Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really hope we can see that Brendan Frasier ending put to rest. What a terrible way to end a really good ride.

I really hope we can see that Brendan Frasier ending put to rest. What a terrible way to end a really good ride.

I agree, but I would imagine more people like it than dont, & dont get enough complaints about it to warrant a change. It does get bit annoying though when things are running slow & you have to sit trought it TWICE. Aw well, I still ove his ride. All the wind in your face really helps out on a hot day!

I've always really liked Branden Frasier for whatever reason, and I for one would NOT be down for a complete re-theme for the entire ride so that it fits the new film.

The only good thing about the Brendan Fraser ending is (I assume anyway) he dies. Other than that, get rid of it.

Rode twice, and the first time the turntable scene was much improved, with pretty much nothing visible above the track and screen. Later on, it was back to its old, too well lit state. Maybe an issue of work lights turning on somewhere behind a wall during a ride stop that don't turn off all the time when the restart occurs but bleed through somewhere causing the extra light? The projection wasn't noticeably brighter, no other show lights on, so that's the only thing I can think of.

I would absolutely love to see the layout of this entire ride. Ie...where everything is placed and what showrooms are next to each other etc...some part of me thinks that the turntable scene may get brighter because it is located next to a showroom that is considerably more lit than itself and is causing it to look the way it does.

I would absolutely love to see the layout of this entire ride. Ie...where everything is placed and what showrooms are next to each other etc...some part of me thinks that the turntable scene may get brighter because it is located next to a showroom that is considerably more lit than itself and is causing it to look the way it does.

Nah, it's because of the poorly installed sheet screens and projectors. The track switch scene is lit brightly, but as the first vehicle is roaring up the launch, the second is approaching the track switch, so there is no real problem with light bleeding there. Just ride back row once and keep your head turned around, you'll notice. :thumbs:

Nah, it's because of the poorly installed sheet screens and projectors. The track switch scene is lit brightly, but as the first vehicle is roaring up the launch, the second is approaching the track switch, so there is no real problem with light bleeding there. Just ride back row once and keep your head turned around, you'll notice. :thumbs:

I see! Ok yea looking at the map TylerDurden gave that makes sense! I'll have to do that next time around! :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!!

How long has it been like that? I was there last week and thought he still looked crap.

I love this ride, I really do, but I can't help but feel like there were so many budget cuts during construction. Not to mention the confusing plot line. Are we in a movie, mine, tomb, antique showroom... I don't doubt when the reboot comes out well see a rework where they purge the last movies from the script and come up with something else. The mummy warriors need to move, give us something... The projected animations need to be redone. The new projectors are great but we need a higher resolution animation. I'm not a big fan of the fake unload either. Nothing is really believable about it, and it further confuses the plot. However, my biggest complaint is the anticlimactic ending. The last coaster portion is painfully slow, and the music tries to make it epic, but it can't carry it. Just notice how slow you're moving next time.

I really do love the ride though. Just trying to iron out the wrinkles.

I love this ride, I really do, but I can't help but feel like there were so many budget cuts during construction. Not to mention the confusing plot line. Are we in a movie, mine, tomb, antique showroom... I don't doubt when the reboot comes out well see a rework where they purge the last movies from the script and come up with something else. The mummy warriors need to move, give us something... The projected animations need to be redone. The new projectors are great but we need a higher resolution animation. I'm not a big fan of the fake unload either. Nothing is really believable about it, and it further confuses the plot. However, my biggest complaint is the anticlimactic ending. The last coaster portion is painfully slow, and the music tries to make it epic, but it can't carry it. Just notice how slow you're moving next time.

I really do love the ride though. Just trying to iron out the wrinkles.

So you really love the ride, except for the coaster portion, and the show portion. Got ya.

I love this ride, I really do, but I can't help but feel like there were so many budget cuts during construction. Not to mention the confusing plot line. Are we in a movie, mine, tomb, antique showroom...

SUPPOSEDLY, we are on the set of the new movie "REVENGE OF THE MUMMY" A crew member goes missing, and then... something, something, something... A Medjai symbol saves you? I think? [taps microphone] is this thing on?

Maybe the fact we are supposed to be on a temporary "set" excuses the ridiculous low-budget items, like the pixelated digital print hieroglyph wallpaper on the far side of the load platform.

The mummy warriors need to move, give us something... I'm not a big fan of the fake unload either. Nothing is really believable about it, and it further confuses the plot.

Yeah, the mummy warriors not moving is a bit embarrassing. If you are in the front row, it's not so bad but being in the last row, you get a good view of them and it's just not believable. The fake upload confuses me, as well. I love the fire on the ceiling effect (are they still doing that?) but I never understood it's point in the plot.

They really can't fix these issues without a major refurb though and I'm not sure if they are gonna do that.