Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Good. Cup of Coffee at the end is my fav part of the ride. :rock:
Your FAVORITE part of the ride?? Really? Maybe I'm crazy but aside from nostalgia I don't see how/why people defend the terrible and lackluster ending of the ride. The ending was bad and cringe in 2004 when it opened and now it's become completely incoherent. They had 7 months and the climactic conclusion is still a barren, black room with a blurry tv-screen containing an actor from 20 years ago and gag from a pre-show video no one has seen except fanboys. Even with the knowledge of the pre-show and even when the "hot set" portion of the queue was twice as long and people had the chance to watch it, I still hated it.

Your FAVORITE part of the ride?? Really? Maybe I'm crazy but aside from nostalgia I don't see how/why people defend the terrible and lackluster ending of the ride. The ending was bad and cringe in 2004 when it opened and now it's become completely incoherent. They had 7 months and the climactic conclusion is still a barren, black room with a blurry tv-screen containing an actor from 20 years ago and gag from a pre-show video no one has seen except fanboys. Even with the knowledge of the pre-show and even when the "hot set" portion of the queue was twice as long and people had the chance to watch it, I still hated it.
Yep, love that unexpected change of pace. Hilarious, even though I've experienced it a couple of hundred times. And....I think I have a lot of company of like minded people that didn't want the ending changed.

Have you watched the movies? They are definitely a mix of comedy, action, and light horror elements.

Have you watched the movies? They are definitely a mix of comedy, action, and light horror elements.
I love the movies! I really do. Was in high school when the first one came out and I love it to this day. I like the nods to the 1999 film and I like that they're keeping them. I just think the ending is flat out bad and I disliked it in 2004 when the ride opened. Other than the ending our version of Revenge of the Mummy is still the best of the three and one of my favorite Uni rides. It's a Universal classic and I hope it never leaves.

Yep, love that unexpected change of pace. Hilarious, even though I've experienced it a couple of hundred times. And....I think I have a lot of company of like minded people that didn't want the ending changed.
It's theme park camp now.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mad Dog

I've always considered the "end" to be the fakeout room/dive into fire/saved by the Medjai part. Brendan is just a stinger like MIB and Will Smith.

This ride is the heart and soul of USF (yes, even more than E.T.). It's a rather dull park without it, and I'm so relieved it's almost back, as well as improved. Kick-ass atmosphere from queue to unload, and a thrilling ride that delivers everything you won't find at WDW. To me, it's still the quintessential Universal ride, and without it, I don't think we get Hagrid's or Velocicoaster.

So with TM Previews going, we have to be coming up on the opening soon.

Can't WAIT to see the new projections and lighting!