Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I usually have very, very little to complain about in either park. I have just two main ones. The unecessarily long queue for Mummy & Dueling Dragons. Again, for Mummy, I dont see why they just dont let you in through the blue glass doors that are in front, & only open the extended que when & if it really ever gets THAT backed up, because it just feels so weird to go inside, go through a hundred rooms, just to wind up back ouitside, just to go back inside where you couldve just gone through to begin with... even my GF said something about it, of course I just laughed & kept a smile on my face as I knew it was coming! I mean, these seem like the only 2 rides where even the single rider doesnt seem that much faster as you STILL have to go through the ridiculously long queue unlike the other rides in the parks.

I'm so happy they've added the extended queue back into action. I mentioned to my wife when we were down there in December how cool it was to walk into that entrance rather than the museum entrance.

Is it still the same inside?

-Andy

I'm so happy they've added the extended queue back into action. I mentioned to my wife when we were down there in December how cool it was to walk into that entrance rather than the museum entrance.

Is it still the same inside?

-Andy

As far as I'm aware it's the same, but I'd like an option to bypass that part. Completely pointless when there's no queue IMO.

SO Im sure this has happened to most of you, but never to me, soit was pretty cool to see. The screen on the 1st turning platform seems to have been improved even more, as I could barely make out the screen. I cpuldnt see any catwalks or anything like that, it looked really good. So anyway, right before the launch, we just sat there for a good 30 seconds before finally being launched. Than when we got to the fire ceiling scene, we were stuck there for another 30 seconds or so, & got to see the window with the sillouette of the fake TM reset itself.

& the line is as confusing as ever. Me & my GF wanted to ride together, & it was only a 5 min wait, but didnt want to have to go through the stand-by line & go through all of those rooms before you even go into the main builfing entrance. So we decide to go through the single rider, & once inside, cross over to the stand by line. That saved us about 5 minutes. But when we went through single rider, we some how wound up in express, wtf? None the less, we finally made it back into the regular stand by line.

I rode Mummy yesterday and really noticed the improvements/upgrades. It seemed as everything was working perfectly. I especially liked the
blasts of steam/mist during the last drop from the false ending/fire room and the finale.
For me, it makes USF's ending better, but still not as good as the USH ending IMHO.

Last edited:
If UC wants this ride to be as scary/e-tickety as it should, the following should probably happen:

- Renewal of the AA Imhotep scene. So many cool things could happen there (MUSION) that can sufficiently alter the viewing experience (MUSION) to make the two AAs NOT akin to an It's a Small World character (MUSION). Basically, it needs Musion. Plus, lower production costs for this scene. Everyone wins.
- Small update to the treasure room scene because we should probably be able to hear what spell Imhotep casts on us.
- Lowering some HHN tickle threads during the scarab scene. That would freak EVERYONE out.
- If the turntable scene has been fixed, there is nothing that is really necessary at this point. The Imhotep mouth effect is just brilliant after the update.
- Get rid of the disco ghosts. Oh god, please. Worst idea ever conceived. Replace them with some projections or even some disorienting tomb walls. Either would be an upgrade at this point. They look cool as portraits, yet not as show characters.
- The silhouette/fire room scene could use a really cool projection effect in which the bricks morph into Imhotep's face. Basically, all the AAs in the ride are just extraneous at this point, and the ride could do well without them.
- Remove the ending. As you spiral up, you only catch the Med Jai symbol. The final scene is a huge, crumbling tomb in which a struggling Imhotep can be seen in a cloud of dust overhead. There can be walls that open up only as you return into the unloading station to add to the separation between haunted set and normal production facility.

I guess.

If UC wants this ride to be as scary/e-tickety as it should, the following should probably happen:

- Renewal of the AA Imhotep scene. So many cool things could happen there (MUSION) that can sufficiently alter the viewing experience (MUSION) to make the two AAs NOT akin to an It's a Small World character (MUSION). Basically, it needs Musion. Plus, lower production costs for this scene. Everyone wins.
- Small update to the treasure room scene because we should probably be able to hear what spell Imhotep casts on us.
- Lowering some HHN tickle threads during the scarab scene. That would freak EVERYONE out.
- If the turntable scene has been fixed, there is nothing that is really necessary at this point. The Imhotep mouth effect is just brilliant after the update.
- Get rid of the disco ghosts. Oh god, please. Worst idea ever conceived. Replace them with some projections or even some disorienting tomb walls. Either would be an upgrade at this point. They look cool as portraits, yet not as show characters.
- The silhouette/fire room scene could use a really cool projection effect in which the bricks morph into Imhotep's face. Basically, all the AAs in the ride are just extraneous at this point, and the ride could do well without them.
- Remove the ending. As you spiral up, you only catch the Med Jai symbol. The final scene is a huge, crumbling tomb in which a struggling Imhotep can be seen in a cloud of dust overhead. There can be walls that open up only as you return into the unloading station to add to the separation between haunted set and normal production facility.

I guess.

With the exception of the ceiling-fire room, which I think is in fine shape, I agree with all your suggestions! Awesome ideas :thumbs:
I would add that it would be awesome if we could have Musion in the turntable scene, too. It'd work well here because it's a pretty dark room.

BTW, I guess I need to go on Mummy again soon to see what you guys are talking about. I rode it last on Friday, 3/29 at night, and to me, the turntable scene still looks off with "ripples" in the edges of the screen, which give away the fact that it's screen/fabric. I think the screen in the treasure room and the one of the mouth effect at the top of the hill (after the turn-table scene) both look good, but I still had an issue with the turn-table's screen. Musion (or a new screen?) would be great here.

I like the extended que.My last trip was the first time since grand opening I have been in it.
It is well themed ,air conditioned and I am not in a hurry to be stopped standing in line in the last two downstairs rooms.

Potential Upgrades:

Statues outside the facade like in Hollywood
Fix Imhotep AA
Arms reaching out at you (like in Hollywood)
Leg Ticklers in scarab scene
4K images projected on cutouts during coaster sequence
new ending

Just FYI,

The Mummy continues to get some love, and while most will never notice upgrades are still being done.

When is the next installment of the series due?

New Mummy movie comes out in 2014. It will have nothing to do with the Brendan Frasier series. Instead this new film will be a horror movie in present day America.

New Mummy movie comes out in 2014. It will have nothing to do with the Brendan Frasier series. Instead this new film will be a horror movie in present day America.

Awww... but to be fair. Brendan Frasier is a bit old now! He was scrummy in the original Mummy film though!