of mine said their family avoided Epcot like the plague, so maybe Rat will exceed expectations

They also said Rise felt like how Universal has been building rides for the last ten years...and I'm still figuring that comment out lol

The reactions to the opening date on social media were hilarious. Everyone knows it's ready for opening so the reactions are well warranted considering they're just letting it sit there while the other lines get longer. Considering how much lighter summer attendance has gotten in recent years, plus even less inclination to visit due to heat & mask-wearing, I'd say this plan will backfire.

In hindsight it's probably best that this is opening in the Fall.

It would have been absolutely buried in the news cycle by all the new stuff coming from Universal and Disneyland in the coming months.

So having been down to Florida the past weekend and seeing what the crowds look like now, while I wasn't a fan of the decision to open Ratatouille in October...now I think this could be a total misfire. The signs are there, it's gonna' be a very busy Summer. Parks are gonna' need every single attraction/show etc. open to help disperse the crowds, and to not open a brand new ride which is ready to go in a park that's starved for attractions and will most likely be slammed...the business angle doesn't hold up. Nor does the excuse of "Well, the parks are gonna' be busy anyway". That's all the more reason to open up something which'll no doubt suck up the crowds!

The parks are gonna' be busy enough where if you don't have it open, you're missing out and the GSAT's could take a hit because the few attractions that are in the park are straining to carry the weight.

So having been down to Florida the past weekend and seeing what the crowds look like now, while I wasn't a fan of the decision to open Ratatouille in October...now I think this could be a total misfire. The signs are there, it's gonna' be a very busy Summer. Parks are gonna' need every single attraction/show etc. open to help disperse the crowds, and to not open a brand new ride which is ready to go in a park that's starved for attractions and will most likely be slammed...the business angle doesn't hold up. Nor does the excuse of "Well, the parks are gonna' be busy anyway". That's all the more reason to open up something which'll no doubt suck up the crowds!

The parks are gonna' be busy enough where if you don't have it open, you're missing out and the GSAT's could take a hit because the few attractions that are in the park are straining to carry the weight.

Disney don't care. Less time riding rides and more time buying merchandise and food.

Parks are gonna' need every single attraction/show etc. open to help disperse the crowds, and to not open a brand new ride which is ready to go in a park that's starved for attractions and will most likely be slammed...the business angle doesn't hold up. Nor does the excuse of "Well, the parks are gonna' be busy anyway". That's all the more reason to open up something which'll no doubt suck up the crowds!
The “business angle” never really has much to do with “dispersing crowds.” Epcot has a capacity of over 100k - one more ride does diddly.

People are booking the first vacation for this summer because they’re desperate to do literally anything. You hold the ride to give people a reason to book a second vacation. May not like it, but that’s the business angle.

This ride feels like it was dealt a bad hand. They're opening this nearly a decade after the concept was initially conceived, a year after that Ratatouille TikTok craze could have been capitalized on, two years after more competant trackless dark rides in the adjacent park, and in the midst of Universal unveling an innovative show and what is likely one of the world's best roller coasters. It'll definitely drive attendance though, and the plaza looks great from the Skyliner.