Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of moving Mummies one in particular is getting some love sometime in the next several months...

What do you guys think about mummy getting a 3D overhaul with the rumors going around about Gringott's.

Would be cheap to do.

In my opinion we don't need anymore 3D in Universal Orlando. Gringotts is coming and I could see T2 being replaced by another 3D concept but that's it. I would like to see a couple new things in the attraction though. Maybe add a new animatronic and some leg ticklers in the beetles part?

Haven't said anything till now on this particular thread but I REALLY like to rant sometimes so here goes: I was just at the Studios last Sunday and got to ride Mummy for the first time since the "upgrades." Right off the bat I noticed the silly and ridiculous Immotep animatronic was not working, typical. I was surprised to see a nice new projector for the "sand face" "effect" in the treasure scene, eh. Then got to the turn around room after the backwards section and noticed this looked just as terrible as ever, although it seemed like there was even more light in this scene which causes you to see a lot of backstage things you shouldnt. I've always thought this ride was a poor excuse for a dark ride, the enhancements added almost nothing. Just my two cents.

Haven't said anything till now on this particular thread but I REALLY like to rant sometimes so here goes: I was just at the Studios last Sunday and got to ride Mummy for the first time since the "upgrades." Right off the bat I noticed the silly and ridiculous Immotep animatronic was not working, typical. I was surprised to see a nice new projector for the "sand face" "effect" in the treasure scene, eh. Then got to the turn around room after the backwards section and noticed this looked just as terrible as ever, although it seemed like there was even more light in this scene which causes you to see a lot of backstage things you shouldnt. I've always thought this ride was a poor excuse for a dark ride, the enhancements added almost nothing. Just my two cents.

Revenge of the Mummy? A poor excuse for a dark ride?

Try the best ride currently in the park.